• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Needles of the Tempest question

Caelith

Does the bonus damage from this ancient wonder apply to auto-resolve outcomes? I mostly use those when I fight in provinces so was just curious.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Yes. This is one of my favorite wonders. Being able to eliminate enemy mages with one shot from my Archer or Ranger makes the rest of the battle that much easier and a high Needles is part of that strategy. Plus, being able to make back enough troops is just as critical and Needles helps with that too.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Thank you :) I assume any wonder that improves a unit applies to auto-resolves, then?
Correct. When you auto-fight, there is still a gameboard that starts out similar to a chess board with your units and enemy units lined up on opposite ends. The AI just makes the moves for both sides, sometimes doing baffling things. But as @samidodamage points out, if AI makes funky moves for you, then it makes same funky moves for enemies. Battle ends when one side has no troops left. You can watch an autofight play out on a browser but not mobile. There are also some battle tips in the Battle Knowledge section if you want to take a gander.

Zoof

Does the bonus damage from this ancient wonder apply to auto-resolve outcomes? I mostly use those when I fight in provinces so was just curious.
Yes, in the same way anything else that improves troop stats are applied in fighting, automatic or otherwise.

On the AW side, that applies to Needles (LR), Heroes' Forge (HM), Dragon Abbey (Mages), Temple of the Toads (HR), and Victory Springs (LM).

Also important for fighters are the temporary military buildings such as Enlightened Light Range, Magnificent Mage Multiplier, Unleashed Unit Upgrade, Dwarven Armorer, and a smattering of various other sale or event-oriented buildings of entirely forgettable names. The first three can be obtained via crafting in the Magic Academy* while Dwarven Armorer can be obtained by getting lucky** in Spire.

* I personally craft them every single time they appear, even in cities where I don't even fight. Never know when you might need to switch from catering to nuking your enemies from orbit.
** If you play Spire often enough, "getting lucky" is only a matter of time when you're rerolling the dice as often as possible.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Caelith If you are on the PC platform then you can actually see how much bonus you get from Needles. Check the stats of your light range troops in your army camp. This will be the numbers with the Needles bonus already added. Take note of what the numbers are. Then temporarily break the road leading to your Needles by moving 1 square. This disconnects Needles, which means the bonus goes away. Check your army camp again to see the attack value of your troops without Needles. (don't forget to put the road back when done). This won't work on mobile because the stats in the army camp are not as detailed there.

Zoof

@Caelith If you are on the PC platform then you can actually see how much bonus you get from Needles. Check the stats of your light range troops in your army camp. This will be the numbers with the Needles bonus already added. Take note of what the numbers are. Then temporarily break the road leading to your Needles by moving 1 square. This disconnects Needles, which means the bonus goes away. Check your army camp again to see the attack value of your troops without Needles. (don't forget to put the road back when done). This won't work on mobile because the stats in the army camp are not as detailed there.

I nearly didn't believe you.

1668295634951.png

The 80% here is coming from both a fully maxed out MM/Sanctuary (30%) and a Dwarven Armorer (50%). All bonuses are additive, much like a lot of things.

What you can't see is my mouse hovering over the heart icon to get the tooltip. The same happens when you hover over the sword icon nearby. Took me a hot minute to figure that out, despite the tooltip functionality being consistent across the rest of the game.

I am the fool.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Zoof In addition, anytime you see numbers displayed in green you know they are being modified by some sort of bonus. If the numbers are not green then they have no modifiers.