• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I've been moved... help!

Barnsley

I just logged on to find a message that I've been moved to a "better place" on the world map... only it isn't! I went from a region with 1 vacant space to one with 29 in my immediate (accessible) vicinity. In my old area, I had 2 alliance members nearby and I'd just got to the stage where I had a few neighbours who visited to give help, as I did them. How do I get back to where I came from?

Vergazi

I just logged on to find a message that I've been moved to a "better place" on the world map... only it isn't! I went from a region with 1 vacant space to one with 29 in my immediate (accessible) vicinity. In my old area, I had 2 alliance members nearby and I'd just got to the stage where I had a few neighbours who visited to give help, as I did them. How do I get back to where I came from?
there's a checkbox somewhere in the settings to turn off auto-relocate or w/e it's called.

DeletedUser21277

I sent a ticket to the support staff once and they got back super fast. Sorry this happened. Have they gotten back to you?

Barnsley

Yes, I did contact them and they replied but did nothing (apart from saying that they'd pass on the information so that the developers could "tweak" their settings).

I thought I'd wait for a while to see if it got better... which it did, but only marginally. There are still a lot of blank spaces in my immediate vicinity... which restricts how many players you can develop an active helping relationship with.

More importantly, however, only half of the space surrounding my city connects with other players. Half of the circumference of my visited territory, is empty of any players... for a long, long, long distance.

This restricts how you can develop your game because "easy" or "medium" provinces are distributed around your visited territory. As I complete new territories, only half will lead to new neighbours. If I focus just on the territories that connect with neighbours, it means that I have to do many more "hard" provinces.. so it costs me more.

Eventually, I would only have "easy" and "medium" the provinces on the side of my visited region that connects with no other players... and all the regions that I need to complete to increase my neighbourhood help would be difficult and more costly. It's totally unfair!

Barnsley

p.s. This issue about vacant space around my region also restricts access to the full range of provinces that are available to me. I might need to do encounters in Scrolls or Steel provinces (for producing enchantments) but the only ones available to me are on the "empty" side of my visited region. I will either have to do more provinces that lead to no neighbours (on the empty side)... or complete more intervening regions (on the neighbours side) to get to the provinces that I really need to complete. How is that fair?

DeletedUser19458

They moved me last week, same scenario. Went from almost no coin neighbours to over 60 of them. A few have since filled in but only marginally better than a week ago. Didn't bother contacting support - I don't think there's anything they will do about it.

StarLoad

p.s. This issue about vacant space around my region also restricts access to the full range of provinces that are available to me. I might need to do encounters in Scrolls or Steel provinces (for producing enchantments) but the only ones available to me are on the "empty" side of my visited region. I will either have to do more provinces that lead to no neighbours (on the empty side)... or complete more intervening regions (on the neighbours side) to get to the provinces that I really need to complete. How is that fair?
I am trying to understand how completing a province that is a mine or a player makes any difference. the only effective difference is you cant get a chest from a gold mine. but now you do get the same coin value. Can you explain it better?

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am trying to understand how completing a province that is a mine or a player makes any difference. the only effective difference is you cant get a chest from a gold mine. but now you do get the same coin value. Can you explain it better?

He got moved to a new location with crap in one direction and players in the other direction. So he has the choice of doing easier provinces in the direction with no new neighbors to discover and trade with or doing harder provinces in the other direction where other players are waiting to be discovered. Because of the move, he needs new neighbors more than he needs easy provinces.

StarLoad

He got moved to a new location with crap in one direction and players in the other direction. So he has the choice of doing easier provinces in the direction with no new neighbors to discover and trade with or doing harder provinces in the other direction where other players are waiting to be discovered. Because of the move, he needs new neighbors more than he needs easy provinces.
Evenhar, I get that, but clearing a province does not have any difference if a city is there or not. Yes after effects are clear but there is no reason not to clear them just because there are no cities upon them.

DeletedUser22644

I can relate, I started on the edge of the map there is 1 city to my left and then nothing but gold mines after that. It was a depressing situation until they increased the value of clicking the mine. I clear the hexagon around my city without regard to the lack of a city on it. I see the point of neighbors but in an FS neighbors are not as important

Allanonn

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Evenhar, I get that, but clearing a province does not have any difference if a city is there or not. Yes after effects are clear but there is no reason not to clear them just because there are no cities upon them.

Because active neighbors are always better than no neighbors? It sounds like he would rather scout a couple of rings further on the populated side to get the relics he needs, than do it on the empty side. I think the server he is on is also part of the problem, as the newer servers are also less populated and less likely to get new neighbors in those empty spaces.

DeletedUser14960

i got moved earlier in the year and was stuck in a mine field for 3 months had no one to trade with apart from my FS group and they was all pretty new so only small trades and i struggled for all 3 months until i finaly got moved again .

I counted 29 empty lots around me and have a screen shot to prove it just wish i knew how to post pics in here and i would put it up to show how bad it can get stick with it and eventualy you will get moved again .

once moved to a better spot i instantly unchecked the move tab in settings .and have been good ever since .

if it was not for my arch mage helping me out with trades as often as she could i would have been crippled for ages .

thanks to her i have since grown and like to help others where and when i can.

every now and then we get thrown a curve ball and all you can do is hope to make the best of a bad situation .

all the best and hope you get your situation sorted as soon as poss

keith

Barnsley

This is a very late reply...
And thanks to all of you for your thoughtful responses..
I'm still where I got shifted (or shafted) to... and it still has its problems but its not the centre of my experience when I'm online.
It's like I'm in the top lefthand corner of a map... well, someone has to be there, right?
Thinking about it like that, it doesn't bother me so much.
Yes, it wasn't a "fair" move or even, as it was presented to me, "for my benefit"... but this isn't the first game I've played where developers make changes that they regard as useful/necessary and then try to paint it in rosy colours for those of us subject to it.
But Elvenar is nowhere near as bad as other game spaces I've inhabited, so I'm just focussing on what I want to do here rather than feeling aggrieved by something that went a bit haywire..
Thanks again, B

Socrates28

If their system works the way they claim it does, in the next day or two those empty spots should have other active players moved into them.
I was moved a couple of months ago to the bottom left of the play space. I have nothing to my south or my west except gold mines. I am an active player and trader and trying to develop relationships with my neighbors, and am somewhat succeeding. The empty slots to my east and north have only increased and it is still a desert to my south and west. That algorithm stinks IMHO!
BTW Support did nothing!:mad::p

DeletedUser20951

I continue to pray for a move, mainly because I'd rather roll the dice for even a small chance at improvement in a situation I find intolerable, but I wouldn't have to if they would stop moving inactives into my area. This has been happening regularly and it's utterly ridiculous. A whole two of these numerous relocated cities showed slight twitches in activity, which already dropped to one about a month ago. Don't know what all the devs are playing at, tinkering with, regarding the automated moving system, but it hasn't been structured yet in a way to actually help remedy this significant problem. I call, again, for one of the very first suggestions ever made about the issue, which is to move inactives outward and actives inward. Simple! Effective! The majority of players wanting to be moved would no doubt see a beneficial relocation in a matter of weeks.