• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Trader Options

What additional options would you like to see in the Trader window?

• Sort by star rating

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Cross-tier trade filter

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Something else (see below)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I'm happy with the current options

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Maz Mellor

As of now, we can filter/sort the offers in the Trader in three ways: (1) fellows only, (2) goods offered, (3) goods demanded. I would love to see two additional options, one to sort by star rating (3-star at the top, then 2-star, etc.) and the other to filter out cross-tier trades.

What do you all think? Please take the poll and post your comments below. :cool:

DeletedUser3915

i would love to see Trades 'within' Fellowship Only. Some times a Fellow member needs help with some goods, you post them 'in public trades' and they are gone before the member you was trying to help can get them. [public trades] and [fellowship trades] selection buttons. more of a reason to join a Fellowship with another added perk. thanks

DeletedUser3312

i would love to see Trades 'within' Fellowship Only. Some times a Fellow member needs help with some goods, you post them 'in public trades' and they are gone before the member you was trying to help can get them. [public trades] and [fellowship trades] selection buttons. more of a reason to join a Fellowship with another added perk. thanks

To do this, you click the check box at the top left of the screen. That will filter out anyone that is not in your fellowship. I use this several times a day to check and see if anyone in my FS is needing anything. and so does everyone else in our FS. it's a great tool. after I check this, then I uncheck the box and see if any of my outer world neighbors have posted trades that I can help with. and then I see if there is any trades that will help me out.

DeletedUser3915

To do this, you click the check box at the top left of the screen. That will filter out anyone that is not in your fellowship. I use this several times a day to check and see if anyone in my FS is needing anything. and so does everyone else in our FS. it's a great tool. after I check this, then I uncheck the box and see if any of my outer world neighbors have posted trades that I can help with. and then I see if there is any trades that will help me out.
that is a Filter that you click on to only see those trades. maybe i misspoke myself. i would like to have Fellowship only trades. that box filters out fellowship and public offers for you to view but they are all on the public pages. i want it where only your fellow members can obtain the offers you place into the a Fellowship Trader section and keep it out of the Public Trader.

DeletedUser3312

Doubt that would ever happen. We keep things in our fellowship by offering large qtys. Example 50,000 planks for 50,000 steel.

DeletedUser3312

Interesting idea, but some of us keep ridiculous inventories of goods on hand ( a few hundred K in all goods) so that wouldn't deter me from nabbing up your trades if my FS was short on goods ;) Just saying.

True. We message each other when we need something and wait for it to show and collect it. this works for us. sometimes i do put out small trades for the general population. as the are 2 star even tiered trades, they go fast. with the trader as it is.. this is the best we can do. it would be nice if we could lock trades for only our fellowship, but i just don't see that happening. but, lol, I've been wrong before and ill be wrong again, smiles.

DeletedUser3040

Opening up the trader and seeing that 75% of them are cross-tier now for a good that I have 150k or more of...

Sure, I'm running low on your 1st and 2nd-tier boosts. But I'll trade all of mine for your 3rd tier boost that I have 150k of already. I'm just kind of tired of feeling obligated to help with those offers. I very rarely see instances where somebody's offering me 1600 steel for 100 elixer. In fact, I've never seen it. I'd be comfortable accepting a trade offer of 100 second tier for 400 first tier goods. But I can't imagine a situation where I would willingly accept 100 third for 1600 first, outside of just trying to help, or because the trades bounced around (my other big gripe) and it was an accident.

DeletedUser3312

If you will look at some cities, they only produce third tier goods. It's a fast way of building up your supply level. It's has become the popular thing to do. To me it is lazy and trying to take advantage of others. But if people are willing work a week to give their goods in exchange for something that took 3 hours, that is their choice. I truly wish cross tier trades were limited to like 3 a week. That way if you were trying to help someone you could. But 3 of each a separate good.

Maz Mellor

If you will look at some cities, they only produce third tier goods. It's a fast way of building up your supply level. It's has become the popular thing to do. To me it is lazy and trying to take advantage of others.

I wish the game didn't slap the 2-star "fair trade" rating on cross-tier trades that are anything but. I have this discussion periodically in my fellowship because people start offering 2-star cross-tiers again (always more valuable for less valuable goods, of course) and I feel I should explain why I, at least, am not taking their trades. Never mind the neighbors who offer 100 tier 2 goods for 395 tier 1 and think they're being generous.

DeletedUser3312

I
I wish the game didn't slap the 2-star "fair trade" rating on cross-tier trades that are anything but

I only see one star and zero star cross trades. and for crazy amounts. It is sad. Thank goodness I belong to a FS. That saves me from having to participate in those types of trades!

DeletedUser3297

Cross tier trading is great when you need to move a large amount of goods across multiple fellowships (we do this all the time in Felyndral) or to give a lower ranking member some help to get them started on their next boost, or to give fellowship members an advantage in the tournaments, I'll give away all my tier 1 goods to help increase people's boosts because I know that is just going to make us a stronger fellowship overall and eventually I'll see a return on my investment. But otherwise, I stay away from those and I message people I've discovered about it to see if they understand how unfair that actually is. most of the time, they don't listen though.

DeletedUser3312

Yes. helping out a member, especially in tournaments is a given in a FS. and it does help everyone out. Ot to someone that is getting started and needs a boost of goods to help them have a place to start trades so they can upgrade their buildings.