• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

March Fellowship Adventure

LutherTheHairy

Well, the FA is upon us...I think. If Inno sticks to the day of week phasing they used with the recent Beta FA, the announcement and 2 day warning will probably come tomorrow. After surveying my fellowship, I sent out the following message about our Fellowship plan which might be worth a chuckle for you.

What are your fellowships doing?

--------

Subject: Fellowship Adventure...well, more like an inner tube trip down a river

Hiya Folks,

Well, the votes are in and responses ranged from no answer to wanting to avoid the FA completely, to not particularly thrilled but will support. Given the level of enthusiasm, I have decided to keep the goals mild. **No one has to participate at all if they do not wish to, and if someone just tosses in one badge to get the carting library, that is fine too.**

Our humble and very easy goal will be to complete the first stage and then just sit there throwing badges into whatever we like until near the end and then everyone who put a badge in someplace on the map will get a nice carting library and maybe some AWKP and some boosts.

Just for fun, maybe we will find we are able to complete the whole stage 1 map, but this is not even goal. If it happens yay. If not ...... yay !

The tracking workbook is here. https://xxxxxxxxx We will abandon it once we complete one path.

Please enter the number of workshops and T1 manufactories you think you might devote to the FA in columns C and D next to your name. Zero is a fine answer if you are not planning on playing.

Those who want to play will focus on completing the orange path, and after we have made enough badges for that , anything goes!

If anyone wants to take over handling the workbook, or steering the completion of the orange path, this is a great low pressure time to get learn the ropes. please, jump right in.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Right now I place WS in 2x2 and T1 where I have space. In my elf cities, I will use marble for 1 type and planks for another so my one and two days are easy to separate.
Good idea. I never thought to separate them by manufactory like that, and it's a good use of space too.

Magvenar

How do you decide on which color path to take (why orange)?

I’m in several fellowships that feel the same way, love the way you worded your comm.

Sprite1313

I’m in several fellowships that feel the same way, love the way you worded your comm.
You look at the badges required for each path, and which has the fewest required of the hardest to earn (e.g. the statues for 2-day productions). Then go with the path you think will be easiest for your FS.

Soleil Nightbloom

I look at what is easily attainable for my fellowship and take into account the players who are in earlier chapters. The orange path badges for the first stage are fair on all the players in my fellowship and everyone can contribute to the path which will get us towards the end quicker. I also keep constant communication with the players throughout the FA and ask them honestly if they feel they will be able to accomplish a certain amount of badges based on the current level they are at. For example, the arcane residue badge is difficult for players who do not have or have a low level MA. So, some of the advanced players in my fellowship decided to compensate for those players. The orange path for the first stage has fewer of the arcane residue which is another reason to follow that path.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, it is different which paths to choose once the change in badges was done. Before that there was always an easiest path for each stage, regardless of a fellowship's capabilities. But now it is different for different styles of fellowships.

Magvenar

I was thinking green green green too, overall seemed well suited to our mostly early chapters FS. If we jump to a different color via a waypoint, is that a big no no? For example, start green, but switch to orange along the way. Neither green nor orange would be completed but we would get to the end ... does that still work to “complete a path”?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
does that still work to “complete a path”?
Yes.
The orange path for the first stage has fewer of the arcane residue which is another reason to follow that path.
?? Not understanding this. For residue badges first stage orange requires 7, blue requires 3, green requires 4. Orange actually has the highest residue requirements for all three stages...

Silver Lady

Does anyone know when this FA is going to start? I was expecting an announcement today, but no sign of one. :confused:

Soleil Nightbloom

?? Not understanding this. For residue badges first stage orange requires 7, blue requires 3, green requires 4. Orange actually has the highest residue requirements for all three stages...
Sorry for the confusion, I forgot to include the other factors on why we decided to chose the orange path. In the last FA my fellowship had a lot of players between chapters 2-4. We felt that the other paths had way too many statues and blacksmiths badges and the other players felt it was difficult for them. Myself and the AM made the arcane residue that was needed for the orange path being that we were both in ch 6 at the time. That strategy seemed to work last time and we got through it pretty quickly. This time around everyone has progressed with most players in ch 5/ ch 6 with evolved MA’s and with myself in ch 9 I can continue to help with the harder badges. So, for this FA when we collaborate together and decide what path to take it might be the green path. Not sure yet :)

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
It is thought by some that they will Announce tomorrow and launch on Thursday because the release notes should be coming in to fix the checkmark bug.
They really are running out of time. Phoenix started on Beta last Thursday and should run on live next Thursday.

LutherTheHairy

Curious what ratio of workshops to T1 people use

when we are actually playing to a serious goal, it depends on the city. Typically I would direct some cities to focus on status/necklaces and others on farmers/blacksmiths. We don't like people to feel like they have to disrupt their cities much, so it becomes a matter of deciding what to cram into the open space. I typically teleport away my armories (I think it was @Darielle that gave me that idea) which frees up space AND population for the pop up buildings, but others just leave everything in place.

This last FA, I noticed that the early chapter cities have an easier time making elvarian guards and coin sacks...but those are almost always surplus badges anyway.

Last edited:

LutherTheHairy

Orange does require more of the dreaded Arcane Residues but it is still a low number and also requires the fewest blacksmiths and statues. since we are only doing one stage, arcane residues don't really matter.

I believe we did orange green orange last time, and arcane residues nearly sunk us! I might choose differently if we were going all the way this time. As is spending a few extra ARs on the orange path makes no difference. 7 are just as certain to get as 3 or 4.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If we jump to a different color via a waypoint, is that a big no no?
It's ok, but it almost never works out better because you have to do BOTH waypoints to switch paths.
waypoint.png