• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

MA suddenly producing different spells

Dhurrin

US-Elcysandir
When I checked my MA it suddenly was producing only CC spells, while I NEVER cook those in the MA as I have more than enough of them for 24/7/365 crafting.
One member of my FS had the same issue, while one other member suddenly had the MA cook 5 meditation spells.

Refreshed the game, still the same.
I deleted all 5 slots for spells, then added new ones.
No re-occurrence so far, but I did notice the same thing on a testcity, where the MA also had changed all spells to be created in the MA to CC spells.

EDIT
Update; it just happened again. Meaning I have lost an hour or more of the production time AGAIN! I changed everything back to MM spells when I posted the original post. Just saw they all had been changed to CC-spells again and once more I had to cancel all and start 5 MM-spells. But that means I am losing time in the MA because it changes the spells I want to produce to other spells.
This is getting more than a bit annoying.

Last edited:

Dhurrin

I did not say the order of spells was changed, my PRODUCTION was changed and that very definitely is a bug.
I did NOT START any CC-spells. I only cook MM-spells in my MA, so suddenly all 5 having been changed to CC-spells sure as heck is a bug.

I do know some people have an issue with comprehensive reading, but even the title of my post stated the PRODUCTION was changed. Not the order in which the spells appear.

So kindly move it back to the bug section please

Last edited:

Dhurrin

Not a bug. This is the new order of spells to match the order they are researched in the new version of the tech tree.
How is a changed PRODUCTION not a bug? Especially if it is happening to multiple people?

I am not talking about the order in which spells appear, thank you very much. I am talking about the fact that all spells in my queue have been changed to spells I do not want to produce.

It also means that I have lost time there again, as the one being cooked now has to be deleted and restarted, so all time it was there since the production started now is lost.

Last edited:

Dhurrin

When my order first got changed I thought the same thing was happening but it turned out that my muscle memory had me hitting the old button automatically without realizing and thinking my production was being changed when it wasn't.
That is something I considered. However, when it just happened a 2nd time I am dead-certain it was not the case.
And with at least 3 other people now in my FS having the same issue I am very certain it is not, especially since most cook a variety of spells, so they hardly ever have a queue of 5 the same spells.
And personally I don't click at a position for spells, I click the image of the one I want. I'm not colorblind so the difference between the red/orange MM and green CC spells is not exactly something to easily confuse

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How is a changed PRODUCTION not a bug? Especially if it is happening to multiple people?

Because they did the same thing to us on Beta when this was changed and they told us there it was intentional and we just had to eat what ended up being wrong enchantments.

Dhurrin

Because they did the same thing to us on Beta when this was changed and they told us there it was intentional and we just had to eat what ended up being wrong enchantments.
Kinda makes sense I guess. Inno-style sense that is.

But frankly, now I'm even more pissed. Not so much because it happened, but because they DID NOT COMMUNICATE.

If it happened on beta (weird, because I did not have any issues there at all) they KNEW it would be an issue. The very least they could have done was send out a general message about it, warning players. But no, Inno has to do it the most moronic way possible I guess and has to make sure they do not learn from crap happening on beta.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
But frankly, now I'm even more pissed. Not so much because it happened, but because they DID NOT COMMUNICATE.

There is a communication, you just need to read Beta forum. There's always enough information there for me so I know what to expect on live. I don't think it's a great idea to spam the game with every change while it's readily available for anyone who wants to know.

Sprite1313

There is a communication, you just need to read Beta forum. There's always enough information there for me so I know what to expect on live. I don't think it's a great idea to spam the game with every change while it's readily available for anyone who wants to know.
I don't think it is reasonable to expect players not on the beta/beta forum to check the beta forum for basic information on the game. The majority of players are likely not on the forums at all, much less on a forum for a world on which they don't play.

Known issues like this should be shared to the whole community, not just the 1300 members of the beta forum. Announcing the fact that cities were being migrated today wouldn't constitute "spam" by any measure. A heads up that this is coming and check a designated location for information on known impacts is reasonable.

We were given almost no notice that the change was coming today (the last posting was several weeks ago, saying they would let us know when they knew more), then they posted to the forum almost simultaneous to the change happening in game. Relying on crowdsourced forum chatter to announce major game changes and challenges with said changes is poor communication by any reasonable standard.

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I don't think it is reasonable to expect players not on the beta/beta forum to check the beta forum for basic information on the game. The majority of players are likely not on the forums at all, much less on a forum for a world on which they don't play.

Known issues like this should be shared to the whole community, not just the 1300 members of the beta forum. Announcing the fact that cities were being migrated today wouldn't constitute "spam" by any measure. A heads up that this is coming and check a designated location for information on known impacts is reasonable.

We were given almost no notice that the change was coming to day (the last posting was several weeks ago, saying they would let us know when they knew more), then they posted to the forum almost simultaneous to the change happening in game. Relying on crowdsourced forum chatter to announce major game changes and challenges with said changes is poor communication by any reasonable standard.

I suppose that depends how much we want to know more, the information is there if we want it. Didn't they make an in game announcement that it's coming? I'm not sure whether they can fit all the information in that little screen or is productive for Inno to write essays on everything they do while it's available if someone really wants it? With every update there's a link to forum and there's also a permanent shortcut on the screen. There's also advertisement for Beta now and then. All we need to do is click on it and read it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Silly Bubbles, I do not believe they announced this change on the beta forum before it happened. If they had, beta people would not have been complaining about it on the beta forum when it suddenly happened to them.

I'm with Dhurrin in this. I don't believe that a person should be expected to frequent the beta forum in order to get a heads up on a change that they knew was coming but didn't bother to tell anyone about (not even on beta, beforehand, although I grant you that keeping up with the beta forum and hearing the complaints would have allowed people to know the change was coming to the other servers soon.)

I think there needs to be an announcement IN-GAME ... just like they announce upcoming events. They should not even expect players to go to the regular forum, when it's something that's going to annoy the heck out of people. I went to bed cooking 5 ccs; when I came in the next day I had 5 meditations ... something I would have never crafted in a million years. It wasn't a matter of muscle memory; I know what I crafted. If Inno knew it was coming up, they should have had the decency to warn people not to waste their spell frags on stupid stuff. At least that's how I see it.

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Silly Bubbles, I do not believe they announced this change on the beta forum before it happened. If they had, beta people would not have been complaining about it on the beta forum when it suddenly happened to them.

I'm with Dhurrin in this. I don't believe that a person should be expected to frequent the beta forum in order to get a heads up on a change that they knew was comming but didn't bother to tell anyone about (not even on beta, beforehand, although I grant you that keeping up with the beta forum and hearing the complaints would have allowed people to know the change was coming to the other servers soon.)

I think there needs to be an announcement IN-GAME ... just like they announce upcoming events. They should not even expect players to go to the regular forum, when it's something that's going to annoy the heck out of people. I went to bed cooking 5 ccs; when I came in the next day I had 5 meditations ... something I would have never crafted in a million years. It wasn't a matter of muscle memory; I know what I crafted. If Inno knew it was coming up, they should have had the decency to warn people not to waste their spell frags on stupid stuff. At least that's how I see it.

I suppose once someone makes up their mind it's hard to change it. I personally haven't had any issues because I have multiple sources to get the information from, including in game announcement on chapter migration. Of course it's upsetting for the ones that aren't up to date, it doesn't necessarily mean there's lack of information.

This is getting really difficult to keep repeating the same information on multiple threads. You guys have fun, if you want it to spoil your day that's up to you. Happy gaming! :)

Dhurrin

I am sorry, but that is an Inno-style nonsense answer.
1 - Players on liveservers should not have to read the beta-forum to figure out what MIGHT become an issue on live play. How the heck would one even do that? You expect everyone to read the entire forum weekly or so?
2 - Beta is meant for testing; if there are issues found they should be fixed before moving to live
3 - Spamming with ingame messages? You are stretching this ridiculously far. There is hardly any communication. A single message about a known issue would have taken less time than my original post.

And maybe unlike you (no clue here) a lot of people want to just play the game, not have to browse the forums to figure out crap. Or just not have the time for all the nonsense.

Expecting a little 1 or 2 line message communicating a KNOWN issue when it goes live really isn't setting a very high bar of communication

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I suppose once someone makes up their mind it's hard to change it. I personally haven't had any issues because I have multiple sources to get the information from, including in game announcement on chapter migration. Of course it's upsetting for the ones that aren't up to date, it doesn't necessarily mean there's lack of information.

This is getting really difficult to keep repeating the same information on multiple threads. You guys have fun, if you want it to spoil your day that's up to you. Happy gaming! :)
You seem to have "made up your mind" that anyone who doesn't want to (or can't) visit multiple sources has "made up their mind" to remain uninformed. It's not a matter of who is right or wrong ... we simply have different views on this issue and we should be able to relay those views without condescension or insults. It's good that you have so much time to visit multiple sources. Many of us don't have that time, having real life issues. If it's getting difficult to hear comments, then perhaps it would be helpful to put yourself in the shoes of someone with full-time jobs, small kids, etc, etc. I think what really "spoils one's day" is the fact that some posters view this game through the lens of their own situation, their own time constraints (or lack of constraints) and their own abilities and cannot take into account others' situations. Just my take on it. Life's too short for anyone to dwell on this, or to bear anyone ill will over such a small matter, so I wish you well and will not comment further on this.

Sarafyne

There was no announcement for people who only play on live worlds.
My production was changed too, what started out as CC spell was replaced with the gold colored thingy that's now sitting in 5th place.
No big deal but Inno always announces everything so it's a bit surprising they didn't announce this change.
I do not expect my players to go hunting around in various forums to see if there happens to be an announcement. That should be communicated in-game. Period.