• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mana & Decay

fitress

Am a "little" confused, so will probably ask wrong. Are Weeping Willows considered "Mana" buildings? Does it matter where the mana is stored (Willow, inventory ..) or is a total of all mana stored somewhere to calculate the decay? Where might that be? (I see the little picture showing mana in gems of knowledge, but don't find it on my board). Since mana is being generated all of the time, how does it come up with a total? Am just starting Woodelves, so maybe it will all be explained later? My thanks in advance..........

Just wanted to make an observation. I have come to the conclusion that watching my cats shed is infinitely more exciting than waiting to finish Orcs. Am soooooo happy to be out of there!

DeletedUser2768

The general consensus I've found is: Thank the Gods!!! I'm out of Orcs!!!!

As for the mana decay, I'm still pretty new to it, but I've read somewhere that it's based on your storage capacity? @SoggyShorts or @Ashrem could probably answer this.

fitress

Ashrem - Bear with me..... So, I currently have about 30k of mana in inventory, and have 10 willows cookin up more. I don't see anything that indicates a limit or storage capacity (like coin capacity?)

The only info I have is from Gems, and I can't find some of the stuff it refers to. I only have one AW which is GA. How does an AW reduce decay?

Does all of this only come into play once I actually build things that require mana?

Be gentle - you're dealing with a little old lady...........

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Fitress : There's no storage cap on mana. Mana decays at the same time every day (sometime in the middle of the night in my time zone). Let's say that when I collected the last mana before going to bed, I had 30K mana. When I wake up, I will have 27K mana.
You don't get the AW that reduces decay until Sorcerer's & Dragons: Maze of the Dark Matter

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think Sadidodamage got most of your questions. As soon as you begin to accumulate mana, it begins decaying. so if you collected that 30,000, then stopped collecting until later when you think you need it, on day two you'd have 27000, on day three: 24300, on day 4: 21870, on day 5: 19683, etc. So once you make mana, you should collect it any time you can*, regardless of if you need it. Eventually you will cap out at approximately 90% of what you make every 24 hours.

* The caveat is that if you won't need any mana for at least 10 days, and don't have something to reduce decay, you're mostly wasting your time, because anything you collect now will be at least 90% gone in 10 days.

fitress

Samidodamage & Ashrem - Once again, you are my heroes!

I jumped in to get the willows built and producing, but from what you're telling me, at this point, I shouldn't collect it since I'm still
researching to get to something to use it on??

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Samidodamage & Ashrem - Once again, you are my heroes!

I jumped in to get the willows built and producing, but from what you're telling me, at this point, I shouldn't collect it since I'm still
It doesn't hurt anything to collect it. If you don't need it in the next couple of weeks, it's somewhat wasted effort, but it's not much effort, and it doesn't cost you anything to harvest it.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I put in a bunch of willows and started stockpiling from the beginning. I covered the old Orc settlement area with them in addition to the ones I had already made permanent room for. Then, as I needed the space back, sold them off. I reached over 600K mana and I'm glad I did it. I'm down to about 300K now; settlement is built, but still upgrading. Some *permanent* willows were replaced with the Burning Pools I won in the event, and through all of that, I haven't waited on mana yet. Waiting on other stuff, yep, but not mana, lol!

fitress

Samidodamage - thank you. That was sort of my "strategy", but then I started over-thinking the decay and whatever, and managed to get myself totally confused. I'll just let 'er rip!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My experience is somewhat distorted by choosing to move slowly. I've been in Woodelves since September, and still have a bunch of techs to go. On the other hand, I've got about 100 levels in Ancient Wonders, now, so I'm getting 10k population from my mountain halls and golden abyss.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The caveat is that if you won't need any mana for at least 10 days, and don't have something to reduce decay, you're mostly wasting your time, because anything you collect now will be at least 90% gone in 10 days.

Just to be
me

The idea is right but the math is wrong
it won't be 90% less because it is a decreasing amount each day
look at it like this
Day 1 100 - 10% = 90
Day 2 90 - 10% = 81
etc

@Fitress A good way to check decay time is look at the research tree
look at a current research item that requires Mana
Where it says " 100000 mana " hover over the "100000"
It will show you your current mana and next decay
such as 140000 next decay 2:00am

So if you notice decay is coming soon
delay harvesting mana

DeletedUser3507

I have nothing to lessen decay, and I have just finished upgrading my roads at a cost of 4m mana, I make so much that I don't worry about decay and I don't use a dark matter aw.

But I am a unusual case...:p That finished chapter 12.

Last edited by a moderator: