• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inactive Accounts

DeletedUser1470

When visiting some of my neighbors I notice no activity and the same few houses for the last 2 weeks. Are inactive accounts purged? I realize 2 weeks is too short of a time to deem someone inactive, but I was just curious.

DeletedUser626

Hi Snowqueen123456,

yes those inactive cites will be purged/removed "eventually" from your neighborhood community, provided they haven't bought diamonds or reached the 3rd research era.

there was a lot of player feedback, that the heavy purging hand was too much to happen all at once, so now it's a bit slower see - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/inactive-purge-occurred-overnight-it-seems.474/

.16 update notes.
New Features.png

• Players who have been inactive for 30+ days will be deleted from the world map from now on. We are making this change to make sure that the map is filled with active players, and it should improve available trades in the Trader as well as Neighborly Help.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-0-16.361/

DeletedUser

How about the inactive players that have started an account built one residence,one workshop, started upgrading their Main hall and left the game? I have several players accounts like this surrounding my cities and am getting frustrated by this because I lose out of a coins bonus because of an inactive player who will probably never return to the game, Why should I be penalized because of this? Why do these accounts have to log back in before their main hall finishes upgrading? This is unfair to me as an active player that depends on every coin bonus I receive from my helpful visits, And also takes away a space on the world map from an active player that I could trade goods with that might give a return visit and offer me a supply bonus also!

Deleted User - 312108

Yup, some of my fellows are on the edge of the map... with little hope of gaining more players or active players near them. Far worse than being in the middle of a populated area even if half are inactive.

DeletedUser

I think there are many players with bigger problems. Some players only have a couple of active players near them and mostly their provinces contains NO players at all. So maybe count your blessings you got some at all. I have very lucky on this world with a great group of players around me and many are not so fortunate. Inactive players disappear in about a month..

What I am simply saying is that the inactive players in my neighborhood have started upgrading their main halls and stopped playing, This affords me no coins when trying to give them neighborly help because they have no buildings I can click on to help,therefore I lose out on the amount of coins I could get if they did not have to log back in to finish upgrading their main halls. This could elevate some of the frustrations during the culling process so that some of the inactive players that are on the map could still give coins in return for the visits that are taking my time away from a bonus coin visit, And I have no way of knowing that they are inactive until I waste my time opening their city up to visit only to find they are inactive and they have no building available for me to give help to, Might as well be an open space, That way I wouldn't be wasting my time!

DeletedUser43

I understand Steve. That is indeed frustrating. I have a bunch of ghost cities near me too. I wish they could fix all these issues. So far the only solution they have is culling and then replacing, only we know they are good at culling and very bad at replacing neighbors. We need better solutions.

DeletedUser1122

Hi Avatrix. Welcome over from the International game. I take it that INno game is shuffling inactives around your world map also. Have you guys determined if the 4 month inactives are being replaced with the 2/3 month inactives? Have you noticed actual actives showing up as neighbours?

DeletedUser

From what I understand Inno is listing this game on pay to click sites to try to gain players and most of the players they gain come on long enough to build a residence build a workshop and start a Main hall upgrade, As soon as they start the Main Hall upgrade they are given the rewards for clicking, Thus the reason they stop playing, Why does Inno give out the reward before these players finish upgrading their Main Hall? It seems to me that if they made them complete the Main Hall upgrade this would remove some of the frustrations of us active players, At least we would be able to gain coins for our daily visits instead of being short changed by a player that will never play the game again until they have the chance to gain more money for clicking, And then most of them create several accounts with different screen names so that they can claim those rewards several times only to leave another city inactive with no chance for active players to at least be able to gain a coin return for a daily visit.

DeletedUser

From what I understand Inno is listing this game on pay to click sites to try to gain players and most of the players they gain come on long enough to build a residence build a workshop and start a Main hall upgrade, As soon as they start the Main Hall upgrade they are given the rewards for clicking, Thus the reason they stop playing, Why does Inno give out the reward before these players finish upgrading their Main Hall? It seems to me that if they made them complete the Main Hall upgrade this would remove some of the frustrations of us active players, At least we would be able to gain coins for our daily visits instead of being short changed by a player that will never play the game again until they have the chance to gain more money for clicking, And then most of them create several accounts with different screen names so that they can claim those rewards several times only to leave another city inactive with no chance for active players to at least be able to gain a coin return for a daily visit.

That is indeed the case Steve. My son tells me that the game is offered on the GPT sites he and his college buddies use to earn a few bucks each week to put into their pizza fund. And the game is offered on different vendors, 5-6 times per GPT site. With no way to track accounts by IP, due to dynamic IP addressing, they each created 5-6 cities, using different email addresses, all going to the default world Inno routed them too. They all made their $3 and moved onto something else, leaving all of their cities with Main Halls in never ending upgrade status.

I asked him to please log into all f his accounts, and ask his buddies to. He looked and me with "that face" and told me they did not bother to write down their User Names and passwords, because they knew they would never be going back into the game after they got their pennies. And that requesting password recovery for each account to go in and have the upgrade complete would be impossible,, since they did not know their UN's or emails they used.

So, if my kids and a dozen of his buddies did this, on GPT sites used by thousands of people or more, in many more countries than just the USA looking for easy pennies to earn... how many of the registered accounts Inno brags about having are just like theirs? Created to earn pennies, left in eternal upgrade status, and never played again?

I have neighbors who have been in this state for way longer than 30 days, who have 1 residence, 1 workshop and a MH in upgrade to lvl 2 since I started playing. With no sign of ever being purges and replaced. And nothing to click on for me or my other active neighbors. Because that Lvl 2 builders hut was out of gold for any of us after 2 clicks. If the MH and other building upgrades finished while players were offline, or had to be completed for the GPT payout, there would be less inactive and useless cities in our neighborhood. And it would NOT be difficult to change the completed upgrade requirement for pay out. No coding needed, just change the terms of the GPT contract.

DeletedUser964

I have never had an inactive neighbor purged in the 6 months plus I have been playing. Inno may have done a purge once upon a time, but now I think they just start new worlds and disregard the older ones completely.

DeletedUser61

Look at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/winyandor-vacancy-watch.1572/#post-10612 for a recent blow-by-blow in us2.

A particular neighbor will stay there forever if they have reached Chapter III or if they've spend more than 200 Diamonds. Once upon a time any inactive city could be deleted, and the user community was outraged. I say outraged, because they would have invested a lot of time and/or money in such a world, and didn't want it to evaporate after just 30 days.

So now we're living with the consequences.

DeletedUser964

I have MANY neighbors that have 1 residence and 1 workshop and then quit the game. Definitely not in Chapter III, and never used any Diamond if they bought them. Some started to upgrade a building and the building has remained in building status for months, so they obviously haven't logged in. Inno has not purged old players at all since probably July 2015, in my opinion.

DeletedUser1999

What I am simply saying is that the inactive players in my neighborhood have started upgrading their main halls and stopped playing, This affords me no coins when trying to give them neighborly help because they have no buildings I can click on to help,therefore I lose out on the amount of coins I could get if they did not have to log back in to finish upgrading their main halls. This could elevate some of the frustrations during the culling process so that some of the inactive players that are on the map could still give coins in return for the visits that are taking my time away from a bonus coin visit, And I have no way of knowing that they are inactive until I waste my time opening their city up to visit only to find they are inactive and they have no building available for me to give help to, Might as well be an open space, That way I wouldn't be wasting my time!
Hi Steve, I understand your frustration, and allot of us are also frustrated. I'm in a fellowship with 25 members but only 5 or 6 of them show up daily or every other day. This makes it harder for visits and trades. I'm a very active player looking for a fellowship with at least half or more of there members showing up daily.

DeletedUser

What I wanted to say is there are 2 players in Winyandor, Mommaice, and Bobby Bundy that have done just this, the accounts have been hung for over 30 days, and no "recycling" has been done; it is very annoying to open up the village and click to give NH only to reazile there is nothing that you can use it on to get your bonus. The NH occurs somewhat in my own autopilot, and as much as I try to avoid these 2 it always seems they get me. Please remove these villages so (hopefully) some other active player may join.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1999

What I wanted to say is there are 2 players in Winyandor, Mommaice, and Bobby Bundy that have done just this, the accounts have been hung for over 30 days, and no "recycling" has been done; it is very annoying to open up the village and click to give NH only to reazile there is nothing that you can use it on to get your bonus. The NH occurs somewhat in my own autopilot, and as much as I try to avoid these 2 it always seems they get me. Please remove these villages so (hopefully) some other active player may join.
Hi Demetar,

I'm not sure how many players are having this same problem but it should be quelled right away. I have a city I went to for a week and the main hall is still being built and nothing to click on for the visit. Another city just isn't doing anything and still there is nothing to click on for 2 weeks, so I remember those cities in my area so I don't waste my time visiting them. Someone who is in charge of checking on in activity should be able to tell the member is gone or inactive to the point they are not coming back. It's usually the cities/villages or what ever the official name we build at that are small and looks like they were there for just a few days then quit. The worse thing that would happen is they start over again and lose a few days building vs. making themselves a pain for others in the area playing actively. I'm not like most I'm sure as I play every day 12+ hrs a day, and you don't have to play even half that, but at least play. I hope this reaches the right people who can do something positive for this game.

Thank you again Demetar for your candid post. LG

DeletedUser43

You both are not wrong. But this has been an issue since this all began and it has been brought up at least 100 times. I wish you luck in getting it resolved. So far, the only way this ever gets fixed is if they do a whole sweep of the neighborhood and that doesn't happen all that often. Which, you are actually lucky that it doesn't. On another server I play on they were very good about sweeping the neighborhoods but they are awful about replacing the empty slots. So, I only have about 10% of the whole world map populated. I know another player that only had 3 neighbors out of 200. So, yeah, it isn't good that these dead cities sit there, but it is better than the solution they currently have of clearing out neighborhoods and not replacing them with anyone.

DeletedUser1999

Hi Bobby Kitty,

I only play on one server, and I'm very happy there, and I'd just like it to improve. You on the other hand seem to be treated even worse than others, and I feel for you. If you decide a petition is necessary to get things going in a more positive way, I'd be more than happy to sign it.

Thank you for you input. LG

DeletedUser

I understand Steve. That is indeed frustrating. I have a bunch of ghost cities near me too. I wish they could fix all these issues. So far the only solution they have is culling and then replacing, only we know they are good at culling and very bad at replacing neighbors. We need better solutions.
Well actually if after 30 days they would just regress the upgrade on the main hall,It would help out all of the frustrated players that are experiencing this. and then after another 30 days if they are still inactive cull them from the map or move these cities to the outside corners and move the active players that are located in the outside corners to the space that they occupied. this would kill two birds with one stone, It would give the active players that have been located in a very difficult position on the board a better location to play and move the inactive players to the outside so that they could be more readily watched for inactivity before being culled from the herd.