• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

InnoTV June Episode

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please leave your feedback on our newest episode of InnoGames TV in this topic!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser626

2:40mark

looks very nice, will be able to use up runes/shards to go to lvl 15 ancient wonders instead of lvl 10.

City score is increased for knowledge points invested in completing the research phase of an ancient wonder at the upgrade.
is that going to happen in 2 weeks on the live servers or is that beta time frame?

that is a lot of wonders they are working on.

Last edited by a moderator:

maeter75

I like the points you get for having KP invested in an AW. Its nice to know that you will get them.
Overall from reading the release notes for 1.7 in beta, looks nice
good work Elvenar team

DeletedUser627

Is anyone else wondering about this possible domino chain:

More space for Wonders means less manufacturing space
This results in less goods production
This is a nightmare for non-buyers of expansions (tested this in my no pay city - constantly running short of goods already)
Tournament catering costs at present levels will be impossible.
KP is going to become the single most valuable scoring component in the game - and it's primarily available to fighters, not manufacturers.

These Wonders will need to be extremely powerful in aiding goods production.

DeletedUser43

Now that the ancient wonders are going to give points based on how much kp they take to level up, does anyone have a list of how much kp it takes to level up each ancient wonder and possibly the size grid they need to be built?

DeletedUser

That info should be in the Ancient wonders page of the wiki.....

Also, I'm very excited about this announcement. I've been waiting for it for a while. The new AW are just icing on the cake. Unfortunately, it'll mean I need more expansions, putting off the Magic Academy for even later. Oh well - still really excited for new shiny!

DeletedUser43

I looked like crazy in the wiki. I can't find it. I don't see a list of what it costs to upgrade level by level. Am I blind? Looking in the wrong place?

I am terribly excited by this news! I think it could change the whole game around! Instead of having tons of the same factories and houses over and over we can build ancient wonders now. Maybe we won't need so many factories because we will get more goods from the wonders! Then we can delete some houses and workshops to make room for the wonders. Won't that be fun? It is almost like starting all over. But...for the advanced players, at least they are advanced enough to collect kp from tournaments and from their advanced fellowships and they have all that room, so they aren't totally disadvantaged.

Now...if they would only give points for the magic academy all would be perfect!! Oh, this will change all kinds of calculations, but that is the fun part of this game!!

DeletedUser

On the wiki - buildings, ancient wonders, elven ancient wonders, then when you get to each AW on the right hand side of the bar, there is an option to expand. This will drop down the grid with the kp numbers, requirements, sizes, etc.

DeletedUser43

Thank you!! I found it. Ok...for the
Prosperity towers...it takes 3018 kp to level up to level 10. It is 5x4.

Blooming Trader Guild
3112 kp
3x7

Dwarven Bullwark
3703 kp
7x4

Great Bell Spire
3365 kp
4x6

Crystal lighthouse
3365 kp
6x4

Martial monestary
5x5

Sanctuary
3429 kp
5x5

I am bubbling over with excitement at this news. Finally we have a game!! You can choose to build only factories, or you can build wonders. You can spend a fortune on culture or now you won't need much. You can spend a fortune on wonders or you can just fight for the kp. If you don't like fighting you don't need to build the wonders. But at least the wonders won't disappear and become useless like the snails if you choose to spend your money to build them all. Plus, they are now going to level 15.

So many options!!

I think we need to rebalance the catering costs though in the tourneys. The balance has now pretty strongly tipped towards fighters if you want ancient wonders because there is no way to negotiate your way to enough kp to build them.

DeletedUser511

These people are nuts to think we are gonna have room for all these. The players that have been playing cant even fit the ones that are already in the game on their map. Now we have to back track and squeeze more in? A wonder when its complete should come with a expansion.

DeletedUser43

Or, we delete stuff to make room. We are advanced players that played a game in its infantile stages. Most of these new wonders are introduced early on in the chapters when folks have nothing but possibilities ahead of them. At least we have researched a lot of the space available. When I first started playing the game was so new no one had any idea what the best way to go was. I built stuff, deleted, built again.

But, we know there is at least one more race coming. Maybe that will come with expansions?

DeletedUser627

It will be interesting to 1) get the Wonder detailed descriptions and then 2) plot out an implementation strategy. Timon indicated that one of them had a multiplying effect on KP

DeletedUser1122

So by the end of chapter 5 you will be getting 1 of 12 different types of shards. Drats, I think the towers just got harder to get.
Wonder if I'd like the game if I started to play now?

DeletedUser706

@6pac I think you will not get shards for wonders you have not researched yet. So if you hold off researching the new AWs then the chances of getting Prosperity Towers runes would stay the same.

DeletedUser1122

then the chances of getting Prosperity Towers runes would stay the same.

I finished the research for Fairy's AW last night. I had 10 provinces at 7/8 waiting for completion. I got:
2 - Bulward
4 - Blooming
2 - Towers (one which broke) This equals 1.09 shards?
1 - Mountain
1 - Sanctuary (now have 43 for level 15 oh joy!)
So 10 provinces = one rune shard for the Tower thing = about 300 hours @ 30 hours per province
So 60 provinces for eight rune shards (and broken) @ say 36 hours = 2,160 = 90 days
Ok that is easy.
So once you start on the new gang of 6 step lightly because your odds will slip to less than 1%?
I'm sure INNO will think of something to get the game to a playable level that doesn't involve fighting. You think?
The chances of getting desire shards is hard with 6 AW. How can you attempt to get more? A new shard mechanism will have to be introduced.
Wonder if they make researching the new AW mandatory?:eek:

DeletedUser1036

Wonder if they make researching the new AW mandatory?:eek:

It looked like it for the first 4 I think the last 2 Fairy style were just added to the Fairy Wonder research in the knowledge tree

DeletedUser627

if you hold off researching the new AWs then the chances of getting Prosperity Towers runes would stay the same.

Back in Beta, they once introduced Wonders as optional Research, then changed it to mandatory. About the only thing they're willing to make optional is "will I play, or won't I play".

Wonder if I'd like the game if I started to play now?

The best question. I have a city at Research III, where I paid for builders then quit. It will make an interesting testing ground. Even with the availability of Wonders so early, one thing I can already tell is that I'll have to choose between

Spending KP to Research OR​

Spending KP to upgrade the new Wonders

Because I can't increase my KP via Tournaments - at that level it's too hard to win fights. And when I tried to cater a couple, then I had to stop working my builders because I couldn't afford upgrades.
Maybe I have no cause for pessimism - but that will have had to make a significant focus on improving the benefits of Wonders at low levels, otherwise they'll slow the game rather than speed it.

DeletedUser61

your odds will slip to less than 1%?
On the other hand, as Ancient Wonders climb to level 15, they'll be awarding THREE Rune Shards to each of the top 5 contributors.

So Tournaments will provide a fivefold benefit:
  1. You'll get extra KPs that you can contribute to existing AWs, and thereby generate the Rune Shards that you need the most
  2. You'll get random Rune Shards directly from the Tournaments
  3. Knowledge Point contributions will run your score up SOONER than will excessive manufacturing, so developing them as you go will make a lot more sense
  4. Folks will be far more willing to wait for Coins/Supplies/Goods/Trades when their Tech Tree is stuck, so the Warehouse guy will be neglected
  5. The low level AWs will attract more low level Tournament participants, and while they don't contribute AS many neighborhood points in each tournament, there's no limit on how many Tournaments you can chase. The obvious strategy will be to do MOST of the round one Tournaments, and then focus on those that have additional participants, for mutual benefit.
at that level it's too hard to win fights.
My various cities are by no means seeing the same defenders in the relic Tournaments. It appears that a Tournament's difficultly level is determined by your OWN Squad Size technology, so the first round starts off with a modest number of squads, and the opposing troops will have 10% fewer units in each of their squads. That pattern holds throughout the rounds, although the margins get thinner and thinner, as they should.

The Advance Scouting chests have an interesting effect. The troop and squad size technologies are still stacked near the end of each chapter, so you pretty much need to do all of your research and THEN focus on acquiring the sectors that you'll need to unlock the next chapter. In effect, new players are seeing "end of chapter" challenges that are the equivalent of the "end of Tech Tree" challenges that maxed out players have been seeing all along, while they were waiting for new content to be released.

It's also relevant that the new chapters are being released piecemeal, and that content is still being added in the earlier chapters, which should help with retention, and thereby provide more neighbors for our tournaments.

I can think of a dozen different ways to tune the Tournaments, Fighting, Catering, Ancient Wonders, Magic Academy, Immigration policies, now that the tools are mostly in place.

I'm just very very grateful that the game has gotten past the manufacturing squirrel cage as the primary means for getting a high score.