• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inno's dealing with push accounts needs drastic improvement discussion

DeletedUser1108

I suspect that there is some legal reason that none of us has thought of that prevents Inno from actually enforcing the pushing violations. We all ascribe financial motivations, but they haven't seemed to be overly concerned with such ramifications in other issues. It is frustrating to have no clue why they have found it an unenforceable policy. If it IS somehow unenforceable, at least they could go ahead and admit that and put the issue to bed once and for all.

DeletedUser5800

@Xelenia So when are they going to admit they are making the problem worse instead of better because they don't actually care at all and change the ToS to reflect that stance? Trying to get an idea of when I'll need to transition my alts from ethical to completely unethical. ;) ;)

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
@Xelenia So when are they going to admit they are making the problem worse instead of better because they don't actually care at all and change the ToS to reflect that stance? Trying to get an idea of when I'll need to transition my alts from ethical to completely unethical. ;) ;)

Admittedly, I do not have an answer for you...but this is from our CM and I believe it summarize the thought:

I have done what I can in this thread to explain the differences between multi accounts (which are perfectly acceptable no matter how many you have) and pushing, as well as explain that no one would be banned immediately for pushing without first being contacted directly through an in-game support ticket to discuss the matter.

There are always going to be players that want to have something defined in an 'absolute' manner but as the pushing rule is constantly being reviewed and evolving as the game does, that is simply not possible.

You are definitely welcome to look through the old pushing threads for more of her responses:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-is-this-not-pushing.7704/

DeletedUser5800

You are definitely welcome to look through the old pushing threads for more of her responses
Oh I'm well aware, I'm the one that finally got a US mod to say multi-accounting was okay as a previous mod had said it wasn't and it was still in the ToS at the time... figured I would take a shot at doing the same with this. LOL

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I suspect that there is some legal reason that none of us has thought of that prevents Inno from actually enforcing the pushing violations.
I've thought about this a few times, and I just don't see it as being likely. Surely a company making $160,000,000 per year has a pretty iron-clad "If you break our rules we can delete you" clause.
A few months ago I did a fairly deep search on google looking for companies getting into trouble for deleting players for any reason, and there's just nothing out there. Perhaps people have sued and signed an NDA with the settlement, but there should still be some evidence if that has happened.

I believe the most likely scenario is that inno could remove any player they wanted, but chooses not to because many of them spend money as well as cheating. Not just a little, but a huge amount. One example player pushed her way to all level 25 wonders which was free, but buying ~10,000 runeshards and upgrading instantly doesn't come cheap. She also finished chapter 12 in a few days.

Leaving the ToS as is and choosing if and when to enforce it gives the company the best results. They get money from cheaters, but can change their mind at any time. Cheaters may even act like a carnie shill by enticing legit spenders to compete.

The Unbeliever

I guess I'm pretty indifferent to it all...
I mean, it's not like there's any kind of prize or shiny award for being 'Top Player in X World'. Nor is there any money to be made in being "the best of the best" in these kinds of games...

It's not like anyone besides IG is even making money, so if a few try-hards want to treat it like the national 'Tragic the Saddening' tournament circuit, or the LVO/NOVA table top "competitive tournaments", who cares?
No skin off my back, and it's kinda funny to think that some are throwing frankly ridiculous amounts of actual cash at a F2P game that has no actual competitive value or reward! :p

At least the MTG players who "cheat-to-win" (and do indeed also spend silly amounts of money on their decks!), can earn some nice cash prizes for acting like spoiled WaaC's TFG's!

Pheryll

Set Designer
I've thought about this a few times, and I just don't see it as being likely. Surely a company making $160,000,000 per year has a pretty iron-clad "If you break our rules we can delete you" clause.
Leaving the ToS as is and choosing if and when to enforce it gives the company the best results. They get money from cheaters, but can change their mind at any time. Cheaters may even act like a carnie shill by enticing legit spenders to compete.

This practice of selective enforcement from gaming companies has a long history dating back to the time of machinema productions. People used game resources to create films for showcasing. Though there were initial hurdles, companies soon saw the advertising power of this endeavor, tipping their hats to certain innocuous violations. Even now we have game data mined by elvenarchitect for the benefit of players. Even elvenstats uses the game resources of icons for relics. None of these will be worth it for a company to pursue action against. The precedent is already out. Gaming companies look the other way when friendly violations occur, while still being able to throw out the book against others.