• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just wondering why we tolerate cheaters?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2870

@Deborah M ,@Vergazi
Correct, new players already have all kinds of advantages compared to when I started.
When I started, one had to build all units. Now one starts with a stack of units of 3 different types
There were no Portal Profit instants, and especially the Orcs took forever to get through since one had to produce everything.
When I started, one didn't get free diamonds at the end of each chapter. Nor did we retro-actively get them for having gone past them already when that was introduced.
There were almost no AWs to boost, so we had to get through the game without the advantages they bring
There were no weekly tournaments to get a lot of bonuses quickly.
Events were rare, so the eventbuildings were real prizes because they were so rare.
And even later, they added a lot of techs retroactively into the techtree, forcing us to go back to earlier chapters to finish those in order to be able to progress again.

We had some advantages too though:
The premium expansions were much cheaper.
The battlesystem was simpler before they messed with it (and elven players got pretty much screwed by the newer system by screwing over the treants and humans lost their advantage of being the only race to have the cerberus unit and have it moved out of the barracks.

It just means the game is still evolving. Which all is fine, but Inno really should make a clear choice: either the pushing is allowed, or it is not. If it is not, they need to act against it. Saying it is not allowed but not acting against it pretty much is the same as allowing it. The best you will achieve that way is that some of the players will refrain from doing so, but that really puts them at an unfair disadvantage.
And as I said, I really am opposed to retroactively punishing people while they let them get away with it for so long. But they should either draw a line and announce their policy AND that it will be enforced, or make it clear they don't care and have everyone have a go at it. The last one is the easiest path, but it also will pretty much ruin the game in the end. Especially since everyone will see more and more push-cities appear on the maps that don't add anything to the game.
The first one is harder and will likely have a negative impact until people settle into the new reality, but will -in my opinion- be more likely to save the game in the long run.

@MinMax Gamer
You are right in that aspect. There is no real PvP competition here, so apart from some people having their feelings hurt because they aren't in the top ranking there isn't a real problem...yet.
I do foresee a problem when it becomes the norm though. As more and more players set up more and more push cities that aren't really active, it will become harder for starting players to find a way to get their trades taken. Even more so if the communication issue on the app is not resolved, since people who start on the app have exactly zero ability to communicate with anyone.
Edit
I can still remember the time when my world-map (at that time about 350 provinces) for more than 60% consisted of 'goldmines'. Even at that wide a map it was a pain in the ass to have trades taken. I can't really say I would enjoy it much more to see a map filled with cities in chapters 2,3,4 that almost never interact with mine, don't really take trades or do visits.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

I can still remember the time when my world-map (at that time about 350 provinces) for more than 60% consisted of 'goldmines'. Even at that wide a map it was a pain in the ass to have trades taken. I can't really say I would enjoy it much more to see a map filled with cities in chapters 2,3,4 that almost never interact with mine, don't really take trades or do visits.
I remember that, too! When the ability to have your city moved was added, I kept my original main in a deadlands of goldmines so gathering coin was quicker and I was able to survive easy enough on fellowship trading. Allowed my second to be relocated and mostly regretted it, as while the area was a bit more active, there were many neighbors showing growth that never gave aid or traded, and the visiting was much more tedious. I'm in the same situation now, with the additional irritation of inactives being moved towards me, and I am not pleased.

Venomhammer

If they came up with a quest requirement for each lvl of each AW and got rid of the KP requirement, that should resolve the issue as there would be no need for push cities. It would probably take a lot of effort on inno's part, just a possible solution. The KP after the tech tree is full, could be converted in the MA to something useful like time instance or goods.

DeletedUser2870

@Venomhammer
Actually, AWs were introduced because there was nothing else to do with KPs. Back in the time when the game just had a few chapters there was nothing to do with KPs once you got techlocked or got to the end of the Techtree. Of course, back then there weren't any other KPs to be gotten than the daily ones, so them not being able to be used was an even bigger deal than it is now, with all kinds of ways to gain them.
The AWs were introduced (and back then only a few) as a way for players to use KPs instead of letting them go to waste. And with only so few ways of getting them the AWs were deemed to be well balanced as they required quite a lot of KPs to upgraded.

With so many new ways of gaining KPs introduced since then you'd kill the game in an instant if players don't have a place to put them.
Not to mention that for those at the end of the tree, spells, instants, coin, supplies and goods generally are not in short supply. Also, your suggestion does not take into account KPs going to waste while one is techlocked or the fact that there are so many other ways to gain KPs which then in many ways will become useless to a lot of people.

All in all, though the suggestion has some merits, it is nothing but refusing to acknowledge the real problem; Inno's refusal to enforce it's own rules about push cities. I can come up with a lot of suggestions to fix it, but it will always be a workaround. There is no need for a workaround if the existing rules are enforced.

@Nonchalant Antipathy
I remember that, too! When the ability to have your city moved was added, I kept my original main in a deadlands of goldmines so gathering coin was quicker and I was able to survive easy enough on fellowship trading. Allowed my second to be relocated and mostly regretted it, as while the area was a bit more active, there were many neighbors showing growth that never gave aid or traded, and the visiting was much more tedious. I'm in the same situation now, with the additional irritation of inactives being moved towards me, and I am not pleased.
The inactives creeping up should not be a problem. If the option to relocate is set to 'no' as standard and one would add the requirement of a city being in chapter 4 before it can be changed to 'yes' that would leave the inactives at the edges. A change like that is relatively easy to make.
I must say that I do see more inactive cities lately, but those are in higher levels and seem to be players who quit as well as a bunch of low-level cities that never change.
One reason I suspect is players trying to start with a certain combination of goods and just making new cities until they get a combination they like.
My main problem at that time was that I was (by far) the largest player in my FS. So my fellows couldn't take all the trades I posted. And without a lot of actives on the explored map, that is a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

If the option to relocate is set to 'no' as standard and one would add the requirement of a city being in chapter 4 before it can be changed to 'yes' that would leave the inactives at the edges. A change like that is relatively easy to make.
Dude, that's a brilliant idea! I know that there would be some whinging about discrimination against newer players, but it would lessen the drain on the relocation automation and likely speed up how often players that want to be moved are moved, resolving much of the inactivity issues in most neighborhoods, if applied aggressively. I also like the thought of earning your right to be placed in a better spot by both opting in and reaching a certain point in the game, although I do understand how that could be considered unfair, and I even agree, to an extent, but as it stands now, pretty much no one is benefiting from the movement system.
My main problem at that time was that I was (by far) the largest player in my FS. So my fellows couldn't take all the trades I posted. And without a lot of actives on the explored map, that is a problem.
Aye, I think neighborhood trading is very important and I was extremely lucky to be in a position to not need it, at the time. Definitely not the case now, as I focus on producing a great deal more goods due to my high catering demands in tournaments and I have to rely on neighbors for the bulk of my trades.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If the option to relocate is set to 'no' as standard and one would add the requirement of a city being in chapter 4 before it can be changed to 'yes' that would leave the inactives at the edges
It would be better for long term players, but probably not-so-better for new-player retention. New players who aren't in fellowships are the ones who most need to end up somewhere active. It would be fairly demoralizing to be a chapter 3 player stuck in the wilderness. Especially until they get messaging for the apps. I've got a really keen player who posts ridiculously generous three-star trades, but apparently hasn't seen my message that I'll pick up anything fair as soon as I am on. And if I post fir two star trades aimed at him, my neighbours will grab them before he sees them. At the end of the day, he's getting all of his trades taken quickly because he's in an active area.

DeletedUser4194

We have passed along the comments in this thread, and we will be closing it at this time.

Please make sure to contact Support if you suspect any player of cheating. Use the 'Breach of Rules' for ticket type, and please put the name of the player in the 'reported player' area.

12. Rule-Breaking In-game
To report the breaching of rules by another player in-game please use the support system. Do not open complaint topics in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.