• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Spire of Eternity rewards - discussion thread

TalimSwift

It doesn't work like that. Humans have evolved to be 'strivers' - to be willing to invest a great deal of energy and resources in the hope of a ROI. Because of this a 'maybe' is a far more powerful motivator than a 'yes'. People are willing to work harder for longer (and spend more money) when the rewards are inconsistent and rare. Also, most players are under the influence of sunken cost bias by the time they've done two levels and will continue for an additional chance at that elusive prize if they have the resources to do so.

People need to disabuse themselves of the notion that Inno has no clue how to motivate consumer behaviour. Everything they do is purposeful, calculated and designed to maximise their profits.

I applaud your endless optimism, but it kinda borders on stubborness to admit there are sometimes issues that are legitimate.

I did Spire level 2 in every city (as usual, so no big problem there), then i went above to 3rd floor in my main + 3 more others. Total: 4 artifacts, 1 in 4 diferent cities. Now, in my main, i dont mind, i push to the top most weeks anyways, buut the other towns, it completely screws up the balance of my troops and/or goods, those towns are middle chapter ones, they cannto absorb the costs.
So. whats the verdict?
1- Push, get squat, and then scramble for 2-3 weeks to restock, or freeze tech research for 6 whole weeks (to stop costs from increasing, and to alleviate pressure on my goods) while i do spire, or,
2- screw it, keep diamond farming 2 levels and stop, cuz there's no point going beyond.
I choose 2nd option. There is a limit to which point i choose to be a glutton for punishment. Maybe other players dont mind, or maybe they just dont realize they are being fooled into chasing a mirage.

You have to ask yourself one question. What's the reason to put those artifacts in there? Perhaps to help the players who werent around during the phoenix events to evolve at least one or maybe 2 and catch up with older players so that it levels playing field a tiny bit in tournaments etc...
Now if you make the artifacts almost impossible to get in several copies, what;s the point of putting them there in the first place? Might as well put 100,000 diamond prizes with 1% chance of winning them (which nobody ever will) to get the same result, i.e.: dangle the carrot in front of a chasing rabbit... only we are not rabbits, but smart individuals who know when they're getting fooled.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I love the addition of artifacts into the spire. Been waiting for years for a way for players that wernt around 3~ years back when the original phoenixes were introduced, to get them. However the implementation does seem a little off. The drop rate of these is very low. A few ppl in my fs went all the way to the top of the spire and still didnt get a single artifact. And thats a lot of resources put into something that they didnt get the reward the were looking for.
Its also worth noting that only a few chests/encounters have the possibility of a artifact reward. Which means you need to clear as much of the spire as you can for a better shot at getting one. - But remember who the players are that dont have them. They are younger.. maybe mid level.. cities. The probably havnt built up as strong a military or as many goods as the players that have been here a while. And the spire seems more directed at the longer term players. Younger players dont generally get as far from what i have seen. ~they also dont have the phoenix to help them out any~.
So the way the rewards are designated in the spire seem more likely to be acquired by those that already have the massive strength to complete it (and possibly already have the phoenix) and a lot less likely to be acquired by the smaller or younger guys that dont have a phoenix but are trying to get one.

So i say, Good idea. Not the best planning/execution.

Iyapo1

But remember who the players are that dont have them. They are younger.. maybe mid level.. cities. The probably havnt built up as strong a military or as many goods as the players that have been here a while.

The spire is progressive. A chapter 3 city can hit the top of the spire with a 10k goods surplus and a tiny army. Of course in chapter 3 10k is a lot and tiny is subjective.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I love the addition of artifacts into the spire. Been waiting for years for a way for players that wernt around 3~ years back when the original phoenixes were introduced, to get them.

The Phoenix evolving buildings were introduced in the 2019 Phoenix event, so way less than three years ago, and their artifacts were part of the 2020 event also. I still have a couple of the 2019 artifacts I made with the 2020 Coldfire artifacts.

And I still think because they gave us this 6 weeks to try and get the 2019 artifacts from the Spire, that they will not be available in the 2021 Phoenix event.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
But remember who the players are that dont have them. They are younger.. maybe mid level.. cities. The probably havnt built up as strong a military or as many goods as the players that have been here a while.
The spire is progressive. A chapter 3 city can hit the top of the spire with a 10k goods surplus and a tiny army. Of course in chapter 3 10k is a lot and tiny is subjective.
That maybe the intention of the spire; and one i would understand. But i cant ignore the reality either. I see more larger cities able to make it to the top then smaller cities by a large margin.
Im not sure how the difficulty of the spire is calculated so i cant say for sure as to why with any definity. Maybe because larger cities are more likely to have army boosting/goods boosting AW or expiring buildings? I normally only do the first floor of the spire jsut to get some catalyst and spell frags along with some small amounts of diamonds. This was actually the first week i went to the top of the spire on my two cities. And to do that i had my fire phoenix active, needles of the tempest boosting my light ranged, enhanced light ranged expiring building, magnificent mage expiring building, 2 health expiring buildings.. along with several other AWs i use to keep up my military like dwarven bulwark, Needles (mentioned), shrine of shroody shrooms, even mountain halls (which while i use it for its population, it also increases goods for negotiation.) --- Iv spent longer specifically building them up then some of the players that dont have phoenix have played in there entirety.
Point being, i wouldnt expect younger cities to have that capability. I wonder if the spire takes all of that into effect when determining difficulty. Or if its just chapter progression.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The Phoenix evolving buildings were introduced in the 2019 Phoenix event, so way less than three years ago, and their artifacts were part of the 2020 event also. I still have a couple of the 2019 artifacts I made with the 2020 Coldfire artifacts.

And I still think because they gave us this 6 weeks to try and get the 2019 artifacts from the Spire, that they will not be available in the 2021 Phoenix event.
only 2019.?. feels so much longer then that. You sure it wasnt 2018? I honestly dont remember specifically, but i thought we had two phoenix events (once a year) since the intro of the original phoenix. - The phoenix events after the first gave 3 original artifact if you completed everything iir. And i have 6. (And i used all my original ones on the fire when it first came out).

Iyapo1

I wonder if the spire takes all of that into effect when determining difficulty. Or if its just chapter progression.
Spire difficulty is based off Chapter, Tech Tree Progression, Expansions placed and Ancient Wonder levels.

I have 3 cities. 2 in chapter 5 one in chapter 6. I have killed the frog every spire since I laid eyes on it and usually hit the top. I have no phoenix, no bear, no boosted buildings and my only wonder is a golden abyss.

Small players dont hit the top for the same reason advance players dont hit the top. City builds that are not optimized for the expense, or they are focused on rapid chapter advancement, or they are more focused on the tournament, or they hate it, or they are happy staying out of the upper sections(the spire is expensive).

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
only 2019.?. feels so much longer then that. You sure it wasnt 2018? I honestly dont remember specifically, but i thought we had two phoenix events (once a year) since the intro of the original phoenix. - The phoenix events after the first gave 3 original artifact if you completed everything iir. And i have 6. (And i used all my original ones on the fire when it first came out).

Yes, two Phoenix events - 2019 and 2020. Remember this is 2021 now. ;)

Deleted User - 1178646

This would be an unbelievably good prize. For the reference, Genies produce 200 diamonds with 1% chance.
and while rare, I do every now and then get them so there not that rare lol.
Spire difficulty is based off Chapter, Tech Tree Progression, Expansions placed and Ancient Wonder levels.

I have 3 cities. 2 in chapter 5 one in chapter 6. I have killed the frog every spire since I laid eyes on it and usually hit the top. I have no phoenix, no bear, no boosted buildings and my only wonder is a golden abyss.

Small players dont hit the top for the same reason advance players dont hit the top. City builds that are not optimized for the expense, or they are focused on rapid chapter advancement, or they are more focused on the tournament, or they hate it, or they are happy staying out of the upper sections(the spire is expensive).
  • relic bonus (highest counts max 700%)
  • tech tree progression (only mandatory techs count)
  • expansions (premium counts for approx 60% of a regular expansion)
  • Ancient wonder levels
Only these factors decide how large the unit sizes are, or how expensive the negotiation costs are.

Chapter on it's own does not count but some chapters unlock new negotiation options beside the basic coins, supplies, T1 and T2 goods
  • T3 Goods chapter 5
  • Orcs, Mana, seeds, sentient goods ect. +1 chapter after you unlock them. (so orcs are unlocked once you reach the woodelves chapter)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
There was a 2018 Phoenix Event. It didn't have any pets. You're both right.

Iyapo1

• relic bonus (highest counts max 700%)
I forgot about this one!

The chapter itself does make a difference. I am not sure about later chapters but so far(ch. 3-6) it is cheaper at the start of every chapter than at the end of the preceding chapter(all else equal). Not by a huge amount.

Deleted User - 1178646

I forgot about this one!

The chapter itself does make a difference. I am not sure about later chapters but so far(ch. 3-6) it is cheaper at the start of every chapter than at the end of the preceding chapter(all else equal). Not by a huge amount.

This is related to completion of mandatory researches.
So it's not bound to chapter but to research.