• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Open Joining Fellowships Early.

Chef Baker

I have found that when you are on PC, if you press the F key before researching fellowships, you open the FS menu, where you can then join an FS.

Aritra

Is fellowship research tech new? As in, less than a week? I started a city on Sunday night and joined a fellowship Wednesday morning. No problems.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Is fellowship research tech new?
Not really, but it's only been rolled out to a small percentage of live players for further testing on live servers so far. Haven't been able to get a clear answer on what the criteria is for which new cities are part of the test market and which are not. Could just be a percentage of cities that are chosen randomly on each server.
A lot of guessing here, but my opinion from what I've read:
The problem they're trying to solve: Apparently there were quite a few new cities/players creating FS very early in the game, recruiting other brand new players and then the entire FS ended up stopping playing the game. I think the idea hope is if players have to reach a certain place in the early chapters (?early ch2?) the FS's formed then will be more likely to remain active with active players, improving player retention metrics. That would also account for running the limited test on live servers longer to measure that retention change over time. They could even play around with it and find the 'sweet spot' in the tech tree where the most positive change is found. Hopefully, it's more than just a technical test of the performance of the software in a live environment; I wouldn't have expected that to take this long...

DeletedUser27062

Not really, but it's only been rolled out to a small percentage of live players for further testing on live servers so far. Haven't been able to get a clear answer on what the criteria is for which new cities are part of the test market and which are not. Could just be a percentage of cities that are chosen randomly on each server.
The problem they're trying to solve: Apparently there were quite a few new cities/players creating FS very early in the game, recruiting other brand new players and then the entire FS ended up stopping playing the game. I think the idea hope is if players have to reach a certain place in the early chapters (?early ch2?) the FS's formed then will be more likely to remain active with active players, improving player retention metrics. That would also account for running the limited test on live servers longer to measure that retention change over time. They could even play around with it and find the 'sweet spot' in the tech tree where the most positive change is found. Hopefully, it's more than just a technical test of the performance of the software in a live environment; I wouldn't have expected that to take this long...
I started a city on beta just this last week and there is no 'fellowship' or 'neighbourhood' tech to be unlocked yet there was only one fs available to join (it wasn't a direct join though and my messages went unanswered). This left me no choice but to found my own fs so I could do the tourney in the hopes of getting a few more relics.

Chef Baker

Can you rephrase that? I have no idea what you said(too many words)