• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

In game "mail box" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser915

I don't know what is happening to my in game mail box. When I get into the game my little icon says I have mail (and not just 1) all different numbers, but when I try to open them it says there is nothing in the box. Once today it said I had 5 but nothing was in there. Is it just me are is there a real problem. This has been happening for the last 2 days.

CanDaMan

It happens to me too. I think it happens each time I upgrade a building, it adds 1 to the mailbox, but nothing in it. Java error?

No, it happened again to me, but I didn't upgrade anything.

Maybe when someone visits you?

Nope, I just had someone visit me, nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanDaMan

Apparently you are not supposed to 'stack' messages like I did, I just got scolded with a nasty email, who knew?
Apparently I'm expected to be all knowing.

DeletedUser4671

Please help us to determine the cause of this issue. Please follow the format below and reply in this thread :)

When you post a bug please include as much detail as possible

Game version:
__ (right click ingame, click the version number to copy it, paste here)
Game world: __
Browser + version: __
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: __
Screen resolution: __
Account name: __
Humans or Elves: __

Reproducibility: __/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__
__

Expected situation:
__
__

Reproduction Steps
__
2. __
3. __
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

DeletedUser2191

My thoughts on this ...

You have 1 active mail message. First time you receive it, the mail envelope reads 1. You open the mail and this clears the new message indicator. You go offline for x amount time, during that time there are 5 replies to the original message. You log back in and see the envelope indicates 5 new messages when actually it is 5 replies to a single message.

If you have 2 active mail messages, you go off line, message #1 gets 4 replies and message #2 gets 3 replies while offline, when you log back in you see a notice of 7 new messages, when in fact it is 7 replies spread across 2 different messages.

DeletedUser3942

Game version: v1.17.11-(f1932ea) (2016-11-09 12:49) (right click ingame, click the version number to copy it, paste here)
Game world: Winyandor and Khelonaar
Browser + version: Google Chrome + Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit)
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: OSx 10.12.2
Screen resolution: 1440x900
Account name: caillean
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 3/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
The message indicator ingame shows 2 or more new messages. After opening the messenger window there is either no new message at all or less then the indicated number of new messages
__

Expected situation:
Indicator shows the right number of new messages.
__

I may have tracked it down to the following situation, but am not sure if this is the only reason for the mismatch of indicator and new messages shown in the message window.

Reproduction Steps
Delete a message from the box
2. someone replies to this deleted message
3. the game recognises a new message
4. the indicator shows 1 new message
5. open message box
6. the indicated reply to the former deleted message is not available.

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

CanDaMan

Yeah, that's probably it. Someone replies to a deleted conversation. No 'conversation' in the box to show the message, but it still registers as a message.

HelenaReign

My thoughts on this ...

You have 1 active mail message. First time you receive it, the mail envelope reads 1. You open the mail and this clears the new message indicator. You go offline for x amount time, during that time there are 5 replies to the original message. You log back in and see the envelope indicates 5 new messages when actually it is 5 replies to a single message.

If you have 2 active mail messages, you go off line, message #1 gets 4 replies and message #2 gets 3 replies while offline, when you log back in you see a notice of 7 new messages, when in fact it is 7 replies spread across 2 different messages.
I think you're right, I've noticed this too. 7 new messages were 7 posts in the AW chain email in my case. 7 players adding to the chain.
Now if you delete the message, you keep getting notified every time someone responds but you can't see the email, because you deleted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.