• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Money Collection

• Thread starter DeletedUser1094
  • Start date

DeletedUser1094

It would be nice if we had auto coin collection on the houses when we're not on line. The way it works now if you're not online 24/7 to collect your coins you are just out of luck to get ahead therefore, having an auto coin collection or button like in FOE but cheap cost would be great.

DeletedUser61

You can collect, and thereby reset your houses, once they're 10% of the way into their cycle. The HOUSING Icons popup up early in the cycle, but the coins keep right on accumulating. The higher the level, the longer the cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1094

You and your Standard answers Katwijk, you never give anything but stock answers. This is a suggestion FOE has auto collect we should have it too. Do you really believe players log on and stay on watching the screen LOL. Auto collect is the way to go.

DeletedUser61

FOE has auto collect we should have it too
This simply isn't correct. In FoE you CAN'T collect from houses until the end of their cycle, as indicated by a coins icon, and no additional coins will accumulate until to DO collect. There's no auto collect anywhere in FoE, unless you want to include the awards from the Great Buildings.

In Elvenar the coins icon appears at around 10% for residences, and you can collect your coins at any point between 10%-100% and you'll get the appropriate percentage of the coins. The supply and goods building may only be collected at the end of the cycle, as is the case with ALL of the buildings in FoE.

DeletedUser627

You and your Standard answers Katwijk, you never give anything but stock answers. This is a suggestion FOE has auto collect we should have it too. Do you really believe players log on and stay on watching the screen LOL. Auto collect is the way to go.

Katwijk just makes kissing noises toward anything Inno developers do, without any thought. I generally don't disrespect individuals online, but he [if he really exists] is ridiculous.

That said, NO AUTO COLLECT! The "Gain 200k coin" is one of the few decent remaining quests, and it would be disappointing to see my houses rolling over if I'm offline at the wrong time. That said, I'm sure Inno will do their Grinch thing now - I can see the devs rubbing their palms and saying, "yes, now we know what to take away next - muah hahahha".

DeletedUser61

I've been playing city builders for YEARS, and I happen to think that the developers are very much on the right track.

Many of us have seen this opera before, and think it's sort of amusing when folks
  • Get all hysterical when they trap themselves by abusing repeatable quests, and the developers yank away their candy
  • Aggressively conquer sectors and THEN complain that Rune Shards are too expensive because they've painted themselves into a corner
  • Gag at a gnat and swallow a camel

Jixel

• Aggressively conquer sectors and THEN complain that Rune Shards are too expensive because they've painted themselves into a corner

Hang on ... what's the one resource that's the most precious in this game ? Space.
There are only so many expansions available throughout the game (even including Premium), so expanding through Province conquest is a perfectly reasonable way to play.
To then change the game so that suddenly you're at a disadvantage from the previous perfectly reasonably tactics is, I'd say, quite ... unreasonable :)

DeletedUser61

To then change the game so that suddenly you're at a
disadvantage from the previous perfectly reasonably tactics
is, I'd say, quite ... unreasonable :)

We've seen this Opera before
Haste Makes Waste - It's an old concept.

Chapter and Verse? Proverbs 19:2
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Proverbs 19:2
KoolAid.jpg

DeletedUser594

I played FoE for over 3 years. It does not have an auto collect that continuously collects for you when away. It has an option where you can pay diamonds to pick up everything in your city 1 time which seems like an extravagant way to avoid scrolling over your buildings for the truly lazy. The collection system works to your advantage here as you can pick up anywhere along the cycle instead of losing value by being late for pick ups as you would in FoE since value no longer adds after collection is ready until you pick up.

DeletedUser594

Hang on ... what's the one resource that's the most precious in this game ? Space.
There are only so many expansions available throughout the game (even including Premium), so expanding through Province conquest is a perfectly reasonable way to play.
To then change the game so that suddenly you're at a disadvantage from the previous perfectly reasonably tactics is, I'd say, quite ... unreasonable :)
Agreed.
I am with katwjick on the other two points but if the game rewards fighting then why wouldn't someone fight? For me it's one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game and one of the areas I feel the dev's did a great job of creating a challenging puzzle to solve with multiple variations. I think it would be fair if they were to restock those provinces with armies at my current level of difficulty. Then I get nothing for "free", I still have to unlock them again, I don't get the advantage of the knowledge gained or troop upgrades bcs they are set to my current enemy level and not the earlier level and I get to enjoy more battles. I think that's a fair compromise.

DeletedUser627

Katwijk, I started playing this game because it could be played actively. Now there's nothing to do. Flipping quests wasn't candy, it was something to do...something I paid for. I didn't pay to play and game that now is just a watching activity. Watch and wait for 3 hours, click a few times, watch and wait for another 3 hours. Now I'm stuck because I've put $ into the game and don't want to walk away.

I actively discourage anyone from starting this bait-and-switch game. Inno still lures players with plenty of early opportunity for activity - giving the misleading representation that this game involves tasks to perform to occupy one's time - a basic definition of a "game".

In all your regurgitating maxims, you never address this question. What's your oh-so-brilliant excuse intended to make Inno look like Santa and players look like greedy children?

If you're a real player, yes, I'm sure you've been playing city games for years...probably you keep multiple games open and like to flip from one to the other. AND you feel entitled to be a top scorer even though you don't want to put the time into the game to get there. People like me, who do put time into Elvenar, are objects you resent simply because you feel entitled to some superior position. Do you want to be a top scorer without putting in the time.

Expert is as expert does. If you think your little city, where you haven't even made it to a copper mine yet, qualifies you to lead and guide the rest of Elvenar...wow is all I can say. ,You don't want to spend time on useless mouse clicks, but really, how much time have you wasted with useless Forum posts? I mean, isn't it abundantly clear to all that the sum total of your contribution is propaganda?

DeletedUser61

I'm sure you've been playing city games for years.
I'm also an Electrical Engineer, a Construction Project Manager, a Microsoft Certified Trainer, I have an MBA with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, I manage a major FoE Guild, and I have seven grandkids and two cats.

PolarBear.jpg

It's all the same game.

And yes, I always have several irons in the fire.

DeletedUser43

Many of us have seen this opera before, and think it's sort of amusing when folks
  • Get all hysterical when they trap themselves by abusing repeatable quests, and the developers yank away their candy
  • Gag at a gnat and swallow a camel

1. There is no need to attack customers of this game. Without customers there wouldn't be a game.

2. You use the term abusing...that is a foolish and naive term. When an action is a part of a game and you take that action, that is called "playing".

3. What on earth are you talking about when you try to blame customers for conquering sectors? That is the game. You conquer sectors so you can play the game. You don't seem to understand the issue. If you have been playing this game since day one, then this new rune structure punishes you. If you are just getting to that level, you have a great advantage because your sectors are still cheap and take a shorter time to get. Players are complaining that the loyal longstanding customers shouldn't be punished for being here longer. Or are you going to tell me that you think it is good to harm customers for their loyalty?

In fact, come to think of it, all these comments attack people for playing this game. How odd a stance.

DeletedUser61

There's a third possibility that you need to consider.

Many of us realized that getting carried away with conquering sectors was a VERY short sighted strategy, and therefore only conquered sectors when quest rewards were available. Now that Rune Shards are available we're sitting in Fat City, with a lot of cheap sectors that are still available.

You have somehow confused burnout with success, and I don't buy it.

DeletedUser43

Many of us realized that getting carried away with conquering sectors was a VERY short sighted strategy

I don't know what you are talking about. Are you playing the same game? If you don't conquer sectors you don't get any expansions. No expansions, no place to build anything. No place to build anything, no game. Again, you are saying that playing this game is a short sighted strategy to playing this game. You aren't making any sense.

Now that Rune Shards are available we're sitting in Fat City

So....you are telling me that your strategy the past 9 months has been to not have any city to build because you were waiting for Rune Shards, a feature that wasn't even available until this week. Again...you aren't making any sense.

But we are very afield of the original good suggestion that the devs add an ability that would make this game more friendly and welcoming (allow some goods to be transferred for free). I support the original idea.

DeletedUser61

are telling me that your strategy the past 9 months has been to not have any city to build because you were waiting for Rune Shards, a feature that wasn't even available until this week
That's exactly what I'm telling you or, more broadly, I think I have a pretty good feel for where the developers are going, and I'm planning accordingly. Here's something, from six months ago, that still need to be improved.
I think a vector would be more useful - indicate a player name, or a type of relic, or whatever, and the interface says it's so many sectors thataway.
tomtom.jpg

The vector from your own city would always be shown and, so long as we're dreaming, could be bookmarked for a subsequent return.

My preferred playing style is "Just In Time with Just Enough" so I'm after a comfortable balance that considers aesthetics, costs, and results. For my tastes, having "more than enough" of anything is very nearly a mortal sin, because it's an indicator that your resources were allocated improperly.

One of the things that the developers are doing, and very well indeed, is providing us with a game that's not vulnerable to pushing and gold sellers, and that's why I think the Donation Concept would be a step in the wrong direction.

Likewise, the repeatable quests have been restructured to "prevent" folks from playing an obsessive carpel tunnel game, and also to prevent folks from hammering the servers with click fests.

So yeah - 9 months, and we're still on release 0.28.1954-69052f4-(master) (2015-11-03 11:42). The developers still have some support work that's needed for the Ancient Wonders package, they're obviously not happy with the World Map yet, and visitation could be a lot more convenient, but unless the developers have some sort of surprise up their sleeve, I think we'll see release 1.0 well before Christmas break.

DeletedUser43

My preferred playing style is "Just In Time with Just Enough" so I'm after a comfortable balance that considers aesthetics, costs, and results. For my tastes, having "more than enough" of anything is very nearly a mortal sin.

Enough with the holier than thou comments. You aren't superior to anyone. You don't even know what you are talking about. Your comments are so off the mark it doesn't even make sense to reply. You need expansions in order to build things in this city building game. So, enough. I happen to like playing Elvenar and I like the players here. It isn't ok of you to attack any player directly or implicitly.

If you want to play a game where you don't actually play in hopes that in the future you will play it better, then you go right ahead. In fact, if you don't play at all and come back in 5 years, I am sure your hindsight will be 20/20. Some players here are pioneering and forging ahead right now. They are playing the game they have in front of them, they are not standing still and being afraid to make a move in case something changes in the future. Without them, playing and spending money, btw, you wouldn't have a game at all.

DeletedUser61

You don't even know what you are talking about. Your comments are so off the mark it doesn't even make sense to reply.
There's obviously a lot that you don't know about Supply Chain Management.
Supply chain management (SCM) is the oversight of materials, information, and finances as they move in a process from supplier to manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer to consumer. Supply chain management involves coordinating and integrating these flows both within and among companies. It is said that the ultimate goal of any effective supply chain management system is to reduce inventory (with the assumption that products are available when needed).
A few of us DO understand the concepts, and have made a career of SCM.

Elvenar uses a supply chain model that's complex enough to be interesting.

DeletedUser1094

This simply isn't correct. In FoE you CAN'T collect from houses until the end of their cycle, as indicated by a coins icon, and no additional coins will accumulate until to DO collect. There's no auto collect anywhere in FoE, unless you want to include the awards from the Great Buildings.

In Elvenar the coins icon appears at around 10% for residences, and you can collect your coins at any point between 10%-100% and you'll get the appropriate percentage of the coins. The supply and goods building may only be collected at the end of the cycle, as is the case with ALL of the buildings in FoE.