• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mountain halls ripoff

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A person with 9 factories gets more out of it than someone with 3 but less than someone with 20.
Exactly. For a person who intends to fight every possible fight they can, and will need goods primarily for building and upgrading, the Mountain Halls is unlikely to be a solid strategy. For the person who primarily negotiates, so is devoting a large chunk of their city to factories, it's a much different choice.

DeletedUser8192

Right, at level 1 it takes up 24 squares, and saves 24 squares.
If you have 4 of each factory it saves you 32, if you have 5 of each, it saves 40. All at level 1 mountain halls.

Yes, since the only scenario I tested was with my level 23 factories, I assumed max boost.

This doesn't factor in support buildings. For example, a level 23 gem factory needs roughly
24 squares
2 road tiles
45 squares of workshops (assuming 150% culture)
53 squares of residences for the gem factory
35 squares of residences for the workshops
41 squares of culture for res/ws/gem (assuming 340 culture per square from pole of donations) to get 150% culture

Once you start to factor everything into what you need to run a Gem factory, it's closer to 200 squares than the 24 that the building itself takes up.
That is what I tried to do for each tier, and then see how the Mountain halls compares to the GA.

And this ^^^folks Is just one of the reasons I tell new players to "go to the forum and look for Soggy posts"
*I do recommend other folks too, don't feel bad*

Very nice Soggy, thanks for taking the time to make the game better understood, and a bit less frustrating for so many players :D

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardKrieg

Yep, Mountain Halls is a ripoff. Was just told it is based on the base...what a crock. Have a free upgrade (6) coming for it and it will be my last.
All my boosted are maxed and Mountain Halls was at 736%, Upgraded it went to 740%...a 4% increase, so, thought I would write down all the numbers (before upgrade) to see just what I got and if in fact it was a true 4% increase.
Recently upgraded it, here is what happened.
Lvl 19 Planks went from 955 to 1000. An approx 4% increase....I was pleased
Lvl 12 Silk went from 745 to 748. up 3 units
Lvl 9 Gems went from 962 to 966. up 4 units
I contacted support, they told me it was based on the base....why was I never told this before? Why did planks go up 4% and others did not?
As of today, they still can not give me a positive answer as to the diff. Am becoming very discouraged by these practices.....The population nurfing is still very fresh in my mind.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

I contacted support, they told me it was based on the base....why was I never told this before? Why did planks go up 4% and others did not?
What is your percent boost for Planks? What is it for Silk? What is it for Gems?

DeletedUser9247

Did you count it from base productions?
MT boost- 72%
so [base prod] x [%] / 100 = [MT boost]
Planks lvl 24 regular 350, relic 2450, MT 252 =72%
Scrolls lvl 23 regular 334, relic 2338, MT 241- rounded up from 240,48=72,15%
Dust lvl 23 regular 402, relic 2814, MT 290- rounded up from 289,44=72,13%

Everything checks out for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9601

And to get to the root of the issue (whether or not the game code is miscalculating your particular boost):
a. I think it would be really hard (and probably overwhelming for those not math-inclined) to give the level of detail needed in a tooltip to show all of these calculations that we're doing. Especially when you factor in the language differences/things being lost in translation
b. even if the tooltip is misleading, Mountain Halls is still a very good wonder, and nearly all players have and should have it.