• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Multiplayer Spire of Eternity feedback

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Just thought I'd let you know, the issue was on my end and it was a browser issue. I was using Chrome (and it's set to auto update). ...face-palmed when I realized I had not tried a different browser... Tried Firefox and it behaved as expected. Went to Chrome, forced an update, and now it behaves as expected there as well. :)

Kekune

Just thought I'd let you know, the issue was on my end and it was a browser issue. I was using Chrome (and it's set to auto update). ...face-palmed when I realized I had not tried a different browser... Tried Firefox and it behaved as expected. Went to Chrome, forced an update, and now it behaves as expected there as well. :)

Thank you. I'm also using chrome... I'll go force that update, too.

KarlD

When the Spire first began I tried it the first couple of weeks and decided I kinda hated it and swore I wouldn't do it anymore. But then Sunday would come and I didn't really have anything to do, so I did it anyway and got more comfortable with it and decided the prizes were not so bad after all and I had the resources to do it so why not do something to get some different rewards than what I've been getting in the tourney. Then the multiplayer feature got added and I was suddenly getting a ton of time instants as well as diamonds, CC spells, and other goodies. Now I'm consistently completing the entire Spire and I'm encouraging others to get as active in the Spire as they can. I would like to someday get the top prize chest for the group level prizes.

I find the Spire to be relatively easy to get through. When I say "relatively easy" I mean it's perfectly doable (for me) and the benefits far outweigh the costs and effort. There are only 48 Spire encounters to do over 5 days. That's relatively little compared to tourneying. Even if you count each Spire encounter as 2 tourney encounters because of the multiple waves that's 96 tourney encounters over 5 days; like doing 4 rounds of 6 provinces. That's not that much. Now that we have a full fs I think we will consistently reach the Laboratory level of group prizes. So The pay off just in terms of the group level prizes is 125 diamonds, 12 CC spells, 18 5-hr instants, and 2 10% Portal Profits. That alone is well worth the cost and effort to me, but in the process you get the individual prize chests that give even more goodies including magic buildings.

So I looked at all these benefits and I wondered why so many people don't at least complete the 2nd level. For me the cost of troops isn't really a factor. The time instants I win more than allow me to replace the troops I lose. I do occasionally have to negotiate and sometimes use diamonds, but find that I win more diamonds than I spend. What I've concluded is the main factor that separates me from most other players is that I like to manually fight. Knowing how to manually fight makes a HUGE difference. There are encounters where you are stuck behind a wall and if you choose the wrong troops for that terrain and use autofight you could be wiped out in one wave let alone two or three waves. You really need to know how to choose and move your troops if you are going to get through multiple waves. I think most people don't want to learn how to fight manually and that's what makes the Spire so difficult and costly for them.

KarlD

I really like the spire. When I started the game I liked fighting manual, but that got rather boring except for the difficult ones. Now it's impossible with an average tourney score over 6K in my 10-chest FS. The ability to take some time to analyze the situation, especially the 2 and 3 wave battles is a new challenge. I usually do the 1st 2 levels just feeding the bird. The 3rd, during the tourney since I might be using some 5-day building. I'll do the 3rd level regardless of using extra buildings. The convince is also a great challenge and more of a logic problem with random luck mixed in. Much more fun than catering. It seems that well over half the time by the 3rd round I can figure out who must get what. Sometimes I'll use 25 diamonds since I get more of them than I spend. Lastly, there are times when nothing hits the 1st round with 6 or more goods. In those cases, abandon all hope and bail. Then try again. I've finished chapter 15 and all upgrades, so this just gives another dimension of fun for me.

I doubt we will ever get the top reward, but then again, the 10th chest in the tourneys was way out of our reach back in the day.
When I read this message I had to check to make sure I didn't write it myself because it's almost exactly my situation.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Troops question for Human cities. Our top battle king has an Elven city. He is almost only using Rangers, Princesses and Frogs. 2 of us with Human cities tried his strategy just now and we both lost twice :( I do admit I forgot to feed my Fire Phoenix. That aside, what troop strategy seems to be working best in the Spire for Human cities?

Adding that I only auto battle.

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

After polling people in my FS, it seems the opponents are different for everyone in each encounter. Do I have bad information? I use whatever troops match up well against the enemies, so there isn't a strict this-or-that. Of course, as we all know, some troops are bad even when they are good, so some types get more use than others.

vermp

I don't know if this has been covered yet.
It takes SO long to get the FS spire rewards when it ends. Everyone in our FS gets the rewards at different times, always very late, some taking 24 hours+ later.

vermp

Spire rewards? 2nd week in a row. Anybody get them?

20 minutes later:

I think I got them. But no pop up window saying here are the rewards.
In our FS, we get the rewards at different times, some are at least 24 hours later. Sometimes I do get an announcement, but usually not.

Yogi Dave

Troops question for Human cities. Our top battle king has an Elven city. He is almost only using Rangers, Princesses and Frogs. 2 of us with Human cities tried his strategy just now and we both lost twice :( I do admit I forgot to feed my Fire Phoenix. That aside, what troop strategy seems to be working best in the Spire for Human cities?

Adding that I only auto battle.

I have a human city and usually the troops they bring are all over the place, therefore each battle is a different puzzle. However, this week they seemed to pretty much require the same troops as the gems tourneys, at least in my spire. So, I used a lot of Orc Strats, Blossom mages, and Vallorian Guards. Seems like most humans shy away from the Blossom mages because we have the priest. I use both.

In my FS there are a few people who only auto battle and do fairly well in the 2-wave battles, but not the 3-wave. They almost always have fed the bird and have a 5-day building or two placed. They have found that when auto-fighting a 2-wave you almost always have to use 5 of the same type troops. If there is a reason you have to use a second troop type, it's very, very, very hard for auto to win.

After polling people in my FS, it seems the opponents are different for everyone in each encounter. Do I have bad information? I use whatever troops match up well against the enemies, so there isn't a strict this-or-that. Of course, as we all know, some troops are bad even when they are good, so some types get more use than others.

That is my experience too and also the feedback from people in my FS about which troops they face. It's very varied and in ways prov fights never are, such as one wave being sort of like a marble and the other wave being like dust. It's vary hard to find a combination of troops to deal with that even fighting manual. There is also a subtle different in the troops they bring. In a tourney, one of the troops they use is one we make in our training grounds or merc. camp. None of the troops they bring in the spire are ones we can produce.

neeronie

What specifically are you having difficulty with? If your concern is with the Spire specifically, it can be very difficult for new players. I'd recommend holding off til your city is more advanced since it can be difficult for even experienced players (or ask around about strategies).

If your concern is with the game in general, I'd suggest looking for a good, active fellowship if you haven't already done so. Many aspects of the game are significantly easier when you have more trading partners, access to tournaments (for knowledge points, runes, relics, spells, etc) and someone to chat with in-game who might answer any questions you have.

The game can be very good or very miserable depending on how you approach certain things and how active your fellowship might be. And the game requires some planning ahead, prioritizing space (which is always limited), and patience.
It does seem to be level adjusted I have three characters, one not in Chapter 4, one in Faries, and one in Chapter 14, Guess which one got inside. The first one. I am in this thread because I want to learn more about strategies. Everything is hard until it isn't and when you keep trying, sometimes you get lucky and usually you get better. Just keep on keeping on for awhile. It is just part of the game. If you find it's not for you, no harm done. It is not required.

Socrates28

As pointed out above The Spire was very difficult for me to begin with. Yet now I routinely finish the second level and the rewards are indeed worth it. Last week I received my fist Magic Workshop and have 2 complete Libraries our and extra buildings associated with it. Our FS has been doing enoug to get to the second level rewards and they are indeed a great help.
Everything is hard until it isn't and when you keep trying, sometimes you get lucky and usually you get better.
I find this to be especially true in my case as I am getting better at choosing troops even though I still mostly auto battle, but I am dabbeling at manual fighting and getting better at it.
IMO, auto battle is a straight frontal assualt on the opposing armies and as every person with military knowledge knows, that gives you the highest casualties.

Risen Malchiah

IMO, auto battle is a straight frontal assualt on the opposing armies and as every person with military knowledge knows, that gives you the highest casualties.
Well, yes and no, Manual fight allows you to more intelligently pick your targets, skip a turn strategically and use terrain to your benefit, but I don't believe autofight blindly rushes forward. It all happens instantly and we don't see how it actually does its calculations, but I believe autofight does an entire battle simulation that accounts for movement, initiative and terrain. I don't have proof other than my observation of results from thousands of encounters.

For instance, priests and blossom mages can easily take down some light melee enemies because they can stay out of range for multiple turns. When I use autofight with priests against them, it still often results in a near perfect win, thus why I believe it takes initiative and spacing into account. And there are times when a fight that should win turns out badly. Sometimes I've gone in to check the terrain and see a bottleneck that makes sense why the troops I chose for the autofight would lose in the scenario, thus making me believe autofight also takes terrain into account. Sometimes I've gone back to autofight and chosen the "wrong" troops (based on the enemies I'm facing) but this time with the terrain in mind and the fight turns out better. Still not proof, but enough to make me a believer. :)

But yeah, for the Spire (especially for multi-wave fights) using manual fighting is sometimes the only way to get a good result. I just wish I could control the order of my troops for waves 2 & 3!

KarlD

Well, yes and no, Manual fight allows you to more intelligently pick your targets, skip a turn strategically and use terrain to your benefit, but I don't believe autofight blindly rushes forward. It all happens instantly and we don't see how it actually does its calculations, but I believe autofight does an entire battle simulation that accounts for movement, initiative and terrain. I don't have proof other than my observation of results from thousands of encounters.
You can actually watch it autofight by starting the fight as if you were going to fight manually and then hit the autofight button in the lower left corner. Sometimes it seems relatively smart and other times it does things that are truly bizarre.

neeronie

For instance, priests and blossom mages can easily take down some light melee enemies because they can stay out of range for multiple turns. When I use autofight with priests against them, it still often results in a near perfect win, thus why I believe it takes initiative and spacing into account. And there are times when a fight that should win turns out badly. Sometimes I've gone in to check the terrain and see a bottleneck that makes sense why the troops I chose for the autofight would lose in the scenario, thus making me believe autofight also takes terrain into account. Sometimes I've gone back to autofight and chosen the "wrong" troops (based on the enemies I'm facing) but this time with the terrain in mind and the fight turns out better. Still not proof, but enough to make me a believer. :)

But yeah, for the Spire (especially for multi-wave fights) using manual fighting is sometimes the only way to get a good result. I just wish I could control the order of my troops for waves 2 & 3!

neeronie

All very helpful information, skipping a turn has been very useful to me as a way of protecting a troop I need for the next wave. Sometimes I even put another troop with the skill I have covered well in harms way as a way of protecting a needed troop. It seems to me the enemy troops go for the weakest of my troops. So I try to hit, run and hide with ones I still need for the next wave and sacrifice the others.

NightshadeCS

Goodness, I seem to be suffering the bad luck streak when it comes to rewards. This week's Spire has given me SF from almost every chest I have completed so far. I am out of CCs and was really hoping to gain a few in the Spire rather than use my timers in MA.

It seems that with the option to disenchant, there are far too many ways to gain Spell Fragments.