• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New, choosing world to build in

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My personal opinion is that it doesn't matter what world you play in. There are going to be ups and downs, new players and old, edges of the map and cozy spots with the right boosts near the center. Start a city in a world that you like the name of. If it doesn't work out, start another. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just start one on each world and then dump all the ones that don't give you what you want before those cities complete chapter 3 and you will have just the one you like after a month or two. ;)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Your on the wrong side then. I think Dew is newer.
Dew made this comment: "I know you are new and eager to post but you have to "know" the game a little more. New Players "read" the Forum but normally don't post." Since dew is one of the most prolific posters here and often gives advice (on this thread, for example, when he mentioned that he would not play on certain worlds with scrolls boost), it doesn't seem logical that he would be new. So I assume he is not. If he is, then he's not living by his own standards.

I'm not trying to advise him not to post. Live and let live. It's all good ... we just correct info where we need to. All I'm advocating is politeness to people who may be trying hard to learn.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Darielle I still consider you somewhat new too, as you have only been around here for a little over a year and a half.

In general, I look at it as anyone who started playing after the game started having evolving buildings, or perhaps after the Spire was added, still somewhat new. That is anyone playing less than two years of the six years the game has been around. Then you have the middle ground players, around for 2-4 years, and then us old-timers, who have been playing over 4 years. And probably as the game continues, I will advance my personal view of that new-player line to when we had the big tournament changes, because that has really become a big dividing line of before and after.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
From an Admin perspective, older worlds are absorbing the scrolls imbalance better, mostly because some of the large non-scrolls boosted players just take them for everyone and sit on them. Not ideal, but something to also be aware of.

Dew Spinner

Dew made this comment: "I know you are new and eager to post but you have to "know" the game a little more. New Players "read" the Forum but normally don't post." Since dew is one of the most prolific posters here and often gives advice (on this thread, for example, when he mentioned that he would not play on certain worlds with scrolls boost), it doesn't seem logical that he would be new. So I assume he is not. If he is, then he's not living by his own standards.

I'm not trying to advise him not to post. Live and let live. It's all good ... we just correct info where we need to. All I'm advocating is politeness to people who may be trying hard to learn.
Iyapo is saying that Glad, isn't new. I hadn't seen that post from Glad, but it is interesting!

Darielle

@Darielle I still consider you somewhat new too, as you have only been around here for a little over a year and a half.

In general, I look at it as anyone who started playing after the game started having evolving buildings, or perhaps after the Spire was added, still somewhat new. That is anyone playing less than two years of the six years the game has been around. Then you have the middle ground players, around for 2-4 years, and then us old-timers, who have been playing over 4 years. And probably as the game continues, I will advance my personal view of that new-player line to when we had the big tournament changes, because that has really become a big dividing line of before and after.
That's okay, Enevhar! I like being a new kid on the block ... makes me feel younger, lol. Yeah, October will be my 2-year anniversary. I just passed the 400K mark and am half way through Amuni, so yes, I do have a long way to go before I get to you "old" guys! ;)

Darielle

Iyapo is saying that Glad, isn't new. I hadn't seen that post from Glad, but it is interesting!

Okay now I think I've gone down the rabbit hole. haha! I'd better stop posting so much myself ... after all, I'm new, too, lol. Enevhar said so! :p

Lemon Wren

My personal opinion is that it doesn't matter what world you play in. There are going to be ups and downs, new players and old, edges of the map and cozy spots with the right boosts near the center. Start a city in a world that you like the name of. If it doesn't work out, start another. :cool: :cool: :cool:

That's how I picked mine. :) Just liked the sound of it.

MagicPagan

Sinya Arda is sort of new.
I'm in Sinya Arda. Had the most moves in that world (I play in 4) because of all the tree trunks in my neighborhood. Third move since March was last week.

I'm scroll boosted and can not give them away, If you are in Sinya, please discover me. I have over 13K scrolls I'd like to unload on you, and I'll still have plenty for me and my fellowship.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28963

Umm...there seems to be a lot of planks and silk boosts in nearly every world. Those two boosts shouldn’t be a problem?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am always chronically starved of silk.
Is your FS not taking your trades or not listing them? I see silk as the 2nd highest T2 in your FS. One of your inactives is silk, but he isn't make that much. Your largest city is a silk city in Chap 15. This person should easily be able to support many many many chap 5 cities with trades!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Enevhar Aldarion

So what about retreads. Like me and @Gladiola Haflings?
So you're implying Gladiola isn't 'new' but I am sure she introduced herself as such. So, new imo. @Darielle passed new, she's intermediate now, it's more than just time but also a deeper understanding of how the game works and a good approach, of listening to those who've been around.
D are you an Archmage? You could round out your game experience in the near future by trying this out, if you haven't already. Either that or work for Helya for a bit. ;)

Dew Spinner

I'm in Sinya Arda. Had the most moves in that world (I play in 4) because of all the tree trunks in my neighborhood. Third move since March was last week.

I'm scroll boosted and can not give them away, If you are in Sinya, please discover me. I have over 13K scrolls I'd like to unload on you, and I'll still have plenty for me and my fellowship.
Is one of your alts SatanicPhalen? I have that player in my neighborhood.

MagicPagan

Nope, I'm MagicPagan in all 4 cities. Looked for you in Sinya, and you are way northwest of me. It would probably take years for us to become neighbors.