• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

March Fellowship Adventure

Dew Spinner

Just a little clarification on this: Removing armories does not reduce how many troops you can make per week directly.

Using the simplest of numbers:
  1. If your barracks can make 10 archers in 10 hours with 10 armories( that's 1 per hour), then
  2. Your barracks will make 1 archer in 1 hour with zero armories- (that's still 1 per hour)
So the only difference is that with 10 armories you have to open your barracks and queue up troops every 10 hours so that it keeps working all the time vs with zero armories you have to open it up and re-queue every hour so there will be "down time" if you sleep.
In either situation, you can still make 1 archer per hour max.

To run a test yourself clear your training cue and fill it up with and without your armories connected to your mainhall by road.
You can also use this calculator: www.tinyurl.com/trainingcalc
I can't take the down time, need to be training troops all the time.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I hear the rewards are too small to bother to use diamonds or to bother too much at all.
I think @Nectar of the Gods was saying that using diamonds to upgrade your MA is a good use of diamonds for overall game play, not that it's worth it just for the FA's. Higher level MA's have way shorter times for producing spells (mine produce CC's exclusively and they're 6hrs each at lvl 5 as are IM spells; supply spells and culture spells are 4hrs each and MM spells are 6hrs). An additional benefit (to newer cities or cities that don't play Spire or have ungodly numbers of Spire sets) is higher levels also provide more spell fragments for disenchanting items.

Sprite1313

I usually delete my craftable buildings like orc nests and mana sawmills. I take a production and culture hit for a while, but crafting them gives me residue badges and buildings in my current chapter, and that gives me a decent amount of space for FA buildings without disrupting my guest race. Of course, if the timing works, the guest race space is ideal for building a tent city.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Just a little clarification on this: Removing armories does not reduce how many troops you can make per week directly.

Using the simplest of numbers:
  1. If your barracks can make 10 archers in 10 hours with 10 armories( that's 1 per hour), then
  2. Your barracks will make 1 archer in 1 hour with zero armories- (that's still 1 per hour)
So the only difference is that with 10 armories you have to open your barracks and queue up troops every 10 hours so that it keeps working all the time vs with zero armories you have to open it up and re-queue every hour so there will be "down time" if you sleep.
In either situation, you can still make 1 archer per hour max.

To run a test yourself clear your training cue and fill it up with and without your armories connected to your mainhall by road.
You can also use this calculator: www.tinyurl.com/trainingcalc
If it were just coming in every hour, it wouldn't be bad. It's possible that you are at a higher level and you don't have to collect as fast as I do. With no armories, if I fill one slot, I don't even have enough time to do a set of brews before it's ready, lol.

Edit: I've recently upgraded both my barracks and my armories by quite a bit, to max them. It's possible that it would be different this FA. I'll be curious to check that out.

Magvenar

ElvenGems has an explanation about badge totals and how the totals for all paths are fewer than it would appear from the number of badges listed for each individual path. They include the start flag in the total number of badges needed for each path. Stage 1 start flag requires 2 brewers, so those are included in each of the individual path color listings. For orange only, it's 2 brewers for start flag and 9 brewers for all the orange dots, making the total needed to do just the orange path 11. Facebook doesn't include the start flag in path totals but instead has a statement at the bottom of each stage giving the start flag badge requirements.

We started prepping for a Tuesday launch. Got the in-game announcement when I logged in this morning (about 30 min ago)that it launches Thursday.

Much appreciated Sami!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
We plan way in advance. We build to improve our score about 5% each FA because the scores keep going up. We count our dedicated workshops and T1 and find a ratio of 6:1 was, in the past, a good one. 6 WS for each T1 Set. Now that you don't need quite so many T1 mfrs to make a badge (5 vs 6 before the change) we are still working on it.

We take a good look at our previous performance and see what we achieved. We calculate it based upon dedicated squares vs scores achieved (or number of badges). We find that in analyzing other fellowships the higher the number the higher the ranking...in general.

In any case, once we figure out where we were weak, we start building to upgrade that. We will have a few more large T1 Boosted mfrs this time around and that should help with bracelets. We have also set goals for crafting and discussed how to craft as efficiently as possible -- including saving up a bunch of CC's and time instants so you an craft 2-3 things (or more) each cycle.

Then, as the FA approaches we each report T1 and WS we are each doing. Well, most of us report...LOL. Nobody is required to do anything, btw, and I while I can tell you who did what on which waypoint, I and the FA Officer are the only ones who know. Once we know who is going to do what, we choose our paths. Usually we do all stage 1 and 2 and one path on all the waypoints on stage 3. Choosing is based upon knowing what we struggled with and lowering those numbers. Last time we had over 100 more statues than we needed ...so we know we can do statues. This time I looked and took the green because, as Soggy noted, it's the most balanced.

Finally, the path is almost irrelevant when you are large enough to do them as they are usually done by day 3. Most of the badges we need will be for the Pit and since we plan that too, we know ahead of time what we are going to need. We seldom run out of the 24 or 48 hour items.

It's all in the planning and communication you do during and even between each FA. Track what you did and how you did and after a few FA's you can more easily predict what your fs can and can not do.

AJ

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Why can't the rest of your fellowship see who did what? Is there a setting to make it a secret?
Anyone can see while the map is still up. But it goes away when you flip to the next stage or into the pits. It's a matter of whether or not someone is keeping a record of those contributions elsewhere. In one of my FS, I track it during the FA, but I ditch the data at the end of each stage. I could keep it, but why? I truly don't care who does the most or the least. It's a team activity and as long as we reach team goals, who cares? Really, the best reason for doing the FA is the camaraderie and just plain fun you can have with it. It's certainly not the prizes, even if you go for rank, lol! We've never failed to rank in the top 20 unless we were just burned out on them and only did 1 path/stage and quit. We've made the top 10 four times. It's been over a year since we did the 1 path/stage, because that was just too boring, lol! I just don't see the point in keeping a historical scorecard. Trust me, if there's a member who consistently deviates from the team plan, you'll know and so will most of your FS members!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Why can't the rest of your fellowship see who did what? Is there a setting to make it a secret?

Because we have a very fancy spreadsheet which we fill out as we go. It takes about 15 minutes per stage to do so and in the end we know how many of what badges each person gave at each waypoint. When we plan we try to predict based upon individual efficiencies (badges per dedicated squares) the performance level of the player and assign a point value to their their efficiency. This gives us an overall idea of how much they are likely to contribute given their current space considerations. Why others can't see it is because we choose to keep all the evaluations in leadership to avoid any hurt feelings. Some players have all kinds of space but are quite inefficient in using it or on line so irregularly that their efficiency score it pretty low. But since we don't require any participation, it doesn't go into any evaluation of if we should keep them or not. It's just so we can predict where we will end up.

In the end our predictions for the last 4-5 FA's has been too low. We usually expect to place around 10th when we actually do the fs (as versus testing a new format, which we did once), and we have placed in 5th, 6th, 10th (I believe) and 12th in the last 4 we actually participated in.

Again, it's all in the planning and execution of a clear plan, in my opinion.

@samidodamage You asked: "I could keep [the data], but why?" I do hope you can see the opportunites in doing so above. As you can see I like being able to predict what my fs can do so I don't suggest goals too difficult, which can be discouraging. It's not about ranking or finding out who is not "up to snuff," but simply knowing what my fs can and cannot do. Since we continue to improve and haven't lost anybody due to discouragement for a long, long, time, I suspect it's working. ;)

AJ

Last edited:

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
It is not Inno's fault in general that the US servers got a late announcement. It has been that way for a long time and it is the US dev team at fault. The announcement showed on non-US servers about 6 hours ago, or just about exactly 48 hours before the FA starts.

I don't think we get the FA announcements later anymore on the US server (but I do get more announcements, e.g. release notes, on the German server). I have a tiny German city just to read news there which I started cause some time ago we got FA announcements earlier there.

I got the message in game on the US server Tuesday 10 AM (CET), so 48+ hours before the FA starts (I think it started 11 AM (CET) on beta). Still really late to setup city and prepare statues though:(

Well, the FA is upon us...I think. If Inno sticks to the day of week phasing they used with the recent Beta FA, the announcement and 2 day warning will probably come tomorrow. After surveying my fellowship, I sent out the following message about our Fellowship plan which might be worth a chuckle for you.

What are your fellowships doing?

--------

Subject: Fellowship Adventure...well, more like an inner tube trip down a river

Hiya Folks,

Well, the votes are in and responses ranged from no answer to wanting to avoid the FA completely, to not particularly thrilled but will support. Given the level of enthusiasm, I have decided to keep the goals mild. **No one has to participate at all if they do not wish to, and if someone just tosses in one badge to get the carting library, that is fine too.**

Our humble and very easy goal will be to complete the first stage and then just sit there throwing badges into whatever we like until near the end and then everyone who put a badge in someplace on the map will get a nice carting library and maybe some AWKP and some boosts.

Just for fun, maybe we will find we are able to complete the whole stage 1 map, but this is not even goal. If it happens yay. If not ...... yay !

The tracking workbook is here. https://xxxxxxxxx We will abandon it once we complete one path.

Please enter the number of workshops and T1 manufactories you think you might devote to the FA in columns C and D next to your name. Zero is a fine answer if you are not planning on playing.

Those who want to play will focus on completing the orange path, and after we have made enough badges for that , anything goes!

If anyone wants to take over handling the workbook, or steering the completion of the orange path, this is a great low pressure time to get learn the ropes. please, jump right in.
we know the day anybody know the time it starts

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It's always started 5am Eastern for me, so that coincides with Aritra's 4am Central. I would expect it to be the same.