• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lack of coin.

DeletedUser511

Anyone else think its odd that around the time they say you can buy coin with diamonds that they limit how much you can now make from your homes? Im not making no where near enough to cover my builds now. I have almost 3000 people to still spend so making more homes isnt the answer. I think they messed up yet again!

This needs to been fixed!

DeletedUser3297

Your residences have always had a coin cap based on the level. The lower the level, the shorter time it takes to reach that cap. Also the higher the level, the more coins are produced per hour. Culture has an affect on how much your residences produce per hour, the more culture, the more coin.

If you are trying to cover the cost of building upgrades, they rise with each upgrade.

DeletedUser3312

I have not noticed any change in coin collecting. I often max out and buy KP when I do. I keep building houses as I run out of population. I struggle to keep population so that I can upgrade my factories. I checked the Wiki and there have been no changes to the amounts per level of residence. Maybe you have a bug?

DeletedUser43

It depends on where you are in a chapter. If you are at the beginning of a chapter, before you have upgraded your houses and main hall, then coin collection can be tight. By the time you are at the end of a chapter you have plenty. Do you do all your neighborly help each day?

DeletedUser3312

Do you do all your neighborly help each day?

This is why belonging to a FS is so important. and you want one with at least 10 people. Those visits help so much with coin. Just level up your main hall. I get 13,200 coins for every person I visit now. And I visit my FS and outer world neighbors. So lots of coins obtained that way!

DeletedUser3686

I always have a ton of extra coins. Currently about 1/3 of the way through chapter three.

My town currently:
-13 Residences. 6 are level 8, 6 are level 7, and 1 is a Magic Residence at level 3.
-Culture is 170%. I always aim to have enough culture to hit max since this helps with coin, workshop, and goods production substantially.
-Main Hall is level 7. I usually only have a few people a day help out with my main hall, but the higher level helps collect a lot more when helping out others. I usually only upgrade the Main Hall when I am capping out really easily and really frequently.

Not sure what level you are, but I have 2900 in population, so pretty close. 820 of those are from a Glossy Gardens and a Well of Floating Islands, so my guess is that I have a lot less residences than you. Definitely shift your focus on upgrading fewer residences, the main hall, and upping your culture for better coin production.

DeletedUser3312

Not sure what level you are, but I have 2900 in population, so pretty close. 820 of those are from a Glossy Gardens and a Well of Floating Islands, so my guess is that I have a lot less residences than you. Definitely shift your focus on upgrading fewer residences, the main hall, and upping your culture for better coin production.

Smiles. I am just going into chapter 6. I have almost 50 houses at level 15. will be able to upgrade in chapter 6. I have plenty of coins. My issue is population. I have a ton of diamond culture which gives population so don't want to sell it off. I have most factories upgraded to 15. My dust are at level 11 and 12. it takes about 500 population to upgrade them if I remember. I build and fully upgrade a house or five and then upgrade factories. smiles.... I use the extra coins for KP. It now costs me 200,000 for 1 KP. lol. but it's free coin so.....

DeletedUser43

Diamond culture is like a drug. When you get it, it feels wonderful and helps you out a ton. However, after a while, its effect wears off and then you need to replace it with a better thing. However, you are worse off the second you tear it down because now you are more needy than ever. Your population has disappeared! You either pay up and get the replacement or have a long slog of trying to build more houses.

DeletedUser3312

Diamond culture is like a drug. When you get it, it feels wonderful and helps you out a ton. However, after a while, its effect wears off and then you need to replace it with a better thing. However, you are worse off the second you tear it down because now you are more needy than ever. Your population has disappeared! You either pay up and get the replacement or have a long slog of trying to build more houses.

yes. this was a painful lesson Bobby. I do not buy diamond culture anymore. selling it... just deletes it and you get nothing so... I keep it. But I will not purchase any more. I build house like a crazy person. smiles... I always have some going. and I never seem to have enough population. However I just sold 5 level 15 workshops as I was maxing out on hammers all the time and so got a lot of population back. That has helped a bit.

DeletedUser3686

Smiles. I am just going into chapter 6. I have almost 50 houses at level 15. will be able to upgrade in chapter 6. I have plenty of coins. My issue is population. I have a ton of diamond culture which gives population so don't want to sell it off. I have most factories upgraded to 15. My dust are at level 11 and 12. it takes about 500 population to upgrade them if I remember. I build and fully upgrade a house or five and then upgrade factories. smiles.... I use the extra coins for KP. It now costs me 200,000 for 1 KP. lol. but it's free coin so.....

Wow, 50 houses!! I'm going to need to figure out how to get space for that eventually...

How many factories of each do you have and at what level?

And agreed with diamond culture. I have a few pieces that I got for aesthetics, but definitely keeping that at a limit for that exact reason mentioned above. Some will be near worthless eventually...

DeletedUser3696

Wow, 50 houses!! I'm going to need to figure out how to get space for that eventually...

And agreed with diamond culture. I have a few pieces that I got for aesthetics, but definitely keeping that at a limit for that exact reason mentioned above. Some will be near worthless eventually...

It all depends on the style you play. If you negotiate a lot then you won't need many armories, but factories will be a bigger a focus. It also depends on whether you are Elf or Human. I hear all about how you need 8/7/6 factories and I'm doing fine with my 4/3/3 as a human.

If you figure you are decent at fighting without losing many troops then take that route with the odd cater in there. Every 5-8 provinces gets you an expansion (plus more neighbours). If you tend to cater more than use those factories to produce the resources needed - which still lead to expansions and neighbours.

Just remember there are a lot of players who don't run a high bonus for culture, which gives them less supplies and gold but allows them more room to have more of everything which can make up for the lost supplies and gold.

Pick the style you prefer and tweak it to suit you.

DeletedUser511

I always have a ton of extra coins. Currently about 1/3 of the way through chapter three.

My town currently:
-13 Residences. 6 are level 8, 6 are level 7, and 1 is a Magic Residence at level 3.
-Culture is 170%. I always aim to have enough culture to hit max since this helps with coin, workshop, and goods production substantially.
-Main Hall is level 7. I usually only have a few people a day help out with my main hall, but the higher level helps collect a lot more when helping out others. I usually only upgrade the Main Hall when I am capping out really easily and really frequently.

I have way more then that and most is maxed. Upgrading takes huge chunks now.

DeletedUser43

Upgrading does take a huge chunk, I'm in orcs too, so I know. But, it all comes back fast enough. As long as you have enough provinces scouted and do nh every day. How many provinces do you have scouted? I have 322. That's a lot of coin if I visit all my neighbors.

Also, your culture is inefficient. You have unlocked ponds and yet you still have the lower culture buildings. If you got rid of the lower culture buildings, then you wouldn't need so much space for culture. The higher culture buildings give you more culture per square.

What kind of nh do you ask for? Maybe just ask for main hall help for a bit?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3312

I just sold 5 level 15 workshops so have 12 left. I am thinking I will need to replace a couple of them smiles.
I have 7 level 15 planks, 7 level 15 scrolls, and 5 level 13 and 14 magic dust factories. That is as high as I am able to upgrade until more research is completed.

DeletedUser3297

I just sold 5 level 15 workshops so have 12 left. I am thinking I will need to replace a couple of them smiles.
I have 7 level 15 planks, 7 level 15 scrolls, and 5 level 13 and 14 magic dust factories. That is as high as I am able to upgrade until more research is completed.

It's a good idea to balance your goods based on your needs in the research. It is about a 3:2:1 ratio. Meaning you will always need tier 1 goods the most. I have 10 steel, 6 crystal and 4 elixir and they are all maxed out as well.

DeletedUser3312

I had 10 planks but sold off some as I ne3eded space so badly. so.. for now the 7 do what I need and I will try and build more again later.

DeletedUser511

I have 2 of my boosted and have over 200K of each and over 100K of the other goods. but you have 7? I am making like 600% on my planks alone. I cant tell for sure because im upgrading my MH.

DeletedUser3312

I have 2 of my boosted and have over 200K of each and over 100K of the other goods. but you have 7? I am making like 600% on my planks alone. I cant tell for sure because im upgrading my MH

Wow! I only wish my boosts were that high. smiles. You are way ahead of me in clearing provinces!! That is awesome!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Wow! I only wish my boosts were that high. smiles. You are way ahead of me in clearing provinces!! That is awesome!
Tournaments are WAY better at giving you relics than provinces. If you save up some resources before your boosted tournament comes up you can negotiate your way through 6 provinces 5 times each for just over 100 relics.

DeletedUser3312

I tried the tournament soggy. won the first fight. then got creamed on the second 3 times in a row so gave up. sigh. their paladins beat mine way to fast. I will cater provinces and I guess the tournaments from now on.