• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

MA suddenly producing different spells

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
There was no announcement for people who only play on live worlds.
My production was changed too, what started out as CC spell was replaced with the gold colored thingy that's now sitting in 5th place.
No big deal but Inno always announces everything so it's a bit surprising they didn't announce this change.
I do not expect my players to go hunting around in various forums to see if there happens to be an announcement. That should be communicated in-game. Period.

I am sorry, but that is an Inno-style nonsense answer.
1 - Players on liveservers should not have to read the beta-forum to figure out what MIGHT become an issue on live play. How the heck would one even do that? You expect everyone to read the entire forum weekly or so?
2 - Beta is meant for testing; if there are issues found they should be fixed before moving to live
3 - Spamming with ingame messages? You are stretching this ridiculously far. There is hardly any communication. A single message about a known issue would have taken less time than my original post.

And maybe unlike you (no clue here) a lot of people want to just play the game, not have to browse the forums to figure out crap. Or just not have the time for all the nonsense.

Expecting a little 1 or 2 line message communicating a KNOWN issue when it goes live really isn't setting a very high bar of communication

You seem to have "made up your mind" that anyone who doesn't want to (or can't) visit multiple sources has "made up their mind" to remain uninformed. It's not a matter of who is right or wrong ... we simply have different views on this issue and we should be able to relay those views without condescension or insults. It's good that you have so much time to visit multiple sources. Many of us don't have that time, having real life issues. If it's getting difficult to hear comments, then perhaps it would be helpful to put yourself in the shoes of someone with full-time jobs, small kids, etc, etc. I think what really "spoils one's day" is the fact that some posters view this game through the lens of their own situation, their own time constraints (or lack of constraints) and their own abilities and cannot take into account others' situations. Just my take on it. Life's too short for anyone to dwell on this, or to bear anyone ill will over such a small matter, so I wish you well and will not comment further on this.

I don't think it is reasonable to expect players not on the beta/beta forum to check the beta forum for basic information on the game. The majority of players are likely not on the forums at all, much less on a forum for a world on which they don't play.

Known issues like this should be shared to the whole community, not just the 1300 members of the beta forum. Announcing the fact that cities were being migrated today wouldn't constitute "spam" by any measure. A heads up that this is coming and check a designated location for information on known impacts is reasonable.

We were given almost no notice that the change was coming today (the last posting was several weeks ago, saying they would let us know when they knew more), then they posted to the forum almost simultaneous to the change happening in game. Relying on crowdsourced forum chatter to announce major game changes and challenges with said changes is poor communication by any reasonable standard.

I'm not Inno, I haven't done anything. I'm just sharing my views and my approach to the situation that works for me just like everyone else does here on the forum. I'm not telling anyone what to do and I'm not expecting anyone to do anything so I'm not sure why is this all targeted at me. I understand that you're not happy then target Inno not me.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Telling people that if they just bothered to read the beta forum they would have known about this is kinda dismissive. Which is fine, you can communicate in whatever way seems good to you but don't be all shocked pickachu when you get dismissive replies back.

I wonder who's dismissive of other people's views. At least, I understand what others are saying. And yes, if you don't like the way I communicate or opposing views, the message is received, I'll cut down on my communication. I have better things to do than being accused of things I haven't done and selfish.

Katwick

Cartographer
if you don't like the way I communicate or opposing views, .....
I' like the odds when you're sharing information that you've found to be useful. I may discover something that's a new insight, or add something that seems to be missing. Either way it keeps the forum interesting.
Screenshot_20220507-125413_Facebook.jpg

Deleted User - 849777001

I shutter to think of what unannounced FA changes will do on live...
especially if Beta runs into any UnForseen Glitches.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh. In the realm of spells and orders - I draw your attention once again the Spoiler Beta thread here.

Deleted User - 850238979

I still consider this a bug. MA production should not have changed.
There was a notification about the change of order and 'bugs' are unintended consequences of intended actions which is why it's not a bug.

Deleted User - 850238979

There was no announcement for people who only play on live worlds.
My production was changed too, what started out as CC spell was replaced with the gold colored thingy that's now sitting in 5th place.
No big deal but Inno always announces everything so it's a bit surprising they didn't announce this change.
I do not expect my players to go hunting around in various forums to see if there happens to be an announcement. That should be communicated in-game. Period.
I received an in-game announcement about the MA switch-a-roo. I'm not sure why you didn't.

Ariel Greensleeves

I have had this problem too: I never craft inspiring meditation and it kept coming up. I assumed it was my husband putting in the order (we both play my account). Apparently I can't blame him! For me it never got to the point where it was actually being crafted though, only in the roster and I changed it.
Just fix the bug Inno, or say you will, and stop making excuses. ;)