• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3187

Someone explain to me what I am missing. To complete the Orange path will take 134 Wand/Potion/Hat productions. Each of those takes a spell that takes 26 hours to complete. Even if ALL 25 of my members start building we cannot make 134 spells in 5 days. What am i missing?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
What am i missing?
You can pick up some spells in neighborly chests and in the tournaments, though that's a logistical nightmare: Make sure you have the quest up that calls for the spell in the tournaments. As soon as you collect that spell, then go get the goods (trade with another member for the 100 needed), complete and collect that badge. Make sure you bring up the quest for the next spell you'll collect and return to the tournament. Repeat as needed. For the treasure chests, you'll just have to guess which one you won't get and bring up the quests for the other 2 before doing visits. As soon as you get a spell, go get the goods that go with them, make sure you have 2 quests up for spells again, return to visits. Repeat as needed. With all 25 of you doing this daily, you might at least be able to complete one path and capture the flag and prizes. It will be a challenge to complete one path per round in all three rounds.
Elvenar Gems of Knowledge has all the badges needed for all paths on all three rounds arranged in a table. Have a look and decide which path to take. That page is at:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/fellowship-adventures-3

DeletedUser14161

I guess it only runs on the browser version, and not the IOS. This will knock me out!

DeletedUser4833

Yeah, this just got a whole lot less fun - I don't think my fellowships are going to play this time around.

DeletedUser6189

I SWEAR it was seven days on Beta ... why in the world is it suddenly only SIX days on mains?

cdrfarms

Just to echo some of the feedback and discussions here and to put in our 2cents so that (hopefully) Inno hears us all...

Our entire FS is feeling that the Fellowship Adventures, as they are, are NOT anywhere near worth the time and effort it takes to finish. :-(

We're ranked #13 or #14 in Elcy and we've completed both of the other 2 FA's to give the idea a good try, but it was rough. We've decided not to put any effort into this one (we're not even playing casually) since the Rewards/Prizes are not worth slugging through the exhaustingly poor UI/tools they've given us to work with, the lack of in-game tracking and communication tools, and the low-value rewards.

The consensus is that the UI would have to be easier (create a user-friendly quest organizer, in-game event specific communication tools, and a tool for group badge inventory/planning/tracking, etc.) and it would probably take prizes like Expansions or Diamonds at this point to get us involved. It's a good idea, but it just seems they spent too little effort in the workings of such a large event, throwing us scraps to get engagement ($$$). Bummer Inno.

Here's hoping they hear us and decide to work to make this event actually FUN and REWARDING.

DeletedUser4139

From the release notes:
"Last but not least, we deleted the confirmation window when declining the cycling quests of the Fellowship Adventures."
great (said with sarcasm). This brings only the recycling down to 20 instead of 30 for every production.
Our fellowship won't participate!

An TEMPORARY easy fix would already be not to jump to the next quest when completing a quest!
With 10 factories of each tier 1 good, it takes me 200 clicks to collect :(

DeletedUser5800

I guess it only runs on the browser version, and not the IOS
That's the best news about it since they never got the Magic Academy functional on the app. Had they ran the FA there it would have been a little to far over the free line with no way to get spell badges other than pay for them.

DeletedUser3468

Where are these 6 days you speak of? I was on the game until after midnight last night with nothing showing up as being part of the FA. I log in less than 12 hours later and I show 5 days to do the entire Fellowship Adventure. What SIX days???

Edit: Oh wait! I forgot! This is Inno time. Five days showing actually means Six days of play. Still way too short to do all the badges without spending the entire time online playing a game.

This whole thing has put me into a very uncomfortable position with two of my Fellowships including one where I'm one of three mages helping the AM run the group. I was the lead there for the last FA. We did a great job for a small, no diamonds Fellowship and just missed finishing in the top 50 for Sinya Arda because of a miscommunication with one of the members who collected the flag too soon at the very end. This time I have stated repeatedly that this is a bad idea, too much work for too little return this time around. I'm either going to have to be the bad mage who says "No!" or get involved doing something I think is a really bad idea!

Edit (again) The truly sad thing is that the Fellowship Adventures if done properly would be a lot of fun! It could be a great team building exercise for Fellowships. What do I mean by "properly"? The user interface needs to be a lot less clunky to use. Unnecessary clicks need to be minimized. I'm not saying that they need to make it a piece of cake to do... that would be no challenge at all. The current type of badges (minus the ones using the Magic Spells) are fine. The numbers required for the last 2 FAs was also fine, or would have been if they had been less tedious to collect. The prizes, however, need to be much better. Giving us a lame building as a reward for so much work and effort is a slap in the face. Make the reward fit the work! Honestly, those 3 things (easier to work with interface, a return to previous types and amounts of badges needed, and better rewards) are all that's needed to make the Fellowship Adventure a fun challenge rather than a deadly, Fellowship destroying slog!

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The truly sad thing is that the Fellowship Adventures if done properly would be a lot of fun!
I'm in sort of the same boat you are, having taken the lead in tracking/coordinating the last 2 FA's for us. They definitely helped with building rapport and team play with our members. This one, not so much. Thankfully, I've had a mini-crisis at work and won't have the time to do the tracking this time, but knew far enough in advance to let everyone know. Our AM and other mages have full-time demanding jobs, so we asked for input re: interest (a little) and a coordinator (*crickets*). So, we're doing it 'casually' following green-green-orange(or whatever path the first person to put in a badge picks, lol!) for the 3 rounds (if we make it that far). I've placed 2 lvl 1 tier 1 sets and 5 extra lvl 1 WS and I'm making badges as I can. So far today, me and one other person have even talked about it; we've managed to open the start flag and put in 1 badge for the first waypoint so far. I'm interested in seeing what happens this evening when all our members who can't play during the day come on.

DeletedUser7830

Not a fan of the new challenges. Its time consuming and some of us have life away from Elvenar. The only way to complete this is to have the entire fellowship running badges nonstop. This game is becoming way too money oriented and it has drained all the fun. That's what this is supposed to be right? Fun? Entertaining? Keep in mind you will lose more money as mid level players leave.

qaccy

My FS will not be participating in the Adventure this time around. Talk about jumping through hoops...if a 0 was added to the end of each of those KP instant rewards, I think that would more closely match the effort required for players without credit cards to get through it.

11/24/35 KP are not sufficient rewards for an individual member. 110/240/350, on the other hand, might actually be a bit too much (that's a total of 17.5k KP for an entire 25-player FS) but it would certainly get more people participating and not feeling like crap about it if the rewards were much better.

DeletedUser7611

T1 buildings they need to change this aspect, why not each players boosted goods T1 T2 T3 for the 3H 9H 24H 48h badges instead, one of each? Building lots or workshops is also annoying and ADDING hundreds of clicks a day is punishing

SunsetDanar

Haven't seen this issue addressed yet. Grandma and I started an FS a few weeks ago so that the grand kids could play. Naturally our neighbors are mostly app players and a few have come aboard with some occasionally playing on PC or laptop just to be a bit more effective. This morning the FA starts and the chat box (The only communication source for most of them) explodes with questions. Only a few of us are even into tier two at this point so obtaining the required badges are impossible for our little FS. Either don't offer FA play to those fellowships that are unable to play it or adjust badge acquisition requirements to the level of the FS so that everyone can play.

DeletedUser5838

Someone explain to me what I am missing. To complete the Orange path will take 134 Wand/Potion/Hat productions. Each of those takes a spell that takes 26 hours to complete. Even if ALL 25 of my members start building we cannot make 134 spells in 5 days. What am i missing?
As Samidodamage has stated it is possible logistically to jump through all of these hoops and get the job done. And what is your wonderful reward for doing so, you ask? You get a Traveling Merchant. It's like a rigged Carnival game...Everyone wins a prize! Whoop-de-do!!!

DeletedUser5838

Has anyone ever suggested that FA utilize all four quest giver slots and set each slot to be 1x 2x 3x and 4x the turn-ins? Saves a ton of cycling through quests when you can just turn in 4 batches at once. Not sure why this never happened. Even utilizing just two quest giver slots and doing 1x and 2x would cut down on cycling.
Why not just a drop-down menu so you can pick the badge you want to work on?

Status
Not open for further replies.