• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increase Encounters Per Province & Reinstate Previous Enemy Sizes/Strengths

DeletedUser2963

Gotta say, I think the moderators are doing an excellent job of moderating. They are allowing players to hash out and discuss the issue, any time we start to get out of hand, they step right in. if you want to see a moderator doing their job get personal and nasty.

DeletedUser3818

No complaints about disrespectful language or derogatory remarks about other players. But it seems like there is very little communication in Elvenar not only on the forums with Moderators, but from the dev team. FoE just announced the actual start date for their Halloween Event and players can't miss that info since they see it each time they go to login. Even though I was on the lookout for the start of the most recent one here in Elvenar, I was surprised it had begun when I logged in this morning. Either I haven't figured out after a year of playing the game, how the Elvenar team communicates to the players, or the Elvenar team needs to do a better job with communications. It is the SAME company, you would think there would be some kind of transfer for best practices in player communications. Try playing FoE for a few months & you will notice the difference.

DeletedUser

No complaints about disrespectful language or derogatory remarks about other players. But it seems like there is very little communication in Elvenar not only on the forums with Moderators, but from the dev team. FoE just announced the actual start date for their Halloween Event and players can't miss that info since they see it each time they go to login. Even though I was on the lookout for the start of the most recent one here in Elvenar, I was surprised it had begun when I logged in this morning. Either I haven't figured out after a year of playing the game, how the Elvenar team communicates to the players, or the Elvenar team needs to do a better job with communications. It is the SAME company, you would think there would be some kind of transfer for best practices in player communications. Try playing FoE for a few months & you will notice the difference.
And I quit FOE over 3 years ago because how it takes forever to build or do anything, this game is going down the same path, sorry not everyone has endless $ to spend to actually have fun. The battle system change BLOWS a MAJOR rear end, and needs to go back to players having at least a chance to win. I lost a battle that I have squad of 36 full 5 troops but 2 whole troops that had only 15 wiped me out that is totally and completely unfair. That is why I stopped playing BS FOE and was hoping they actually made 1 of the games Inno makes at least fair.

DeletedUser

Sorry but like the Southpark Episode freemium games sucker you in and expect people to spend real $ on a supposed FREE game

DeletedUser2963

But it seems like there is very little communication in Elvenar not only on the forums with Moderators, but from the dev team. FoE just announced the actual start date for their Halloween Event and players can't miss that info since they see it each time they go to login.
I have heard about those in this forum. Elvenar players hate those things with a passion, and get downright nasty about them in this forum every single time the devs use them.

DeletedUser

New battle system is not good. I spend too much money on this game as it is...if the battle system is not corrected I'llbe leaving the game...there are lots of other games out there...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hello???? Is anyone actually reading these posts?

But it seems like there is very little communication in Elvenar not only on the forums with Moderators, but from the dev team.

There have been a few responses in the actual thread that is dedicated to discussing the battle redesign.
For some reason people make thread after thread after thread about the same topic... if I was a mod I'd either merge or lock every single one with a link to the main discussion.
In that original thread there were a couple posts about wanting the old combat system back, and the staff said in no uncertain terms that it was not going to happen, so when someone makes another thread with that exact suggestion in the title, it should be ignored/locked/merged.

New battle system is not good. I spend too much money on this game as it is...if the battle system is not corrected I'llbe leaving the game...there are lots of other games out there..
What exactly is wrong with it, what would you like changed? "Not good, me quit." isn't very helpful.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4677

I think the battle system is a little overbalanced.....most the time you are not only facing a larger number of units but it seems that the enemy unit size it also larger.....before the new system I was able to win a better than average number of battles even though I took losses....now it is way to hard to even break even.....would also be nice to see the battlefield before picking you forces......

DeletedUser3185

The battles is what I think makes this game a lot of fun, among other things. I enjoy trying to figure out how to win and sometimes I lose. I recognize trying to make the battles challenging but I felt that they already were challenging. Even when I won a battle, I usually lost a lot of troops and would have to spend resources to build them back up. I would have to develop a different strategy to try and win. That makes it fun. Now, I just lose every time and I lose all my troops. What is the point in building up my troops if I'm never able to win? I recognize that I'm ahead on the provinces from where the chapters are but that is because I like to do the battles. Why do we get punished for trying to battle more often and expand our cities? Battling is a nice addition to the game and I love to do it but I have completely stopped due to the changes. This takes out a major portion of the game that I have enjoyed about it. Now I just wait to negotiate since that is all I can do and that is not even fun. I'm increasingly losing my enjoyment from the game because I'm not doing any more battles. Yes, make them challenging but not so much that there is zero chance of winning. I expect to lose some but I should also have a realistic chance of winning using the right strategy. Right now, there isn't any.

DeletedUser2963

All of this brings us back to: A core feature of this game is the limited space. You must very carefully plan your cities growth or else you end up stuck and forced to delete buildings. People who hate this feature quit quickly and go play a nice city builder that has a warehouse where they can store buildings while they re-arrange. This game has no warehouse because, haha, core feature. That is one of the things that very much sets this game apart from other city building games. You can buy your way out of it, but you can no longer roll over it by endlessly conquering provinces.

I recognize that I'm ahead on the provinces from where the chapters are but that is because I like to do the battles. Why do we get punished for trying to battle more often and expand our cities? Battling is a nice addition to the game and I love to do it but I have completely stopped due to the changes. This takes out a major portion of the game that I have enjoyed about it. Now I just wait to negotiate since that is all I can do and that is not even fun.

You can still fight battles in the tournaments, they run regularly. But expanding your city rapidly by rolling over provinces as fast as possible is no longer an option. You are not being punished, inno is simply enhancing and enforcing a core feature of the game.

They did this by implementing a progressive battle update which is actually a great deal of fun. You will never have fun with it, outside of tournaments, if you keep negotiating provinces. There are many people stuck in your position, ahead of where they should be, and that sucks for them. But if you keep pushing out you will never really get to try the new system. The progressive difficulty is really not as much fun to play with in the tournaments due to the tiny squad sizes. But at least you can play around with the battle pentagon and practice with troop combos.

DeletedUser2870

I'm only up to chapter 4, but I've never seen a fight become mandatory. In fact, one of the INNO videos (the one explaining the changes with the battle system) said specifically that fighting will always be optional. I think you're okay there (along with a lot of other people in the same boat!).

Too bad that fighting is NOT always optional. Because once you're 'too far out' according to the devs you need orcs to negotiate. Since many active players get to that point way before they can actually produce orcs they do not have any option but to fight those provinces. Which is downright impossible.

All of this brings us back to: A core feature of this game is the limited space. You must very carefully plan your cities growth or else you end up stuck and forced to delete buildings. People who hate this feature quit quickly and go play a nice city builder that has a warehouse where they can store buildings while they re-arrange. This game has no warehouse because, haha, core feature. That is one of the things that very much sets this game apart from other city building games. You can buy your way out of it, but you can no longer roll over it by endlessly conquering provinces.

You can still fight battles in the tournaments, they run regularly. But expanding your city rapidly by rolling over provinces as fast as possible is no longer an option. You are not being punished, inno is simply enhancing and enforcing a core feature of the game.

They did this by implementing a progressive battle update which is actually a great deal of fun. You will never have fun with it, outside of tournaments, if you keep negotiating provinces. There are many people stuck in your position, ahead of where they should be, and that sucks for them. But if you keep pushing out you will never really get to try the new system. The progressive difficulty is really not as much fun to play with in the tournaments due to the tiny squad sizes. But at least you can play around with the battle pentagon and practice with troop combos.

Balderdash!
On my main world I have quite a while ago finished the orc-chapter. There is no way I can fight and win any provinces anymore, except perhaps the elixer provinces because they have mainly light units.
All other provinces are imposible to win, no matter what combi of troops I use. Their troops are easily 5x mine, do way more damage (even proportionally) and can take way more hits.
Besides that the elven army has no defence at all against cerberus, mage and cannon units. Not to mention that the opposing heavy melee units are pretty much invincible too for an elven army.
So I'm stuck...no battles are possible anymore and even in the tournaments where I used to spend a lot of time and effort to complete 8-10 provinces each time I now am lucky if I can fight 3or 4 to about half way. Negotiating them is so ridiculously expensive it's not an option either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2963

Balderdash!
???
All other provinces are imposible to win, no matter what combi of troops I use. Their troops are easily 5x mine, do way more damage (even proportionally) and can take way more hits.
I have a some provinces like that, 3 rings past the ring I needed to be in to open the chest for the next chapter. 4 rings past that point and the enemy troop count is closer to 10x mine.

Besides that the elven army has no defence at all against cerberus, mage and cannon units. Not to mention that the opposing heavy melee units are pretty much invincible too for an elven army.
The Archer does very well against Mages and HM units. The sorceress still yanks the teeth right out of the cannon units. But I am with you that those freaking dogs just suck!!!

As for the last tournament, I ran it with sorceresses and archers, with an occasional Golem or treant. I did not go all out on it as I am hoarding my supplies for the halloween event, just in case i need them, so I was unwilling to negotiate. I finished it just barely in the top 200.

DeletedUser2870

The Balderdash....well, I've been getting flak from the mods here for using other words. but I guess it is old-fashioned.

My sorceress may do well against the cannon, except she gets slaughtered before she has much of chance to even get in range. Same case for my archers and opposing spellcasters.
And I'm sure the next ring of provinces is even worse...but with 2-3 days scouting time it's not as if I can hurry getting there. Not to mention I don't WANT to have to negotiate. I want to be able to fight the encounters. Except there is no way to win. And this is taking a great deal of pleasure out of the game.

DeletedUser4815

Time for the Elvenar team to look towards the FoE team for examples on how to interact with your players.
In my opinion, the Elvenar team needs to learn form the FoE team in content as well....

DeletedUser2870

In my opinion, the Elvenar team needs to learn form the FoE team in content as well....

It would be a great improvement if they actually start listening to the players instead of blindly blundering on and destroying the game for those who actively play