• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inactive cities

DeletedUser22644

Yep. Guy is convinced he needs to stay small.
Makes no sense and would seem to be a long term hinderance to his FS, for he will never be able to support others as they grow past him.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Makes no sense and would seem to be a long term hinderance to his FS, for he will never be able to support others as they grow past him.
Not necessarily a hinderance. There's a baby chap 3 city in one of my fellowships that's only got 4500 pts, but she can summit the Spire and is averaging 2700 in tourney. She has no room to do much during FA, but it's not like a chap 5 city can do much more either. However, she sneezes and can complete a bracelet badge. As far as I'm concerned, she is self-sustaining and more than pulling her weight contributing to the FS :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not necessarily a hinderance. There's a baby chap 3 city in one of my fellowships that's only got 4500 pts, but she can summit the Spire and is averaging 2700 in tourney. She has no room to do much during FA, but it's not like a chap 5 city can do much more either. However, she sneezes and can complete a bracelet badge. As far as I'm concerned, she is self-sustaining and more than pulling her weight contributing to the FS :)

That is probably just one of those cities made purely to win and funnel diamonds to their main city. It is not against the games rules though, because when the game was launched, I don't think Inno ever thought that a single country would eventually have 8 servers, thus letting someone do this. If they had thought about the future, they probably would have made it so that free diamonds were bound to the city that won them, and only bought diamonds could be used anywhere. Note that I said "probably", not definitely, because there may actually be a few legit accounts with only one city and still set up that way.

BrinDarby

there may actually be a few legit accounts with only one city and still set up that way.
The only reason I have 2 baby cities is because I was trobleshooting a Browser/Flash
problem, my main city @ CH4 is exactly set up this way .... Lean & Mean ... get the Job Done.

I may be CH4, but my trade volume is more like CH10-11 ... ( just basic goods tho, no sentient )
My 2 smaller cities are actually in more focused FSs, than my main CH4 city is, go figure ...
I am a Spire Maniac, so I'm going to the top, every week no matter what my FS does ....
I don't run a Farm or a Push (whatever that is), I spend diamonds in all 3 worlds.

I even in my CH4 world have space for FA only bldgs.... Maybee I'm on the ......
Have only Evolve or Sets, and no Reg production or other event bldgs, Plan . :cool:
5 events a year, that might take 18-24 months ..... just a thought .... heh heh.

Or maybe I'm just the ... 1st Bank of Brin.... and I'm the clearing house for all the
unwanted basic goods in the FS....

but I get it, Higher CH players want built in guarenteed trading partners @ thier
level. So if they are moving fwd, everyone else has to also... Yes, that does have
its advantages, and in some ways FSs recruit .. not based on performance, but
based on resource needs. Because the real solution to that prob, is increasing
the max rings a player can trade with.... due to less overall , higher CH players
period, in the game..... , many FSs fall back on recruiting CH specific players.

As much as a FS claims they are a 10-13++ chest FS, they are prolly more
of a CH9-CH16 FS , because thats what they need to trade with each other.

I am S.M....all because I choose to be....... but I get the Job done.

larbby

Sometimes I do wonder if the movement tool has been off on a bit of a drinking spree, but it's more likely that you would benefit from a move closer to the middle.

This is one minus of recommending players turn off city movement. If their area gets caught up in moving active cities closer to the center and they have the option turned off, they can suddenly be left in a sea of Gold Mines, to be replaced shortly with inactive cities that are ineligible for removal but are not being used.
I have no way of knowing how close to the center my city is.
Thankfully it was moved twice and both times a good improvement, must have been during sober hours.

It would be nice to keep the old spot warm for 24 or 48 hours and give the option to move back in case you end up in the middle of nowhere.

larbby

Players that have purchased Diamonds will not be deleted for a while, but because of data laws, they will still be deleted because we can only legally store data for a certain length of time. Players that did not purchase Diamonds are eligible for deletion as early as 30 days of inactivity, even if they have Diamonds left in their account.
How about changing the terms to read something like:
Any city that is inactive for 90 consecutive days will be deleted.
Players who purchased diamonds and want to build a new city can recover their diamond purchase.
Click here to recover your diamond purchase for a deleted city.

This could solve the inactive issues and may encourage some players to come back.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya , I thought it was CH4+ and u wouldn't be deleted ...
sometimes RL happens for a few months, what protections are
there for players playing say, more than a year, so that if RL
happens for a couple months, all thier hard work isnt lost ???

my main world is CH4, but my other two are CH3 should I worry ?
After chapter 3 it doesn't happen as quickly, but these cities can still be deleted for inactivity, it's just many months rather than weeks. It's a tiered system, but always starts with new inactives.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I have been playing for over 5 years and I still have a bunch of discovered cities that were already inactive when I started playing.
Players that bought Diamonds can sit on the map for longer than players that didn't. And these cities may belong to somebody who also plays actively in another world. 30 days is the soonest a city becomes eligible for deletion, but not all inactive cities will become eligible at that time depending on level and other factors.

Some cities that appear to be inactive aren't. We have a lot of players that still log in even if they do not upgrade any buildings to make their score change.

Deleted User - 1178646

I don't think this stuff works the way Inno tells you and us. I have been playing for over 5 years and I still have a bunch of discovered cities that were already inactive when I started playing.
What you are unable to see if they logged in once in the past few years, remember even if they log in once (check a please come back mail?) the counter resets.

Data laws are strick and they are not taken lightly in germany, they are complying with the rules. I have no doubt about that.
It's just that we cannot see everything and because of that we make assumptions.

FAR2019

It would be nice if INNO would go into the worlds, & take out the cities that have been inactive for 2 yrs or more. I was looking for active players for our FS. Some have been inactive since 2017, even found a whole FS that all the members in it were inactive & had been for 2 yrs or more. It makes it very difficult when trying to find new members for a FS. Also makes it real hard when you are surrounded by inactive cities for anyone to trade or to get visitors to their city. That has happened to one of our members. It is so bad that I have elvenar stats up & run their name thru there to see if they are inactive, Some of them won't even show up in stats, but their cities are still on the map. I am sure it is the same way on other worlds.

Lyinaral / Arch Mage / Natures Mtn
I am having the same issue. I do not get any trades other than the ones from my own fellowship.

Last edited:

Talaedraiia

How do you turn on and off the option to move your city and do they ever move a very active city to a worse location? I play on an iPad

Last edited:

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
How do you turn on and off the option to move your city

As far as I know you can only change that setting on browser. There you can do it in the settings menu:
1628940995292.png

Gladiola

With regard to chapter 5 cities not being able to put out buildings for the FA, I have 15 workshops and 16 marble factories ready for the next FA. Of course it is not as many as some players who have 50 workshops, but probably more than average for an FA. I could have more if I put out my 15 unplaced expansions.

able99

I am sure there are players that are very active in one world with inactive cities in other worlds they never play. I am one of them.
I'd love to delete the cities I have no intention of ever playing, but to my knowledge there is no way of deleting a city in just one world. You can delete your whole account which will delete all cities.
Providing the ability for players to voluntarily delete a city in just one world will go a long way in clearing up many of the inactive cities without infringing on anyone's rights, diamonds or privacy.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am sure there are players that are very active in one world with inactive cities in other worlds they never play. I am one of them.
I'd love to delete the cities I have no intention of ever playing, but to my knowledge there is no way of deleting a city in just one world. You can delete your whole account which will delete all cities.
Providing the ability for players to voluntarily delete a city in just one world will go a long way in clearing up many of the inactive cities without infringing on anyone's rights, diamonds or privacy.

Maybe a year ago, Support was given the authority to delete cities for players. I think it is a one-time thing per world, so if you have them delete a city on a world, make a new city and eventually not like it or want it, you will be stuck with it again, just like the old days. But anyway, contact Support from in-game and give them the details of what you do not want to keep. Now, I think I am remembering that right, or it might be one city per account that they are allowed to delete, not one per world, so we should tag @helya to confirm which it is.

FAR2019

Hey, as far as there is no activity for 30 days the city will be deleted automatically. I happen to know this first hand. My additional inactive city was deleted.

FAR2019

It has been months since I'm getting Trades only from my Fellowship players. My city is the only one at the level I am now in my WorldMap. There are more than 40 vacant cities around me. I activated the ok to move my city thing and wrote to Support... not a very nice solution... I should wait to see if it happens! Bummer, as 4 of our more advanced players left the FS and they were basically the ones that took my trades.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@FAR2019
Two things: First is that city movement on the map is an automated feature and manual movement by support is not possible.
2nd and most important: Joining an active FS is the solution to trading problems, but your FS is dead, that's why members are leaving. 7 of your 18 remaining members (including your Archmage!) haven't played in over a month; at least one member hasn't played since Nov 2020! Here's a link to see what I'm talking about:
ElvenStats: Heroes of Elvenar on Khelonaar
You can hover over those black triangles next to member names and see the last date they had a score change: it's almost impossible for your score not to change if you're playing.
Bottom Line: you need an active FS and this one is not a good fit for you...

Gladiola

@FAR2019 Inactive cities will be deleted after 30 days unless they have reached chapter 4, in which case it will take several years. It could also take that long if the player has purchased diamons.