• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inno's dealing with push accounts needs drastic improvement discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Ashrem
Yes, some of us are suggesting that inno should send a warning email if they haven't already. This is us being soft. Some don't even want that, they just want straight up banning without warning (other than the rules)
None of your ideas (even the barely plausible ones) can explain months of inaction that we can accept.
nobody arguing on these forums knows more than they can see by looking at a given city. They don't know if the player in question owns a significant interest in the game, or spends 25000 Euros a month on Diamonds and the developers are tolerating their abuse of the rules because it keeps paying the bills.
Maybe the player in question is Timon?
Maybe it's an A.I. from the future and if it get's banned it will turn into SkyNet?

Or perhaps it's just a normal person who is cheating because it is easy and the rules aren't being properly enforced.
Maybe they don't have deep pockets and an army of lawyers chomping at the bit to file a suit they'll never win.
Maybe an official warning hasn't been sent yet, and would actually make a difference.

Those are possible too

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem
Yes, some of us are suggesting that inno should send a warning email if they haven't already. This is us being soft. Some don't even want that, they just want straight up banning without warning (other than the rules)
None of your ideas (even the barely plausible ones) can explain months of inaction that we can accept.

Maybe it's an A.I. from the future and if it get's banned it will turn into SkyNet?

Or perhaps it's just a normal person who is cheating because it is easy and the rules aren't being properly enforced.
Maybe they don't have deep pockets and an army of lawyers chomping at the bit to file a suit they'll never win.
Maybe an official warning hasn't been sent yet, and would actually make a difference.

Those are possible too
Well, those are mostly a little less possible, but yes, most of them are, in fact, possible (depending on which variation of physics you think is correct, all of them are possible). And thank you for acknowledging the crux that it isn't about reasons, it's about reasons people find acceptable. None of us like to be kept in the dark.

It's possible I'm reading something that isn't there, but I'm interpreting a degree of testiness in your messages now. Please don't forget that I'd like to see such accounts banned, too. And I'm not saying that I think any of the possibilities I suggested are likely. I simply oppose people making claims that are demonstrably false (i.e. we know Inno hasn't done anything, or there are only two possibilities, based on whether or not a letter has been sent). Neither of those statements is factual.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Yay we made it to conspiracy, my favorite part! Maybe you are almost right and that either they have interns running push accounts to drive diamond sales or they don't care who is doing it for the same reason. I applaud your ability to get really worked up about something and drive it into the ground, good grief this thread is at least 20 feet under by now and it's pretty much the same as that other thread.
Let's sum up:
1. People/Bots/Interns/Terminators/Ect have push accounts.
2. INNO won't tell you what or if they are doing anything because they can't for various reasons or just don't want to or don't care.
3. Something is either being done you can't see or never will be.
4. You have the option to report them and then... refer to 3
5. The majority of players don't know about any of this and/or don't care.
6. I wonder what @alt man thinks about the Monty Hall door problem?
7. If some of us were on the Dev team we would do things differently but we aren't so we can't.
8. @SoggyShorts doesn't like push accounts... like seriously a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
On a side note, what's with people Tagging others in the same message where they quote them? Have I ever, in the 13 months I've been on these forums, neglected to reply to someone quoting me, where you actually think tagging me would have made a difference in that?

SoggyShorts

I simply oppose people making claims that are demonstrably false (i.e. we know Inno hasn't done anything)
But you are capable of reading between the lines:
When a player says
"We know inno hasn't done anything"
The whole thought is rather clearly
"We know inno hasn't done anything yet that has stopped the player from continuing to use their push accounts to contribute to their wonder, based on the fact that the player is still doing it months after we started reporting them"

Arguing semantics and picking apart each post for improper use of superlatives doesn't help us present a united front on a subject that you yourself has said you care about.

On a side note, what's with people Tagging others in the same message where they quote them? Have I ever, in the 13 months I've been on these forums, neglected to reply to someone quoting me, where you actually think tagging me would have made a difference in that?
There are 2 possibilities (or more;))
1. They started with a tag, and then added a quote later, forgetting to remove the now somewhat redundant tag.
2. Some players do not "subscribe/watch" threads, and only get an alert when tagged. Belt and suspenders.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But you are capable of reading between the lines:
When a player says
"We know inno hasn't done anything"
The whole thought is rather clearly
"We know inno hasn't done anything yet that has stopped the player from continuing to use their push accounts to contribute to their wonder, based on the fact that the player is still doing it months after we started reporting them"
That might be true for some people, but there were absolutely no lines to read between in the comment I referenced. Please look at it again. I specifically asked how someone could know they haven't done anything at all behind the scenes, and the entire reply does not leave any space for reading between the lines that it is about visible responses.

on a subject that you yourself has said you care about.
You are reading too much into my responses. While I'd like it if they did something. I specifically don't care, because I'm not here to compete with anyone but myself. And if it turns into such a problem that they shut the game down, I suspect I'd be more relieved than anything else, since I produce approximately four times as much casual fiction writing when I'm not playing ( about 40k words/month vs about 10k)

Last edited:

DeletedUser12423

Then follows the rest that since these players were reported months ago, something more should be done
Sog, what if you guys are WRONG? What if the guy or gal ISN'T cheating, even if it appears that way? Is that not also a possibility?

Players can't see what goes on like Inno can. That's the only fact I've seen in this entire THREAD.

SoggyShorts

That might be true for some people, but there were absolutely no lines to read between in the comment I referenced. Please look at it again.
This one?
"Well I am for one watching one group of accounts where absolutely no action has been taken in the past four months"
Because that one fits very well with what I said.
"Well I am for one watching one group of accounts where absolutely no action has been taken[that has caused the player to stop what they are doing] in the past four months"

If inno is taking actions that have no effect, that isn't different enough from taking no action to make a difference to us.

SoggyShorts

Sog, what if you guys are WRONG? What if the guy or gal ISN'T cheating, even if it appears that way? Is that not also a possibility?
Sure, it is possible that there are a dozen players who all have the exact same layout, and who all only log in to Elvenar to dump KP into the same players wonder every single day just a minute or two apart for months....

SoggyShorts

unwatch2.png

Good luck with the pushers.

DeletedUser13415

Arguing semantics and picking apart each post for improper use of superlatives doesn't help us present a united front on a subject that you yourself has said you care about.

Amen.

No. It's not a possibly. The player in question between 2017-11-18 and 2017-12-08 - gained 20564 kp in their ancient wonders (975.4 on average per day) . I can't go into more detail here but feel free to start a private conversation with me.

To put that into perspective the majority of active players are getting under 50kp/day sustained. No amount of skill can result in 20x that in a game which is real time.

2576b3.jpeg

Last edited:

DeletedUser12423

To put that into perspective the majority of active players are getting under 50kp/day sustained. No amount of skill can result in 20x that in a game which is real time.
Thank you, that chart was clear and if it's accurate, I see your point. It's just not possible for a player to grow like that in said amount of time. I'm sure there is a reason why he or she hasn't been banned, though. Is it possible it's not one person? Or that person is hiding tracks by using different ways to log in? It would be hard to ban someone using 1-2 phones, 1-3 ip addresses, etc?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I think Inno needs to get the info that this is cheating out into the game and tell players in game that if they are pushing there main account they will be banned. I think most of these pushing players never even sign up to the forums to know about the rules and may have been lead to believe that it is ok to do by another member/player (perhaps in the FS they joined as a new player) and wouldn't even think they are doing anything against the rules. I like to believe that if the info was put in game, it might go further to stop players from doing it.
This would be a good use for the new, news feature they put in game. I would like to see them use this to inform players about pushing and then clearly enforce the ban on the biggest of the pushers to show that they are serious about it. I think this is the only effective way to make any difference in the pushing in game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

Yes that's why I started this thread, And I have contacted the said player, and she continues to do it.

Nectar of the Gods

I have read this whole thread and I don't know why. :(

I just started playing Elvenar in October. I didn't know what "push accounts" were as I was scrolling through the threads, and so it caught my eye. I'm still not totally sure I understand it. But from my perspective as a new player, I don't care. It doesn't affect me from what I can tell. I'm not out to police the game. But I do want to ask what will turn out to be a really stupid question because I'm new and lack understanding. How is it different for a player to have multiple accounts that put kp into an AW to level it up than it is to have the FS members put kp into a players AW to level it up? Is it not basically the same thing? The end result is the AW gets leveled up faster, right?

DeletedUser5800

How is it different for a player to have multiple accounts that put kp into an AW to level it up than it is to have the FS members put kp into a players AW to level it up? Is it not basically the same thing? The end result is the AW gets leveled up faster, right?
Because when actual players do it there is usually a give and take, push accounts exist only to support the main. So whereas I might find 20 people to donate to my AW, if they are actually playing their city they won't give me every KP for months on end and expect no return... but if I make 20 accounts just for that... well you can see where that becomes problematic to the general ethics of fair play.