• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mini quests(missions) upgrade needed

DeletedUser2634

I am getting very tired of cycling through the mini quests to get to the ones that I can complete quickly each day. I work 8-16 hours each day 1.5-3 hours from home. Can not bring or get on a computer the whole time. I play for 1 hour tops before work and 1 hour before sleep. I could accomplish much more if I did not have to click slowly through the 23 different quests to get to the ones I can complete quickly. If they were put in a pull down menu and selected by clicking a box or allowing each quest to run simultaneously without clicking any box. Just a pop up that gives bonus when anyone of them is complete. IE I have 2 silk mills and 2 magic dust mills and set them for 9 hour build I come home from a 14 hour work/travel day and collect my resource and get two messages saying bonus. First says silk bonus collected heres your bonus then second says you have magic dust collection bonus click here to recieve. The pull down menu with the box clicking would allow for less changing of current system, but the running simultaneous with just click to collect would make game play faster. You guys used my suggestion on adding a visit box to game which I really appriciate and just wanted you to know that you are very much appriciated.

DeletedUser627

Hi, nihonto.

I could accomplish much more if I did not have to click slowly through the 23 different quests to get to the ones I can complete quickly.

This is one of the most-debated Elvenar subjects - we've nearly come to blows over the subject, well, verbal blows, anyway. There are two groups of thought.

Players who migrated here from other Inno games are generally of the opinion that Inno didn't really intend for players to be able to do what you just describe - scroll through the declinable quests and cherry pick the ones we want. It's rather a badge of honor amongst them that repeatedly declining Quests is somehow less than honourable: anything from cheating to taking unfair advantage of developers mistake.

On the other hand, players like me - without any pre-suppositions - started logically doing what you do: playing the game as allowed and declining quests when it was to my advantage to do so. It's a pretty obvious strategy, and I didn't see any reason to suppose the developers would have overlooked its implementation - they invented the option to decline, so they'd have to be dead stupid to think we wouldn't do so.

Based on everything we've seen and heard during the past year or so, we're lucky to have any remaining Declinable Quests at all. The developers tried to eliminate them on Beta long ago, and the player response was vehement. It's unlikely that they intend to do anything to make it more convenient for us to use the feature and, in my opinion, likely that they'll continue to lower the rewards and attempt to phase it out.

I'm sure we'd all appreciate as much input as you care to give - your perspectives are a once-a-day-player are really helpful. Ciao.

DeletedUser188

Players who migrated here from other Inno games are generally of the opinion that Inno didn't really intend for players to be able to do what you just describe - scroll through the declinable quests and cherry pick the ones we want. It's rather a badge of honor amongst them that repeatedly declining Quests is somehow less than honourable: anything from cheating to taking unfair advantage of developers mistake.
Do you play any other inno games I suspect you dont
I play another inno game and from my experience there they are encouraging the type of behavior you say they don't want regarding the looping quests
They are available in every age and the players take full advantage especially when they enter each new age
There is a Great Building (ancient wonder) that increases the rewards % and the rewards are far better
Along with gold or supplies you can win goods ,medals, Forge point(K.P.) packs ,Yes they have packs of points you can store to use later
extra military troops and even the occasional set of diamonds Yes inno gives away diamonds in their other games
When I started Elvenar I built my city to take advantage of quests out of habit and thought the meager rewards would eventually change to more appealing stuff but it didn't happen ,still hasn't happened and will never happen
So I changed course and built a city that doesn't need to rely on those stupid mind-numbing worthless quests
I think they just didn't want that to be main part of Elvenar
Now I am done goofing off here in Elvenar for today going back over to play a real game with worthwhile rewards for my time spent there

DeletedUser627

Do you play any other inno games I suspect you dont
I play another inno game and from my experience there they are encouraging the type of behavior you say they don't want regarding the looping quests
They are available in every age and the players take full advantage especially when they enter each new age
There is a Great Building (ancient wonder) that increases the rewards % and the rewards are far better
Along with gold or supplies you can win goods ,medals, Forge point(K.P.) packs ,Yes they have packs of points you can store to use later
extra military troops and even the occasional set of diamonds Yes inno gives away diamonds in their other games
When I started Elvenar I built my city to take advantage of quests out of habit and thought the meager rewards would eventually change to more appealing stuff but it didn't happen ,still hasn't happened and will never happen
So I changed course and built a city that doesn't need to rely on those stupid mind-numbing worthless quests
I think they just didn't want that to be main part of Elvenar
Now I am done goofing off here in Elvenar for today going back over to play a real game with worthwhile rewards for my time spent there

This is fascinating, Andrew! Nearly everyone who came down hard on "quest flipping" was an Inno player, so I seem to have made a connection where they may have been none. Thanks!

DeletedUser2634

I waited a respectable time for opinions to be posted. It boils down to this. This game will fail if there are not more people to trade with. Seems that all the "new people" are brought in in waves from booster packs from other games. Join, build x,y and z and get free stuff from the game you really want to play. I am surrounded by dead players. It is obvious that the world neighbors were made to bolster the individual characters. While the main substance comes from the Fellowships. With the world full of dropouts it limits the game for all but the lucky ones that land near people not in their fellowship but that play enough to trade. I asked about consolidating the world down each time they have a house cleaning but INNO said it was not possible and be fair to all so no one will be moved. I like this game and Lord knows I spent enough to stay but there are bugs here that are real hindrances to fun play. The PULL DOWN option just makes sense, it allows for those of us who can only play for 2 small windows per day. If I can't get this minor upgrade then I will just continue without purchasing anymore diamonds and grow at the forced rate that no diamonds demand. which is at least 1/4 of the speed I am currently.

DeletedUser3087

I waited a respectable time for opinions to be posted. It boils down to this. This game will fail if there are not more people to trade with. Seems that all the "new people" are brought in in waves from booster packs from other games. Join, build x,y and z and get free stuff from the game you really want to play. I am surrounded by dead players. It is obvious that the world neighbors were made to bolster the individual characters. While the main substance comes from the Fellowships. With the world full of dropouts it limits the game for all but the lucky ones that land near people not in their fellowship but that play enough to trade. I asked about consolidating the world down each time they have a house cleaning but INNO said it was not possible and be fair to all so no one will be moved. I like this game and Lord knows I spent enough to stay but there are bugs here that are real hindrances to fun play. The PULL DOWN option just makes sense, it allows for those of us who can only play for 2 small windows per day. If I can't get this minor upgrade then I will just continue without purchasing anymore diamonds and grow at the forced rate that no diamonds demand. which is at least 1/4 of the speed I am currently.

:confused:I disagree with you. They are moving see this thread about the watch at Felyndral Neighborhood Watch

DeletedUser2634

The patterns change as you gain world ranking. I am currently flucuating at about #42. I found out about the disguarded miniquest at about #ranking 400 and have seen at least 3 changes to the requirements and or gifts as well as the actual missions which take into account your place on the research tree. My newest rotating quests have granite requirements and level 11 builds which is up from level 6 at the begining of my noticing them.

Not sure what the talk about tracking players comes from. Will go back and reread posts.

I went back and reread the thread and think my initial interpretation of patterns was wrong that you were talking about character placement patterns and if that is the case:
first not my chat discussion here.(and I have not noticed anyone actually moved from one location to another)
Second the patterns I am speaking of are in the minquests offered, the same 23 +- are rotated through over and over reguardless if you dismiss them or not. Since the programmers have seen fit to make the miniquest rotate why not just make a PULL DOWN SCREEN. I produce several amounts of Silk, per quest critiria, while Planks and Dust I make just enough or not quite enough for 1 quest. I feel that rotating through 3 complete sets of quest to get to the 3 silk ones I need are a waste of my time. Which IMHO should be spent on my city, discovering new neighbors and HH.

Last edited by a moderator: