• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2824

why can't Elvenar do what virtually every other game does which is to track everything automatically and unlock the badges the way achievements are unlocked in most games?

Even if we got the somewhat annoying "Awesome" pop-up, simply giving us a farmers badge for every 5 groceries collected would be an incredible improvement. Even better would be the way snowflakes around your city are collected now; just a little +1 floating up the screen.

Yes, and yes. I have a couple of pups with health issues, such as a torn shoulder among other things, and the endless clicking is downright painful. Heck, even my shoulder and wrist hurts after awhile doing too much on the computer, and the endless cycling to get back around to the right quest sucks, and sure doesn't help my already fried brain. X_x

NightshadeCS

Am I missing something that happens at higher levels? Do you need relics to upgrade AW's, or are some people just confusing relics with runes? I have had more relics than I could ever possibly use to make spells since dwarves, at least. My boosts have been maxed for-ev-er and just a modest participation in tournaments to the 5th or 6th chest is enough to keep me 200+ above max boost.

Arayla

Am I missing something that happens at higher levels? Do you need relics to upgrade AW's, or are some people just confusing relics with runes? I have had more relics than I could ever possibly use to make spells since dwarves, at least. My boosts have been maxed for-ev-er and just a modest participation in tournaments to the 5th or 6th chest is enough to keep me 200+ above max boost.
Yes, you need relics to upgrade AWs and also when you reach Elementals (not there yet and don't remember the specifics).

I feel like active players probably have enough relics saved to use a small amount in the FA without any repercussions. Players who don't regularly accumulate relics in the tourneys probably will feel a little pain though.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Am I missing something that happens at higher levels? Do you need relics to upgrade AW
You do need relics to upgrade wonders, but it's only around 10-20 total per level.

I think the only thing you might be missing is that players with a level 5 MA can cook 84 relics per week compared to your 26 per week.

To get that many relics requires around 1600 tournament points. (which is the ideal goal as it gets everyone 10 chests)

DeletedUser3507

Yes I cook way to many, with a lvl 5 Magic Academy So i have started doing a gold one every third spell

NightshadeCS

I think the only thing you might be missing is that players with a level 5 MA can cook 84 relics per week compared to your 26 per week.

To get that many relics requires around 1600 tournament points. (which is the ideal goal as it gets everyone 10 chests)

Yes, that is true. I actually thought of that right after I posted this and almost added a revision to that effect. Then I stopped caring. :p:p

NightshadeCS

This devil on my shoulder wanted me to say: "But, don't you only use non-boosted relics for spells, so, really, a person should still be able to contribute some excess boosted relics without feeling they are being ripped off?" Pesky little bugger. Don't know why I ever listen to that guy.

DeletedUser6129

The fellowship things are fun, but having a challenge that takes 2 days inside an event that only lasts 5 days is kinda stupid.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This devil on my shoulder wanted me to say: "But, don't you only use non-boosted relics for spells, so, really, a person should still be able to contribute some excess boosted relics without feeling they are being ripped off?" Pesky little bugger. Don't know why I ever listen to that guy.
Right, so this has various effects:
Often players at max boost will do less in those tournaments, instead focusing on ones that give them relics for their preferred spells. This can lead to fewer "excess" relics, and a greater challenge in tournaments since it is easier to get 84 relics every week than it is to get 168, 168, 0,0

Different FS have different approaches to the tournament: If you have the ideal mix of player boosts, then your FS can maintain steady rewards even if the players are getting inconsistent individual points. Or if you have a more advanced FS, then everyone might just aim for a certain amount of points every tournament regardless of boosts, and will generate more of those "excess" relics.

NightshadeCS

Right, so this has various effects:
Often players at max boost will do less in those tournaments, instead focusing on ones that give them relics for their preferred spells. This can lead to fewer "excess" relics, and a greater challenge in tournaments since it is easier to get 84 relics every week than it is to get 168, 168, 0,0

Soggy, say it ain't so! No one would ever shirk the rest of their fellowship and do less on a tourney in which they didn't need relics! :D:rolleyes:

DeletedUser13002

In our case we chose not to do so as the level of enthusiasm was so low that we actually, after having pulled the plug on the thing, heard a big sigh of relief.

Absolutely right. When my fellowships elected (overwhelmingly!) not to participate in another broken FA, there was a palpable sense of relief all the way around. It's been very liberating indeed to ignore those two extra quest tabs—especially when considering how much clicking is involved with each one....

And it shouldn't be that way, should it? I mean, if these things are having more success in bringing closer those fellowships that don't get involved in the activity, that kinda undermines the entire point of it being a "Fellowship" Adventure, yes?

Even if we got the somewhat annoying "Awesome" pop-up, simply giving us a farmers badge for every 5 groceries collected would be an incredible improvement.

Soggy, I'd be willing to shout "AWESOME!" out loud every single time the damn window popped up if it came along with that improvement...!

Risen Malchiah

I think it's been roughly a year since the tournaments changed from 8 encounters down to 4, and in that year I have played every single tournament as though it were my boost. Because of that, I have accumulated over 1000 of every relic, some approaching 2k. That has made this particular FA a breeze as there was no question who would pay for the relics. I easily plopped down about 800 of various relics without a single worry. I still have more than enough for AWs and spells.

That is why I encourage everyone to participate in every tournament, whether it's your boost or not. It helps you. It helps your fellowship. And it seems the developers are going to add more uses for them, so you'll be glad you've got some to spare.

DeletedUser5800

Alright here goes... We did it. After skipping the last I felt like we should because ONE person really wanted to then and now and I was tired of someone quitting every time so I decided to help this time as did about 4 others with maybe 6 or 7 that threw in a few badges here and there. I doubted we would make it given the lackluster participation and having literally no plan going in and only about 6 messages along the way. We ended up doing Blue for Stage 1, Orange for Stage 2 and Stage 3 went Blue to the switch, then Green to the switch and back to Blue to the end just to skip the 150 AW Badges. A fairly rounded and basic experience.

What I think about it: It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be BUT some Badge amounts are way over the top. The AW Donation Badge amounts are just outright undoable to the great majority and need reduced by like 75% (I found it completely insane and a must skip). The Elvarian Badges further punishing people that have done Squad Techs just further off balances something already way out of balance (I'm pretty certain one person used diamonds to get a lot of them). The Blacksmiths also seemed about double too many, spell Badges maybe a little over.

Now I know the general response of 'It's not supposed to be easy' 'You should have to spend or have a full FS involved' etc and so forth... so don't bother. I disagree.
I think 5 motivated late gamers with 10 supporting hang arounds should be able to squeak through the bare minimum and make it without spending, the great majority of FS are not full of late gamers all trying, there should be a path to the prize. The other 3 prizes should be for the spenders and super organized actives, and a solo player should have to spend to barely make it.

Conclusion: It's still to much clicking, it's Badge heavy in spots, it got worse on the play for a couple to spend through the blocks to feel like they are helping everyone which is a trick I have no respect for, the top 3 prizes should be by point bracket percent (or threshold) rather than just 3 FS (as I've said before more would spend that way contrary to what the Dev's seem to believe), STOP PUNISHING PEOPLE FOR DOING SQUAD TECHs.!!!.
At least the prize wasn't the entirely pointless Traveling Merchant, the general feel is one of improvement with a few pot holes of way worse... fix the pot holes and it would be a solid mediocre event.

NightshadeCS

Now I know the general response of 'It's not supposed to be easy' 'You should have to spend or have a full FS involved' etc and so forth... so don't bother. I disagree.
I think 5 motivated late gamers with 10 supporting hang arounds should be able to squeak through the bare minimum and make it without spending,

You are exactly describing the type of fellowship I am in, and we made it to the end with room to spare.

DeletedUser3507

Well didn't like it, but we managed to finish it 1.5 hrs before it ended.

DeletedUser3602

I am so proud to say that my Fellowship (Vino's Voyagers) finished in 4th place in Khelonaar.
We cleared all waypoints in Stage 1 and Stage 3 (Stage 2, we only did the Green path and some waypoints that only needed goods) and had time left to do about 20-30 rounds in the Bottomless Pit.
It wasn't easy though. Those Elvarian Guard Badges almost got the better of us. We didn't use any diamonds, but 2 members used some time instants to finish the last 2 Guard badges we needed.
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that this FA 4 was so doable. When we first saw the amount of new badges needed we got a little disheartened, but that turned out to be unnecessary.
I liked the Wonder Society and Sack of Coins more than the Elvarian Guards though. Has been said before, but for the people that have all Squad Size Upgrades researched it takes much longer to make 1 Badge than others that have skipped them. Seems unfair to me.

You only need 2 or 3 players that know the drill and can take turns in taking the lead. I was the one doing the planning and tracking all badges, but had someone that covered for me when I couldn't be there. The rest just did what was asked and pronto, we finished Stage 3 and then some.
All in all, we had a very good time.

But... there are still things to be improved:
- The quest system. The cycling and not being able to have more than 2 quests open at the same time
- The amount of units to be trained for Elvarian Guards is much higher for people that have researched all Squad Size Upgrades.
- Using a 30 kp Instant on an AW gives only 1 Wonder Society Badge. You should get 3, but don't know if that's possible to design.
- The last Blue waypoint in Stage 3 gave 300 points for 30 Farmers, 30 Bracelets and 15 Necklaces. If you use 30 Farmers and 30 Bracelets in the Bottomless pit you can do 10 rounds and get 500 points. Seems weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tauriel Dragonwood

FELLOWSHIP ADVENTURES COULD BE MORE FUN

I like the Fellowship Adventures Wonder Society Badges because our fellowship can donate 10 KPs to other players' Ancient Wonders.

This is what I don’t like. We are not children that enjoy clicking 14 times to complete a quest. The majority of us are adults who find this tedious and repetitious. I set up lots of buildings to produce Diamond Necklaces. Each time I collected a Necklace, I had to click 14 times to get back to the quest asking for Diamond Necklaces. I had to do this over again. Hope I don’t experience Carpal tunnel syndrome from all this constant clicking.

Has anyone actually made it to the Bottomless Pit? I have a suggestion.

I noticed in Forge of Empires on the social bar at the bottom of the screen there is an icon letting you know if a friend’s tavern is empty or full. Why can’t we have all the quest givers on the screen with a box in the lower corner that we can check when we are working on that quest?

When we complete the quest, we can just check the box again to continue collecting the items or badges needed for that quest. This avoids having to click 14 times to find this quest again. Oh, and if you miss it because the quest givers keep flipping from top to bottom, you will have to go search through another 14 quests to find the one you’re looking for.

Please read our comments and improve the Fellowship Adventures. I don’t know about you but I am tired of wasting precious time by clicking over and over and over and over and over and…

Last edited:
My FS actually managed to finish this debacle. Want some stats? Of the 495 who started the FA in Khelonaar, only 118 finished 3K points. 495 out of 4,187 listed Fellowships. I understand that many of these are composed of only one or less than 10 members, but really??? We only had 5 members actively contributing badges. The 2 day badges were ridiculous, as were the Guards. And the interminable scrolling? Pffft. If we had not had one player who decided to use tons of diamonds, we'd still be sitting there. As for the prizes, they were lousy compared to what we've received in the past.

We will not be doing another one if Inno is going to stay with this ridiculous format that makes the FA unappetizing for Fellowships that are not at full strength and have lost almost half of their players because of dissatisfaction with the game. I'd much rather see the bugs fixed before they roll anything else out, anyway. Even Microsoft tries to do that.

DeletedUser3468

It's finally over! At least for now!
Participated in 4 worlds, none of which finished. Those Guard badges were killers. In one Fellowship we made it to the very last waypoint and couldn't come up with enough Guard badges to finish. They simply take too long to make and there are too many required for such a short event. The Wonders Badges weren't much better and there were too many of the magic badges too. I didn't have any problem with the money bags... in some cities, I could pick up 2 each morning and then another 3 or 4 or more throughout the day. It was just the tediousness of having to remember to have the blasted moneybags icon up at the correct time that was the problem. With this many different types of badges, we need to be able to work on more than just 2 quests at a time, especially if there are going to be so many of each required.

I have no interest in doing any other Fellowship Adventure unless several problems are addressed: The sheer number of Guard, Wonder and magic badges; the amounts of goods required (and every path requiring goods); the amount of relics required (this wasn't as much of a problem in my larger cities and Fellowships but a major drain on the smaller one); the seemingly endless clicking to scroll through to get to the badge you want (this was bad enough during the first FA, now that there are 6 more badges, it's totally unacceptable!).

This one wasn't a totally negative experience, however. Despite the challenges, my smallest Fellowship in Sinya Arda, managed a 29th place finish... we didn't make it all the way but we did much better than on the previous one and actually had a lot of fun doing it. The members who participated have good cause to feel proud of themselves! However... I won't ask them to do this again if the next FA has the same excessive demands for goods, relics, Guard badges and Wonder badges or if the same click intensive user interface is again used.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14616

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear your feedback regarding our new upcoming feature: Fellowship Adventures! Please post below and let us know what you think.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I was very frustrated and disappointed in the adventure as a whole. The prizes were unimpressive, and the goals were essentially unattainable for smaller, newer fellowships. a challenge is a good thing...an unreachable goal just gets players to start looking for games that are more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.