• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Malchiah

What takes 52 hours? None of my spells take that long, though they do take a while to make. Chances are the best way to gain the spells will be while doing the tournament, but that means making sure you cycle to the right badge quest before doing a round that rewards one. Also, you can gain spells while doing visits, but since it's random, that could be harder to do.

Risen Malchiah

The level 2 Magic Academy can be obtained without diamonds, so even free players should be able to make those spells in a lot less time. It's still probably better to make these badges using the tournaments though that adds an annoying click cycle while doing tournament rounds and forces you to stop and use the trader or wholesaler to obtain the goods needed for the rest of those spell badges.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The level 2 Magic Academy can be obtained without diamonds, so even free players should be able to make those spells in a lot less time. It's still probably better to make these badges using the tournaments though that adds an annoying click cycle while doing tournament rounds and forces you to stop and use the trader or wholesaler to obtain the goods needed for the rest of those spell badges.
Not a lot less. Level 2 is still 39 hours for those three.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What takes 52 hours?
The MM spell takes 26 hours in a level 2 MA.
If your FS takes the easiest routes possible you need 47 of them.
That's pretty much 2 per player
2*26=52 hours of MA time.

The "easiest" way for everyone to do their part for spells:
  • queue up 2 MM spells before event starts.
  • cut the road to your MA a few minutes before the second MM finishes
  • Once the FA starts, decline quests until you get to the MM quest
  • Reconnect your MA to a road, and collect the spell.
  • Grab a trade,
  • Get the badge
  • Cycle the quests, and get the second spell.

For the PoP spells, get them from provinces 1 and 4 in round 1 of the tournament
For the EE spells get them from provinces 2, and 5 the next day.

As a bonus, tell everyone to have 2 spell quests open while doing visits in case they find one in a chest. On day 1 if you time your visits, you can get 3 chests twice(if you didn't grab any yesterday)
with 25 players getting 6 chests, there's a pretty good chance at getting a few spells.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3602

Alright, thanks. Is your FS doing all the paths or just the easy ones?

Risen Malchiah

@SoggyShorts That breakdown is helpful but it makes it crystal clear that these new badges add a whole new level of unneccessary complexity to the FA that I find ridiculous. Are there paths that do NOT require these new badges? Because it seems easier to plan for 1 or 2 day items than it is to plan for spells. This whole thing makes me inclined not to participate at all and my only hope is my fellowship agrees with me on that.

DeletedUser3602

Hahaha. I'm not a fan either, another layer of planning and quest cycling, but we'll see how it goes.

juniperknome

I said 1 set of potions take 52 hours that is 26 plus 13 plus 13 nobody in my alliance has both silk and dust boosted so most of the spells will need trades 47 spell is probably past what we can do so the fellowship adventure will not get done

DeletedUser1108

The obvious fix here would be for Inno to create a way to allow one to collect spells individually instead of all at once. The way it works now is antithetical to the new requirements in the Adventure!

DeletedUser5800

cut the road to your MA a few minutes before the second MM finishes
This might be the most egregious oversight ever in their sloppy programming. Something that should have been fixed 1yr+ ago becoming centric to a later development. How freaking hard can it possibly be to program the academy so spells are collectable one at a time. This should have been fixed a week after the first event with multiple P.o.P. quest. It seriously would be like editing one line of code to make clicking the bouncing spell just collect one and start bouncing the next icon if more than one is finished. Even if they can't figure out how to let you open it to set new spells without collecting anything (which they should be able to do) adding the code to collect 1 rather than all should be within the skill set of a 5th grader these days.

EDIT: Of course they can't make it work on the app at all which should have been a deal breaker on the release so who knows what the deal is... The guy that programmed the Academy quit and no one else can figure out what he did? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3602

Not being able to pick up 1 Spell to finish a FA-quest when you have 2 pre-cooked is really a very very big oversight when the designers came up with the 3 new badges. I hope someone in Beta said something about that...

DeletedUser3468

So far the consensus in all of my Fellowships is to give this a pass. Some of us are actually hoping that if enough Fellowships say "NO!" it might convince Inno that they really do need to address the issues and rather than making the Fellowship Adventures more difficult and time consuming, they should actually make it more playable, less tedious, and come up with some rewards that are equal to the amount of work that players put into the FA. The joking suggestion on one group was "Let's see... well, for starts they can give everyone an extra free expansion so we have room to build some of the buildings we need to do all the badges. Then they should award us one hundred diamonds for finishing the first path, two hundred for finishing the second and three hundred for finishing the third." Then everyone burst out laughing at the idea that Inno would actually do something like that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.