• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Malchiah

I am unclear about what it is we are supposed to be gaining in the end. Ranking for the fellowship? That means nothing to me. I am really hoping this does not become a MUST DO thing. I won't pressure my Fellowship to participate and will probably ignore it like I do the tournaments. Not looking forward to another distraction in which we can build a bunch of slums to accomplish the production requirements only to mess up our cities.
Like the tournaments, the Fellowship Adventures will certainly put some pressure on more casual guilds who might lose some members who wish to be more active. There are benefits to participation though, so unless you prefer this game to go at a snails pace, I'm not sure what your resistance to these are. If anything, both this and the tournaments provide a useful way to advance cities more quickly during those times when there's nothing else to do. Otherwise, the game is nothing but waiting for things to finish. I love the tournaments and find my extra 75-100 KP per week quite useful.

DeletedUser7370

I am unclear about what it is we are supposed to be gaining in the end. Ranking for the fellowship? That means nothing to me. I am really hoping this does not become a MUST DO thing. I won't pressure my Fellowship to participate and will probably ignore it like I do the tournaments. Not looking forward to another distraction in which we can build a bunch of slums to accomplish the production requirements only to mess up our cities.
You and your fellowship are losing out significantly by not making an effort for the tournament. For an effort by 20 members of a fellowship each of about 5 minutes per day and 5 squads per week, each partcipating member can gain 30 knowledge points, a bunch of relics and spells, and 5 runes. Greater efforts can increase both personal and fellowship wide rewards. It is not a must do thing, but anyone can see the benefits easily out weigh the costs up to a certain point. Encourage your fellowship to take advantage of that region where there is a clear gain.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you ignore rank and just go for the prizes it's super easy.
Each FS member needs an average of 16 badges. If you have 10 workshops you will make 30 badges by accident in the 6 days you have just by running them. Seems like a no brainer.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Reminder: If you are trying to point your members to the original announcement with details, I created a short link:

bit.do/elvenarfa

Also, for those who have missed it and asked repeatedly, it is supposed to go live on Monday September 4th.

The Unbeliever

Dang... Sucks about not being able to 'save up' badges between FA's anymore. :(

With a properly organised Fellowship, that might have been a decent way for active, non-diamond FS's to actually have a chance to make it into the top 3.
(ie: spend the first 3-4 adventures just playing at your 'normal' strategy, build up a huge stockpile of extra badges, and then spend them at lightning pace to crush the adventure within hours the month you aim for a top ranking.)

DeletedUser3613

Dang... Sucks about not being able to 'save up' badges between FA's anymore. :(

With a properly organised Fellowship, that might have been a decent way for active, non-diamond FS's to actually have a chance to make it into the top 3.
(ie: spend the first 3-4 adventures just playing at your 'normal' strategy, build up a huge stockpile of extra badges, and then spend them at lightning pace to crush the adventure within hours the month you aim for a top ranking.)
You forget that it's not only the non-diamond FS's that would be able to stockpile badges, etc. Everyone would, and the top FS's would just stockpile more.
Removing the "carry over" is a good decision.

SoggyShorts

You forget that it's not only the non-diamond FS's that would be able to stockpile badges, etc. Everyone would, and the top FS's would just stockpile more.
What would actually have been useful about saving badges is so that a FS member can contribute even when the timing is bad.
For example this time the FA comes right after I finished Chapter 10, so I have a dozen expansions for buttloads of level 1 buildings.
But next time (a month from now?) My city will be 100% full of guest race buildings, and my contributions are likely to suck.

DeletedUser7370

Dang... Sucks about not being able to 'save up' badges between FA's anymore.
Removal of the saving of badges was the best choice they made. Consider this scenario the FS that has gotten to rank 1 and has a bit of lead over #2 can stop throwing badges into the pit. They save up hundreds of badges for the next time. Then on day one of the next adventure they are already at the end and can start saving up thousands to assure they always take first place. It was the one thing I could tell was completely bad without even playing it.

DeletedUser7686

Here is what I wrote my Fellowship regarding Adventures:

"I have done some preliminary analysis of the Fellowship Adventures, and here are my Findings.

There are 6 Production Badges: 50 x 5 minutes, 35 x 15 minutes, 20 x 1 hour, 10 x 3 hours, 5 x 9 hours, and 5 x 1 day.

There are 4 Manufacturing Badges, each requiring 1 run each of Marble, Steel, and Planks: 3 hours, 9 hours, 1 day, and 2 days.

Of these badges, it seems to me that 3 hour and 9 hour badges are the most convenient, but I do not know who are on 1 day cycles. More active players could do the hour or less Badges, less active players could do more 1 day badges, I assume.

There are three Paths, each with 3 Stages: Orange, Blue, and Green.

Orange requires PAYing over 4 million Goods, AND requires more Manufacturing Badges. I think we can pretty much eliminate this path.

Blue and Green do NOT require any PAY Quests, and no Manufacturing until the last Stage. They seem pretty similar, except Green wants more Hour and Day Badges. Therefore, unless the Green Prize is a LOT better, we would aim at the Blue Path.

So do we do JUST Production Badges, and so only the first two Stages of Blue or Green, or can we come up with 75 Manufacturing Badges to finish the last Stage?

Unless, of course, we decide:

"Badges? Badges! We don't need no stinking Badges!"

It may be that the Blue Path is not very disruptive to our normal production, and that we have enough players to do the Manufacturing and Hour or Less Badges to complete it. But the Orange Path is clearly out of the question."

SoggyShorts

Blue and Green do NOT require any PAY Quests, and no Manufacturing until the last Stage. They seem pretty similar, except Green wants more Hour and Day Badges. Therefore, unless the Green Prize is a LOT better, we would aim at the Blue Path.
It doesn't matter which path you take as far as prizes go, they all lead to the same prize.

As far as who should do what, hopefully you have a couple FS members between guest races that can load up on level 1 buildings.
The third stage needs 15x1day, 30x9h, 45x3h of marble/plank/steel. So if you have 1 player that can make 15 of each T1 building they can pre-cook the 1 days, and finish the rest in 21h. That's 90 of the 391 badges you need for the event. If that same player then tears it all down for level 1 workshops they can easily do another huge chunk of badges over the next 5 days.

The Beverages are obviously the most tedious, so having someone who can make a dwarf badge in 10 minutes using 25 workshops will have a much better time than someone with only 10 WS.

Have each member play to their strengths and you'll be fine:)

SoggyShorts

Are you confirming that the second run on beta was the same as the first and we can expect the requirements to be consistent every time?
The first and second runs on Beta were identical, (partly because the second run was just to test bug fixes) but
every Adventure will get a new setup with different requirements and rewards :)
It is possible that there will be some change from Beta to live(just to mess with my plans) but I doubt it.

That being said, inno pretty much never gives feedback on our feedback-- they either change things or not-- no warning. One request I made very early was to move some badge requirements from stage 3 to stage 1 in order to give more FS members spots to put badges in the route the FS chooses, but no word on that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10998

I have to say that some of Innogames additions are half-baked ideas at best. Why, in a game where every square of real estate is a precious commodity, would they create an add-on where we need to build non-boosted factories? The whole rational behind building only boosted factories is so that your fellowship mates can help you and promote trading.

This new idea of having a bunch of low grade, non-boosted factories seems moronic, at best. And I, for one, am going to look for a work-around. The benefits better be better than some of the crap they've been handing out lately.

Just one Jedi-gnome's rambling.

juniperknome

i am kind of wondering lets say 1 member has planks and one has steel and 1 marble will they all get credit for manufacturing even if some may not have unboosted manufacturing. most of my alliance has all unboosted factories removed

Status
Not open for further replies.