• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3468

How are players with 5-7 accounts loving the quest cycling? Super fun? Kinda maybe wish that aspect of the game had been changed?
Maybe after this is over @Mykan can repost his "improved quests" suggestion and get more support this time.

I have 6 cities (one account, thank you!) and HATE IT! LOATHE IT! DETEST IT! And my poor right shoulder with it's rotator cuff hanging by a thread is hurting like... like something I can't really say here! :eek::p
That is the one major thing that needs to be improved. It is painfully time consuming! (In my case, literally!) ;)

edit: my hubby just asked me to add that it's not just me that it's painful for... anyone who has a problem with repetitive stress or have arthritic shoulder, wrist joints are going to find the constant cycling to get to the needed quest to be literally painful. This is supposed to be fun, not hurt us! Yes, we could just not play but it's what a lot of us do for fun. Does Inno really want all of us to go away and stop playing their games?

Last edited by a moderator:

juniperknome

has anyone done the red path. that is just silliness as far as my fellowship is concerned maybe they should change the point system blue path less hard less points, green path harder more points, red path hardest most points

DeletedUser7738

If you complete all 3 paths on level 1 or 2 or 3, then open the final chest on each level, are the rewards better?

DeletedUser9759

I've collected about 120 badges so far, and I expect it'll be well over 300 by the time I'm done on both servers. Ew

Why? Is your FS not helping?
And just to be clear, it's not the 150 mouse clicks it takes to get a dwarven brewers badge that's the problem, it's the 16 mouse clicks it takes to cycle through to that quest again.:confused:

cdrfarms

Not that is hasn't been said already - a plethora of times - But this is ridiculous!

Without tracking or communication tools in-game, this is just a joke for a regular Fellowship (one that's not ultra-competitive or buying everything with diamonds.)

Ahhh... maybe this is a joke... Inno is actually doing a cruel experiment on us to see if we'll turn on each other, or scratch our own eyes out from the pure frustration they've caused by letting us *think* we're getting something cool and fun, but not giving us any tools to do it with... now I get it.

DeletedUser6629

Yeah...sorry if someone has already suggested this, I don't really have time to read through all the comments. Anyways, this declining 9 quest over and over again is getting annoying. You guys made the "maximum" button to make things easier for players, why not do the same for the re-occurring quests? Just make a drop box icon somewhere and allow players to select which quest to do? Or better yet, make the quest icons smaller and have all 10 quest show up at the same time and make the quest area into a collapsible tab? This makes it possible for future new quest lines too.

edit: who's the beta team anyways, why isn't this even a feature already?

Last edited by a moderator:

satchmo33

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear your feedback regarding our new upcoming feature: Fellowship Adventures! Please post below and let us know what you think.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

So, OK, my question is - why are there so many 'badges' that have nothing to do with the game? Before I figured it out I wasted my time getting a couple of "farmers" and "bracelets", which are no good whatsoever. Also, what to do if you're in a FS that isn't cohesive and is being a quasi-player here? Do I just keep slogging along almost by myself because I welcome the activity? I won't be able to get to the nicer prizes by myself and I already have one Orc's Nest too many (I have one...ha!)

DeletedUser6629

So, OK, my question is - why are there so many 'badges' that have nothing to do with the game? Before I figured it out I wasted my time getting a couple of "farmers" and "bracelets", which are no good whatsoever. Also, what to do if you're in a FS that isn't cohesive and is being a quasi-player here? Do I just keep slogging along almost by myself because I welcome the activity? I won't be able to get to the nicer prizes by myself and I already have one Orc's Nest too many (I have one...ha!)
I think they are used for the 2nd or 3rd stage.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
First, it assumes that every Fellowship is one big happy sports team all communicating, sharing and working towards the same goal. How many fellowships are like that in reality? I don't know of any, frankly. Everyone in a fellowship is likely to have different play styles, time requirements, etc.
I would guess that well over 100 FS are like that based on the FA rankings. I would have thought that with FS tournaments having been around for so long that more fellowships would be full of players that all have the same level of participation (or close to it)
I like a relaxed playing style in a fellowship that does not make a lot of demands on me. And I hate to break it to the designers, but not everybody is a team player or likes team sports.
This is where personal tastes will differ. I for one enjoy the team aspects of Elvenar far more than the solo parts. My guess is that the developers were thinking that adding another team feature to the game doesn't actually take anything away from solo players, while giving team players more to do. It's hard to explain to devs that a solo-minded player is mad about the team features especially when the prizes are not game-breaking.
For example: one map site requires 10 golden bracelets. Well, to make 1 golden bracelet takes 9 hours. So making 10 will take 90 hours total.
That assumes one FS member with 1 of each T1 building. Not everyone in a FS will have room to build an extra 10-30 buildings for the event, but a few in each FS should have that kind of room.
I think it would require the efforts of a full Fellowship, 20 or 25 players, all working constantly to fulfill all the demands of the third path.
We did it with 9 on Beta in 4 days.
While I agree that the event is hard for casual fellowships, how could they make it easier for them without making it too easy for active ones? (not a rhetorical question, I'd love to hear a good suggestion, and I'm sure the devs would too)
Why? Is your FS not helping?
And just to be clear, it's not the 150 mouse clicks it takes to get a dwarven brewers badge that's the problem, it's the 16 mouse clicks it takes to cycle through to that quest again.:confused:
Those numbers are for 2 cities.
I took it on myself to do all the non-boosted crap since I had room for 15 of each, so it's my own fault. I didn't know how many FS members were going to participate, and to what extent. Turns out we have loads, so now I'm pre-cooking for the pit.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4338

The key to success with the FA is to have many active FS members communicating and it really helps if they are at various stages of the game. You for example probably normally run 9h,9h,3h on your workshops when there is no event. You should be able to keep doing that, making 18 badges total throughout the FA with exactly zero effort. (Everyone needs 16 badges on average) To make that work though you need 3-4 active players that are between chapters and can make 15 extra buildings(not a small ask, I know)-- they are in charge of making beverages since they can make a badge in 10 minutes. I don't know how any FS can be successful without a 3rd party program like google sheets though which shows that there is a major flaw on innos part.

OMG yes please. I've put myself on the T1 quests, making 15 of each factory, and cycling through to make 15-60 badges a day is awful.

Hehehe just enough time to lose some FS members and have everyone forget how to do it. With some very badly needed improvements(link) it could be once a month without so much pain.

This is indeed probably the hardest kind of FS to have and succeed in the FA. Not having similar levels of activity and participation would make organization a nightmare even with google sheets.
If players are able to whip up a spreadsheet that vastly improves the experience in a few minutes, then inno should be able to incorporate one between Beta and Live launches:rolleyes: but seeing as they haven't done that for simple things like boosts or visits in the 1.5 years I've been playing, I'm almost starting to lose hope they ever will.

I wish the devs played in a FS with 5 retirees that have never used a computer for anything other than Elvenar and email, 6 players from other time-zones, 4 players that have English as a second language, 2 that are having internet issues, and 3 that are on vacation.

I have a different perception of FA. First let me say that FA has allowed me to work at an equal level with members whose score goes up from 2X to 12x mine. I am blessed with an Archmage and Mage that organizes and implements structure for me and all I have to do is point and click. What could be easier. I don't have keep going back and checking what badge I inserted. I love it. My natural instinct to win and complete goals is satisfied. I also like the fact that we are in different time zones and countries. Someone is always available to answer my question.

One feature that I don't like is only being able to build one of each badge at a time. I also find it hard to participate in the tournament at the same time.

I enjoy elvenar and I choose to play :)

satchmo33

Perhaps if you are significantly more active than the rest of your FS you may want to consider finding a FS that more closer matches you participation level.
Yeah, that's obvious - although the folks who DO communicate in my current FS are really nice and positive. I'm torn.

Also - how do you guys know about second and third levels? Is it through the beta testing? Any way for a newbie to tap into that info?

BTW, your graphic/avatar is spot on. Makes me smile.

DeletedUser2824

Yeah, that's obvious - although the folks who DO communicate in my current FS are really nice and positive. I'm torn.

As someone who used to play in four worlds and has seen several different types of fellowships, the best advice I can give you is for you to figure out what you really want out of a fellowship, and go from there.

In one fellowship I was in, the people were nice enough, but the general atmosphere of the fellowship didn't give me the comfortable and easy feeling of belonging that I got from my other fellowship. I think a lot of that had to do with the archmage. I would try and help out by bringing info on events that I would find on the forums, and although she would thank me, she would then spend a lot of time thereafter complaining about how stupid the event was. As an archmage myself, let me tell you, it's very important to stay positive in front of your fellowship. They feed off of your attitude.

In another, there was no pressure for visits. I figured that would be great because I couldn't really do visits too often since being archmage in two other worlds was pretty demanding. I found out that it didn't suit my style at all. Although a casual player, I like some structure in my fellowship and if there isn't enough to encourage activity, even if it's limited by crap going on in real life, it feels like the fellowship is drifting on dead waters.

So if you find you want a little more out of a fellowship, don't be afraid to find one that suits your style better. Don't let a mistaken feeling of loyalty keep you from finding a better fit. Most wise Archmages, although sad to see people go, in the end they just want you to find a place that will suit your style and make you happy.

DeletedUser7738

so let me get this straight, if all you want are the rewards in the chest, don't care about ranking, all you have to do is contribute one badge or good (if applicable) & let your FS do the rest?

DeletedUser11168

I apologize if this has been asked already (and I'm sure it has), but is it necessary to complete all three paths to unlock the 3 stages+unlocking all three chests? There has been some confusion in my fellowship about this and I'd like to clear it up so we aren't wasting resources unnecessarily.
So far from everything I've read it seems that only one path needs to be completed in each stage, and that completing the other two only helps in ranking, is this correct?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
so let me get this straight, if all you want are the rewards in the chest, don't care about ranking, all you have to do is contribute one badge or good (if applicable) & let your FS do the rest?
Yep, just like doing 1 province in a tournament.
Downside? Leeches.
Upside? If a normally great FS member is busy that week for w/e reason, they can still get a prize.
So far from everything I've read it seems that only one path needs to be completed in each stage, and that completing the other two only helps in ranking, is this correct?
Correct. The easiest fastest way to clear the event without regard for ranking is Green>Blue>Blue.

DeletedUser11168

Yep, just like doing 1 province in a tournament.
Downside? Leeches.
Upside? If a normally great FS member is busy that week for w/e reason, they can still get a prize.

Correct. The easiest fastest way to clear the event without regard for ranking is Green>Blue>Blue.

Great, thank you for the quick response!

Status
Not open for further replies.