• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie question

DeletedUser

I guess I expect too much but I find I can not move simple trails after they have been placed originally. ... is that true??? Makes it difficult to move things around for more space. Also, my quest today is to purchase 3 knowledge points but the knowledge point bar is always full and I dont see how I can purchase any... winning them through negotiating or fighting doesnt seem to count. Any help is greatly appreciated!

DeletedUser61

move simple trails
  • Click on the 4 directional arrow, at the bottom of the page, and then click on the roadway, or other objects, that you want to drag to somewhere else.
  • Click on the book icon to get to the Technology Tree, and plop some KPs into research. You'll then have plenty of space to buy (use coins) 3 KPs.

DeletedUser

Thanks so much for the reply, but for me to use the directional arrow then clicking the simple trails they do not move to replace original roads .. they only will attach to a new area where there is nothing... also when I click the book icon nothing drops down like the other icons on the bar. I am wondering if these are bugs or am I just not understanding.

DeletedUser61

• Footpaths are the lowest grade of roads. If you have the goods that you need for the more advanced roadway then you can, indeed, drag to BUILD OVER the lesser roadway, but you can't simply drag existing roadway over existing roadway.
  • The build over is supposed to be convenient, but it's typically so confusing that I don't even bother. It's quicker to park my "extra" roadway along an edge, somewhere, while I'm rearranging things. Take a peek at https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Streets
  • Take a close look at https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Research_Menu#Research_Menu. That's the book that we're talking about. Clicking doesn't take you to a build menu, it takes you to a very elaborate technology tree with dozens of interconnected boxes.

DeletedUser

No, the build menu is the icon that looks like a hammer and spikes. The book is indeed a technology tree you must work your way through to gain upgrades.

DeletedUser

I understand all of this except the knowledge point bar at top where there are all lit up points I guess they never change... and my quest that has stalled me is to click the book and when it opens to purchase 3 knowledge points... when I click the book nothing happens.. It is as if the icon is stuck. I ahve been to the knowledge tree from the bottom and I have advanced to the second stage... but I cant buy any knowledge points .. please help me if you can!

DeletedUser115

I understand all of this except the knowledge point bar at top where there are all lit up points I guess they never change... and my quest that has stalled me is to click the book and when it opens to purchase 3 knowledge points... when I click the book nothing happens.. It is as if the icon is stuck. I ahve been to the knowledge tree from the bottom and I have advanced to the second stage... but I cant buy any knowledge points .. please help me if you can!

Hi SCHOTZY -

The knowledge points at the top of your screen are used for researches, so as soon as you use them in a research you will lose knowledge points. Unfortunately, you cannot buy knowledge points while your knowledge points bar is full. You will need to spend enough that you will at least get below 10 in order to purchase more.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask here or via support. :) Have a great day!

DeletedUser

Thanks so much I can see this... problem is I have 63 kps and it is very difficult to get it down below ten while moving through provinces and getting treasures... But now I at leasst know what I need to strive for.. If I were to decline the quest to purchase these 3 kps would that be a terrible thing ... would it set me back?

DeletedUser61

The more serious problem is that once you've reached 10 KPs in the bar, you'll no longer accumulate any more hourly KPs, for free.

You seriously need to get your Technology Tree untangled and/or find somebody who will swap Ancient Wonder KPs with you.

In a couple of week a new pair of Ancient Wonders will become available in Chapter II, and that will help a BUNCH.