• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

DeletedUser24197

I don't like the fact that I contribute but because I am only Fellow rank, I get nothing. That doesn't seem fair or the fellowship seems elitist,

DeletedUser20951

I don't like the fact that I contribute but because I am only Fellow rank, I get nothing. That doesn't seem fair or the fellowship seems elitist,
As long as you enter in a badge onto the board for each stage before the stage flag is activated, you should be receiving the reward for that stage, regardless of your title. Fellows can't grab the flag, though, and have to wait for one of higher rank to do so, at which point every player that has contributed will receive the prizes in the chest.

kctanzen

The only thing 'ranks' do in a fellowship is allowing different levels of administration functions to certain ranks.
For example, only the archmage / mage can expel a member.
Ambassadors can see applicants / issue and accept invitations / pull flags (all these functions roll up to the mage / archmage as well).

In some groups, it is common to limit ambassador / mage ranks during the fellowship adventure to lessen the chance of an accidental flag pull.
Everybody in the fellowship will get the exact same rewards -- as long as that person has put something in a spot on that particular stage.
The group gets those rewards after the flag is pulled for the current stage.

(I type slowly ... Nonchalant Antipathy stated pretty much the same thing as I was writing)

neeronie

After the last FA, I suggest that it would be a great help if the path manager could turn off the lights on the paths not in play so players can't accidentally donate to the wrong path. Now that I have started a Fellowship and we have members who do not get messages and do not seem to get chat, I see another reason for the path on/off switch and a new problem to fix. New things for tech to work on, new mountains to climb. I love the new menu what a difference it has made.

neeronie

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please let us know what you think about our 'Fellowship Adventures with a Twist' we announced.

You can read the full post here!
I love the menu, superior job of design for the most efficient way to collect items for badges. This was the second FA for my city on Winyandor, which has members with very small cities so it was a big challenge for us. We will get through the second stage. Aside for the usual problem of finding space for extra buildings, the biggest problem we face is that some of our members are playing on platforms that do not have the ability to message and/or it seems chat so they are putting badges on the wrong path. I have suggested an on/off switch for paths so that the manager can control access but a simple indicator of some sort might work too. This would make the target path more obvious but still allow access in cases where the Fellow just has to donate to be a participator and get the prize.

Risen Malchiah

i wish you could not use diamonds in fa's let really see who the best is
I understand how you feel and kind of agree, but I would like to say that many people really overestimate how many fellowships actually spend diamonds to win.

My fellowships came very close (4th and 5th place this time). Last time we came in 1st and we did not use diamonds. We used a spreadsheet, planned ahead of time and lucked out that we had a lot of people between chapters (or at the end of the tech tree). Available space is a major factor, but coordination is key. (It doesn't help if the players who have all the blacksmiths aren't online. Lol) We also made sure as many people could be online as possible on the last day of FA to spend all our badges together. Anyone who couldn't make it was encouraged to spend theirs first to empty their inventories. I think we had about 15 people online at once. That kind of coordination is hard to come by though since everyone has different schedules and obligations, but it is certainly possible with a little planning. (We also had some super dedicated players who sold armories or culture to fit in more workshops.)

This time, it just didn't work out. We made too many statues ahead of time, which meant less time spent on blacksmiths and necklaces. We had a few people who had scheduling conflicts and of course, some players in the middle of a guest race chapter.

In the last few FAs on Felyndral, a different fellowship has taken the top spot, with some of the same fellowships fighting it out for 2nd-5th place. To me, that's some good competition. While I can't say I look forward to FA... I can say that I look forward to making our rivals work for their position next time. :)

Deleted User - 3932582

I understand how you feel and kind of agree, but I would like to say that many people really overestimate how many fellowships actually spend diamonds to win.
I don't think many (if any at all) FS that are not challenging top 20 would be dropping diamonds - there is really no point. But in the top tier it is quite possible. Plus, in some situations diamond spending is more likely than in others. E.g. we were ahead of the next FS by almost a thousand points with 40 min left to go. In 20 minutes they were ahead of us by more than a thousand. Both FS were duking it out in the pit for days, with a few hundred points difference and were clearly exhausted with grinding those 50 points at ever slowing pace. While it is possible that they stockpiled enough badges to do 2K points in the pit at once, that would require a much tighter coordination and control than simply getting those points over the course of the previous 2 days if they had the capacity. It is much more likely that someone just dropped some coin on jumping up. For us, it just wasn't worth it.

On the other hand, #1 FS kept steady high pace, and even though they finished with much higher score, it is entirely possible that they didn't use any diamonds for that.

Risen Malchiah

While it is possible that they stockpiled enough badges to do 2K points in the pit at once, that would require a much tighter coordination and control than simply getting those points over the course of the previous 2 days if they had the capacity.
In the few hours before the 24h mark, many players start blacksmiths and necklaces. Those will pop with just a few hours to spare in FA. So in the last day when everyone is sitting on oodles of everything else but the pit is stalled on blacksmiths, you can see a sudden move of 2k points easily. If the fellowship managed to scrounge up 40 blacksmiths, that's 2k points worth of pits if all the other badges are ready. We've done it, and we've had it happen to us. Sure, someone could have spent 16k diamonds instead of those blacksmiths, but my bet is on badges becoming available.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If the fellowship managed to scrounge up 40 blacksmiths, that's 2k points worth of pits if all the other badges are ready
Mine did very close to this. Somebody got back from work or a function with less than half an hour to go, who had enough diamonds necklaces to run the team through 1800 points in about 20 minutes. We were still piling into the pit when the clock ran out, having moved from 34th on the server to 26th.

Deleted User - 3932582

In the few hours before the 24h mark, many players start blacksmiths and necklaces. Those will pop with just a few hours to spare in FA. So in the last day when everyone is sitting on oodles of everything else but the pit is stalled on blacksmiths, you can see a sudden move of 2k points easily. If the fellowship managed to scrounge up 40 blacksmiths, that's 2k points worth of pits if all the other badges are ready. We've done it, and we've had it happen to us. Sure, someone could have spent 16k diamonds instead of those blacksmiths, but my bet is on badges becoming available.
Sure, everyone tries to do it - and so did we. Again, it sounds unlikely (not impossible) - remember, both of our FS were in the pit for 2.5 days already, keeping pace very closely for all this time. What were they doing before resetting to blacksmiths/necklaces? Holding themselves back intentionally? You would normally burn through all the excess when you move into the pit (that takes literally a couple of hours), then you're constrained by your tightest production badge, usually blacksmiths. That pace doesn't change unless someone re-purposes massive real estate for those badges (or, well, drops some diamonds). If they could do that, it would be move efficient to do it earlier rather than later. As I said, this requires way more control than most FS exhibit.

Also, I do keep a close eye on the scores of all top 10 FS on the server. Where there is no contest of a particular place, you see steady points progress on average once they hit the pit and burn the excess. Where places are contested (especially where prizes are different), you would see those last hour jumps, sometimes pretty massive. And we're not talking absolute jumps - it's relative to competition that is not exactly standing still.

Occam's razor favors the diamonds hypothesis. That, and I know for a fact that at least a couple of top 20 FS on our server did leapfrog the competition by paying up at the last moment in the previous FA ;)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Occam's razor favors the diamonds hypothesis.
Does it? I'm not sure that spending diamonds is truly a simpler answer than someone having a bunch of 24 hour badges come available or returning from not being in game for a day or two. It might or might not be more likely, but Occam's razor is about the simplest explanation, not the most likely..

If a line on your spreadsheet says player x has 60 diamond necklaces but they are working evenings Friday and Saturday, and won't get on until shortly before the FA ends on Sunday, We're sure going to try to have a bunch of people standing by with as close to 60 of all the short stuff ready to go when they show up. That's a pretty simple explanation.

DeletedUser5610

Where do you go to find your fellowship ranking in the adventure?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
On the idea of not allowing diamonds in the FA.
Sounds good but wouldn't work.
If they took out the ability to buy a blacksmith badge in the FA, all people would have to do is use diamonds to speed up their workshops.
American Express will always find a way.

Where do you go to find your fellowship ranking in the adventure?

Click the number under your avatar/name

DeletedUser19458

My FS was battling it out with another in the pit for the last day or so - jumping 50 points back and forth. In the last hour they skyrocketed 1500 pts ahead of us. We were dueling for 52nd and 51st place. Rewards were identical and worthless ... we were just having fun.

In this case the 24hr production theory makes sense. I can't see anyone spending diamonds to gain nothing from it.