• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Modern Residences in Elementals

LightningEnajhtur

Somewhere I read that I can get rid of some residences in Elementals. Now I can't find where I read that. I miss Elven Gems! Does anyone know anything about how many residences you should have in elementls? TIA

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
No one can answer this for you. How many houses you need depends on how many manufactories, WS, and armories you have. It also matters exactly which wonders you have and what levels they are, your tournament and spire participation level, and your other buildings(culture/pop, evolve, pet, etc.).

Glandeh

You have probably read this on Elvengems :). I remember reading the same, but it might have been about another chapter. Every time the residences grow in size, they house significantly more pop, quite often so much more that you need less of them. However, it's next to impossible to say how many you can sell or store. Play a bit with it in the city planner.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
A good rule of thumb, is to teleport a couple of them if they are changing size. There were no teleport spells when ElvenGems' guides were written, by the way.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The rule of thumb for me is that I place event builds and the like that give pop, cult, or give me something that I need like supplies and coins. If I start running out of gold/supplies in order to support my city... then I place something else. I play the spire in the vain hope that I will win a magic workshop or a magic residence...both of which are lovely to have.

LightningEnajhtur

You have probably read this on Elvengems :). I remember reading the same, but it might have been about another chapter. Every time the residences grow in size, they house significantly more pop, quite often so much more that you need less of them. However, it's next to impossible to say how many you can sell or store. Play a bit with it in the city planner.
Thanks for your advice!

Ariel Greensleeves

Best way to figure this out: Elvenstats/Elvenarchitect
I upload my current city, then upgrade all the buildings (WS, fxy, MH, etc) in it to the level they will be when I have completed all research for the chapter (use wiki to figure this out). Add expansions freely and don't worry about layout. Then open up the reports page to see what sort of deficit you will have in your population. (Make sure under settings you are not counting buildings that are off the map.) There will always be a deficit, unless you currently have a huge pop surplus. Then (still in architect) upgrade residences one by one until you meet the ultimate chapter requirements. Upgrade magic WS and R if you have enough blueprints in stock. At this chapter level, it gets tricky, bc you have many other buildings to provide population. You can play around with upgrading Golden Abyss or Mountain Halls (if you have it), using royal restorations on evolving buildings, etc. You may also be able to start decreasing the number of factories and WS you have, bc they get much more efficient as well as bigger. The reports function will do all the math. Then its just a matter of figuring out how to pack all the necessary buildings into the space you have/will have.