• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Need a way to block players

Elf Emma

I would love to have a way to avoid seeing certain players trades along with them not being able to see mine.

Not happy about my 3 star sentient good trades being scooped up by those filling the trader with 0 and 1 star trades.

Just saying I should be able to dictate the type of players I deal with . . .

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I agree. In a normal market, we can refuse to sell to people whose ethics we abhor. We should be able to refuse to trade with others here, too. It would actually enhance the market, because those people would get the hint that they are gouging.

However, I would not want the block to be permanent. Perhaps a 7-day block. I wouldn't want players blocked long term if they quickly learned their lesson and realized they shouldn't take advantage. A 7-day block would be annoying to abusers without permanent harm.

Elf Emma

I agree. In a normal market, we can refuse to sell to people whose ethics we abhor. We should be able to refuse to trade with others here, too. It would actually enhance the market, because those people would get the hint that they are gouging.

However, I would not want the block to be permanent. Perhaps a 7-day block. I wouldn't want players blocked long term if they quickly learned their lesson and realized they shouldn't take advantage. A 7-day block would be annoying to abusers without permanent harm.
Good idea but I would prefer the unblock be at a player’s discretion rather than a set period of time.

Elf Emma

It makes me sad people are doing this and truly don't care.

I really like this game because of its cooperative nature. Working together benefits groups as well as individuals.

The problem people seem to be those that are more focused on undermining other’s gameplay. Maybe they are just bored because they have finished all the chapters.

Whatever their issues, I just want to be able to block it all out and play the game the way I want to play.

shimmerfly

I really like this game because of its cooperative nature. Working together benefits groups as well as individuals.

The problem people seem to be those that are more focused on undermining other’s gameplay. Maybe they are just bored because they have finished all the chapters.

Whatever their issues, I just want to be able to block it all out and play the game the way I want to play.

Now I'm looking up people before I take their trade to make sure I'm not taking any of the "bored" ones trades.
I refuse to give them anything if I can help it.

Elf Emma

I think good-will players should do something about it. Like establishing a Coalition for Fair Trades and only carrying out trades with its members.

How about that?
My fellowship has discussed and none of us are trading with those players.
Not sure how a coalition can be formed. Maybe a forum post listing them?

NightshadeCS

@Moho we have tried to do something of that nature, but it is hard to maintain. There is an Elvenar chat available, and people would post on there when they were going to put up trades so that others could grab them before the "market manipulators" did.

This is just general impression, but it seems to be getting worse. It used to be just a couple of folks doing this like it's their job and now I see pages of it. There is a fellowship in particular who must train their members in this sort of behavior. <sigh>

Moho

Chef
Not sure how a coalition can be formed. Maybe a forum post listing them?
Yes, I think a black list on the forum should be a prerequisite.
but it is hard to maintain.
I understand. This is the reason why a wider organization than a fellowship should be created and run from the forum.
I know it is hard to maintain and it would require a lot of work and organization, but it would be for a great cause. :)

Elf Emma

This is the reason why a wider organization than a fellowship should be created and run from the forum.
I know it is hard to maintain and it would require a lot of work and organization, but it would be for a great cause. :)

I still think the simplest solution is a block player feature in the trader.
Most players are not using the forum so I don’t have a sense of how effective a coalition can be.

Moho

Chef
Most players are not using the forum so I don’t have a sense of how effective a coalition can be.
Fellowship leaders that oppose the bad practices promoted by those you would like to block can easily organize a system where fair trades will take place between members of the coalition.