• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lack of coin.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I tried the tournament soggy. won the first fight. then got creamed on the second 3 times in a row so gave up. sigh. their paladins beat mine way to fast. I will cater provinces and I guess the tournaments from now on.
oh yeah, don't fight em unless you want a challenge(like riding a bike with no seat)
I'm starting to record the costs of catering, might even post a guide later

DeletedUser43

I couldn't beat the blessed paladins until I unlocked granite golems and the bud sorcs (sorc III). I was surprised to see them in a battle in a city that isn't that advanced.

DeletedUser3312

Ya. The mortars are supposed to help humans out a lot. and the elves will get the Cerberus. Not sure how soon that is coming. I hope they redesign the battles so they are a bit more evenly balanced in terms of strength.

DeletedUser43

I don't know either. They said something that worried me a great deal. Something cryptic to the effect of IF you aren't further than you are supposed to be then you should be able to win the new battles. I am guessing that I will be "further" than I am supposed to be, because they seem to punish people who have done a lot of scouting. They want you to take things slowly.

But, I don't know yet. Nothing has been implemented. I guess we will see. :)

DeletedUser3297

I like fighting in human worlds better than elves. That cerebrus can take out cannoneers, archers and necromancers with ease and as long as they go for the kill quickly, very little damages is ever done to them. My human worlds have more provinces scouted than my elf ones. So hopefully with these new changes, I'll like fighting as an elf too :)

DeletedUser43

It will be fun to have dogs too. hmmmm But does that mean lots of dog fights now? How does it work when the enemy has the blue dogs?Or do humans not have dogs as enemies?

DeletedUser3297

Humans have dogs as enemies too. Blue dogs are tough to kill and I'll just send 2of mine after one of theirs.

DeletedUser3297

The golems I use axe barbarians and the steinglings I use the cerebrus :)

DeletedUser3297

You need to make some training videos for us 90 lb weakings. I'm tired of getting sand kicked on me! smiles

Funny thing is, I have videos on my spreadsheet under the fighting tab :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
No no, not the ranged units(steinling/golems), those are easy enough.
I mean the knights, similar to our paladins. The only thing we can really use is our own paladins, unless there's a bunch of terrain our archers can hide behind.
This is the issue that mortars are hopefully going to fix.

DeletedUser3297

Paladins or treants are the only thing that can take the knights down. They usually go down pretty easy too though.