• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increase Encounters Per Province & Reinstate Previous Enemy Sizes/Strengths

DeletedUser4451

Hey Elvenar Moderators! With the new upgrade to battles, there's some really fun challenges, but also some really frustrating ones. I'm newly in Chapter 3, and I've battled most of ring 4 on the map. Before the upgrade, I was able to fight with some reasonable wins and losses...

Overnight, I went from having a fighting chance in ring 4, as well as scraping my way through a few ring 5 encounters, to having ZERO chance of winning any encounter in these rings. I'm facing Shady Characters who are 2-5 times more powerful than any of my fighters. I'm now completely stuck.

I've read some that this is because of "scouting too far" and that players should pay attention to the magic chest at the beginning of the next chapter, to gauge how many provinces they win. This seems very limiting, especially for players who play more than a couple days a week. I personally play almost every day (as does everyone in my Fellowship), and while I don't engage in battles every day, I've loved the option to gain KP both with time and with fighting in provinces.

Is winning provinces too much, too quickly, a significant problem you have witnessed with players in this game? If the answer is yes, then a possible solution could be this: Increase the number of encounters per province. Couple that with bringing back the previous strength of enemy characters per ring before the upgrade and make the number of completed provinces needed for a city expansion less if each province has more encounters.

If you don't want to change what you've already implemented, then how about creating a lot more province expansion opportunities in the research menu? As it is now, you've effectively limited the ability for us to win city expansions while fighting, and if we are to grow our cities without being able to win battles, we need a fair solution with more city expansion opportunities via the research menu.

Honestly, though, we need more opportunities to gain KP's than just time. Any player who is active (and active players are ultimately what you want, right?) will/has already hit the same wall we all are exasperated at right now: Battle your way through some encounters, with vastly increasing enemy fighters while upgrades to our own fighters are far, far more limited in comparison.

Without some change, now, you are going to lose players' interest in this game. Reaching a point relatively early where one can only gain KP by logging in and collecting from hour-by-hour collections, while waiting to be strong enough days or weeks later to win a fight will result in players abandoning this game entirely.

I so hope you fix this quickly because I absolutely love this game, but if it turns into checking in like checking my email, then I (and I guarantee others) will move onto something else where I can be more actively engaged in playership. I hope this all gets hammered out quickly and that you take all of our constructive criticisms/offers of solution in good faith. Thank you for creating such a fun and beautiful game, and we all look forward to your responses to this pressing issue!

~Neharis

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4451

You can gain a ton of KP by building boosted manufactories and buying KP with boosted goods. Helps with negotiation too (if you like to scout "too far").
I have bought some KP with my boosted goods, but every time I buy one, the next one gets more expensive, by 40 each time for 1st tier boosted goods, by 20 for 2nd tier boosted goods, and on and on from each one bought. The cost never goes down. While buying KP with goods/coin works in a pinch when I'm desperate for it, long term this will get crazy expensive. They need to make KP via battles easier again.

DeletedUser3640

I have bought some KP with my boosted goods, but every time I buy one, the next one gets more expensive, by 40 each time for 1st tier boosted goods, by 20 for 2nd tier boosted goods, and on and on from each one bought. The cost never goes down. While buying KP with goods/coin works in a pinch when I'm desperate for it, long term this will get crazy expensive. They need to make KP via battles easier again.

There's a pattern in gaining KP and it's quite simple:

1) buy KP with boosted goods;
2) reach certain technology via research that provides possibility to upgrade your manufactories;
3) upgrade boosted manufactories - these upgrades will cover KP cost increase because you'll get more goods with upgraded manufactories;
4) repeat steps 1-3.

P.S. Nothing against battles getting easier again, it's just that battles (even before update) were never crucial in getting more KP.

DeletedUser2444

I am up to the Dwarf level, and now completely stuck, thanks to the new and unfair battle arrangements. What the developers did was just plain wrong and greedy like when a Drug company increases their prices for life saving medicine up to $7,000. a pill.

DeletedUser61

Honestly, though, we need more opportunities to gain KP's than just time.
There are six ways to gain Knowledge Points.
  1. Accumulate 24 per day
  2. Buy them with excess goods and coins (which gets more and more expensive)
  3. Acquire provinces
  4. Win tournaments
  5. Be a top contributor to an Ancient Wonder (10% dividend)
  6. Build the AW that generates a few exta KPs.

DeletedUser

I fully agree about the battle system the change that was made is complete and total BS. I used to be able to win some battles and lose some but now after the update I have 2 enemy troops with less #'s of in each than I do in 5 full troops that have for example 24 in each and the enemy has only 12 but they kill all my troops and I lose this is completely wrong and I am NOT going to spend real money on diamonds just so I can get expansions and actually be able to win fights. This is the main reason I quit playing your other games similar to this due to it taking forever to do anything and totally unfair battles. You will be losing a ton of players due to this change. I used to LOVE this game but the total unfairness in battle is just stupid. :mad:

I fully agree about the battle system the change that was made is complete and total BS. I used to be able to win some battles and lose some but now after the update I have 2 enemy troops with less #'s of in each than I do in 5 full troops that have for example 24 in each and the enemy has only 12 but they kill all my troops and I lose this is completely wrong and I am NOT going to spend real money on diamonds just so I can get expansions and actually be able to win fights. This is the main reason I quit playing your other games similar to this due to it taking forever to do anything and totally unfair battles. You will be losing a ton of players due to this change. I used to LOVE this game but the total unfairness in battle is just stupid. :mad:
Please DO NOT turn this into another lame and excessively slow FOE and a previous comment someone posted about tournaments lol what a joke I have another account that I tried to engage in a tourney but it was very hard to win (unless I wasted ALL my gold, supplies and goods just to negotiate 1 province) but now regular battles are impossible. Please stop discouraging people from wanting to play the game! My other account has been active for over a year and I used to have a lot of fun playing now I am besides myself with anger at how impossible just about everything is.

DeletedUser4288

I see that there are alot of players who are ABSOLUTELY PISSED OFF that you made the battles unwinnable. How do you figure, scouting provinces or not, that someone who is squad size 3 will WIN a battle with 117 light archers, 2x 26 mages 2x 19 heavy infantry with a 16 cannoneers thrown in and I'm at 15-24 squad size!And I had to relearn that same friggin research! HOW DOES THIS EQUATE TO REBALANCING? Its completely imbalanced. Now the game is glacial! THANX for nothing.

DeletedUser

I would agree that encounters can be way too difficult. If I can explore that far out, I should be able to have a reasonable chance, even without the next troop size upgrade. The combat system has always been the most disappointing part of the game for me. It's just not fun with the unbalanced unit "countering" and slow pace. I understand why people would sell their barracks and just buy out provinces. I'm getting close to that point.

DeletedUser4494

I totally agree that the New battle system SUCKS BIG TIME. I can't win ANY fights anymore. I used to only fight where I thought I could win, but since they made the opposing forces stronger AND scrambled the types of units they have it's IMPOSSIBLE.
And it has NOTHING to do with exploring too far out. I'm playing 4 different worlds at 4 different levels of development and ALL of them the fights are impossible to win.

BTW Has anybody else had problems with the sound during battles?

DeletedUser

I totally agree that the New battle system SUCKS BIG TIME. I can't win ANY fights anymore. I used to only fight where I thought I could win, but since they made the opposing forces stronger AND scrambled the types of units they have it's IMPOSSIBLE.
And it has NOTHING to do with exploring too far out. I'm playing 4 different worlds at 4 different levels of development and ALL of them the fights are impossible to win.

I have not had a problem with the sound myself since I have it turned off I play and watch TV at the same time lol

DeletedUser2870

You can gain a ton of KP by building boosted manufactories and buying KP with boosted goods. Helps with negotiation too (if you like to scout "too far").
Untrue if you take a longer view. The cost increases each time one buys kp, so though that may seem an option at the start to get a quick boost it will soon enough end since the amount needed for building and trade increases as well. And unless one is willing to spend huge amounts of diamonds on additional expansions, there is only a limited amount of space for additional manufacturies (and residences, for the needed pop and culture to be allowed to build).
Only near the end of the game will that be a real option again since at that point your goods won't have any other purpose anymore

DeletedUser4355

Hey Elvenar Moderators! With the new upgrade to battles, there's some really fun challenges, but also some really frustrating ones. I'm newly in Chapter 3, and I've battled most of ring 4 on the map. Before the upgrade, I was able to fight with some reasonable wins and losses...

Overnight, I went from having a fighting chance in ring 4, as well as scraping my way through a few ring 5 encounters, to having ZERO chance of winning any encounter in these rings. I'm facing Shady Characters who are 2-5 times more powerful than any of my fighters. I'm now completely stuck.

I've read some that this is because of "scouting too far" and that players should pay attention to the magic chest at the beginning of the next chapter, to gauge how many provinces they win. This seems very limiting, especially for players who play more than a couple days a week. I personally play almost every day (as does everyone in my Fellowship), and while I don't engage in battles every day, I've loved the option to gain KP both with time and with fighting in provinces.

Is winning provinces too much, too quickly, a significant problem you have witnessed with players in this game? If the answer is yes, then a possible solution could be this: Increase the number of encounters per province. Couple that with bringing back the previous strength of enemy characters per ring before the upgrade and make the number of completed provinces needed for a city expansion less if each province has more encounters.

If you don't want to change what you've already implemented, then how about creating a lot more province expansion opportunities in the research menu? As it is now, you've effectively limited the ability for us to win city expansions while fighting, and if we are to grow our cities without being able to win battles, we need a fair solution with more city expansion opportunities via the research menu.

Honestly, though, we need more opportunities to gain KP's than just time. Any player who is active (and active players are ultimately what you want, right?) will/has already hit the same wall we all are exasperated at right now: Battle your way through some encounters, with vastly increasing enemy fighters while upgrades to our own fighters are far, far more limited in comparison.

Without some change, now, you are going to lose players' interest in this game. Reaching a point relatively early where one can only gain KP by logging in and collecting from hour-by-hour collections, while waiting to be strong enough days or weeks later to win a fight will result in players abandoning this game entirely.

I so hope you fix this quickly because I absolutely love this game, but if it turns into checking in like checking my email, then I (and I guarantee others) will move onto something else where I can be more actively engaged in playership. I hope this all gets hammered out quickly and that you take all of our constructive criticisms/offers of solution in good faith. Thank you for creating such a fun and beautiful game, and we all look forward to your responses to this pressing issue!

~Neharis
I agree with you, its zero winning chance now

Frustrating, moderators decreased my squad size, training size & increased strength of enemies thrice, it left me just for gaining KP

Maz Mellor

I've noticed that some things that used to make sounds (e.g., sorceresses' attacks), now don't. I thought it was odd.

True, but much less satisfying and enjoyable, IMHO. Fighting is—or was—fun.

It really does seem like Inno is punishing players for being too active, for putting too much time and effort into building and expanding their city. What an odd approach for a development team to take.

DeletedUser4537

Frustrating, moderators decreased my squad size, training size & increased strength of enemies thrice, it left me just for gaining KP
My squad size is larger (108 to 144) but their squad size is 3x mine most of the time, or worse. Even if I go back and do the couple extra "Squad Size" boosts that appeared on the tree, they will still vastly outnumber me -- and more importantly, out-power me. 200 Archers II is no match for 96 Golems II. I'm looking at not fighting for a chapter and a half because I 'over scouted.' And without gaining KP with fighting, that means about 600 hours of waiting. That's not really a game. That's like applying for a home loan -- and about as fun. o_O

Calenmir

If you are following along on the Quests, one of them is to fight and WIN an encounter. Fortunately it is a declinable quest, but what is worrying me is that it might become mandatory. I was destroyed a few times, so I now decline (three times so far). What do I do then if it becomes mandatory? I haven't progressed far enough to know if anything will actually become mandatory, but if it does... what do I do?

DeletedUser4537

If you are following along on the Quests, one of them is to fight and WIN an encounter. Fortunately it is a declinable quest, but what is worrying me is that it might become mandatory. I was destroyed a few times, so I now decline (three times so far). What do I do then if it becomes mandatory? I haven't progressed far enough to know if anything will actually become mandatory, but if it does... what do I do?
I'm only up to chapter 4, but I've never seen a fight become mandatory. In fact, one of the INNO videos (the one explaining the changes with the battle system) said specifically that fighting will always be optional. I think you're okay there (along with a lot of other people in the same boat!).

DeletedUser4355

I dont have any problm with sound !!! You are right mezz mellor Inno games seems like punishing us !! I spend my 9 hours almost everyday in this game !! I progressed very fast in starting, soon experienced & lerned how to win battles but now its too slow, I can win so I have to negotiate & then wait untill I have enough sources to negotiate & expand.

Me too scouted too many provinces but cant win them now !!! just negotiating one by one , and waiting untill I have resources to negotiate

But I love this game , I just hope moderators will do somthing for it

DeletedUser3818

In case anyone does not know this, the Moderators do not control the game content. That is the role of the developers. However, I must say that being a long-time FoE player, I am used to interactive Moderators on the forum. I have followed only a few threads in the forums here in Elvenar and cannot help but notice that Moderators are almost completely ABSENT in the forums.

Hello???? Is anyone actually reading these posts?

This topic is about 4 days old without any reply from an Inno Moderator. Shame on you. That would never happen on such a hot topic as the battle rebalancing. Time for the Elvenar team to look towards the FoE team for examples on how to interact with your players.