• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am talking about people who won multiple Mermaid Palaces in the last event. They have no need for cross-tier as they're flush with T1s that don't count for the event.

There were a lot of players who dropped their tier 1 before the Mermaid stuff even happened and they have been posting those garbage trades for many months now.
Sorry @MinMax Gamer, Enevhar is right. The cross-tier trades started a long time ago, and got worse a few months ago (shortly after the Jester's tavern dropped) There has not been an appreciable uptick since the mermaid event.

Deleted User - 3932582

Sorry @MinMax Gamer, Enevhar is right. The cross-tier trades started a long time ago, and got worse a few months ago (shortly after the Jester's tavern dropped) There has not been an appreciable uptick since the mermaid event.
I am not saying that there were no people without T1s before the Mermaid event. I was replying to a statement that Inno is moving in a direction of reducing/eliminating T1s, and pointed out that people who dropped T1s after the Mermaid event (behaviour that would be consistent with that statement) got screwed in the current event.

qaccy

It's been pretty apparent for a while now that events don't really mix with normal gameplay very well. Some players are just now finding that out with the significant changes brought on by this current Autumn event. Tasks that are doable for chapters 1-4 oddly get more difficult the further you go up the research tree, to the point where eventually you have to decide whether to focus on events or 'normal' gameplay. As far as normal gameplay goes, T1-3 goods are basically out of the picture now but unfortunately, there are still areas that, while optional, are important to many players and haven't really been replaced by T4-6 yet (if they ever are).

Deleted User - 312108

@Alistaire Yes, their version of beta is a live server that gets the new code pushed currently 2 weeks earlier. The original 1.0 had a longer time than that, but events I think are 2 week (maybe less). Otherwise, tourneys etc all are in sync. We buy expansions etc, just as a live server. We do sometimes get things like a few of the teleport spells for free. And Spire was in beta longer than many other things.

Bugs do get reported, but given it is pushed to live so quickly they aren't always addressed.

qaccy

The delay between beta and live seems to depend on what it actually is that's coming. The Spire spent a while in beta before coming to live servers. On the other hand, since events have seasonal themes there's a rather rigid schedule when it comes to releasing those. Or at least there is for live servers, but perhaps Inno should start putting events out 'off season' on beta in order to give beta players more time to test them and submit feedback. This may require skipping one season in order to set up a proper delay so it's unlikely to happen, but something like testing the Spring event on beta while live servers are having their Winter event would give them a couple months to tweak things if necessary. With how things currently are, events on beta are basically already 'done' and there's no time for Inno to really change anything before oh hey, here it comes on the live servers!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Taking more months doesn't necessarily mean they will have more time. Depending on how their development is working they probably have sprint time assigned now as the event is current and active. If they had months the priorities would likely move and just not get done. Current thinking is along the lines of its better to get something 80% done and get it out there, not to get it 100% correct. Beta gives them an opportunity for feedback, early analysis and spotting any major bugs. They will address some bugs but they likely only have x amount of time assigned to fixing event bugs, other sprint time will be to new features most likely.

Once in a blue moon they do delay the release to live due to either a certain major bug or too many bugs, but it is very rare. You are far more often going to see them make changes based on beta feedback, which happens more often then people think (especially with new features).

Deleted User - 312108

@Mykan for this event with so many changes, I think it would have been good to have another week or two between live and beta. Just so that they could tweak things and analyze the data and feedback from beta. The level requirements were a major change and one that has a huge impact on players. Far more so than many of the tweaks prior to Mermaids. My hope would be that internally they would do something akin to a speeded test that is based more on performance testing than unit or system testing where they have a thousand cities of various chapter levels programmed to complete the quest, some at the start of the chapter, some mid chapter, some end. Each of these cities would have various resources and mimic live player play between casual, daily and hard core. Then you would take these and not just do it for that event, but event, break, (completing tourney and spire as able) then doing events until some of the players that started in chapter 1 are in chapter 14 to see how well coded players could play the endless events and what impact some of the quests have on extended game play.

chgobob33

But of course INNNO goes completely the opposite with this event requiring late chapter users to have HUGE T1 production capacity. I was quite happy with like 8 level 15 T1 now I have the Nightmare of 6 level 24 T1 I do NOT WANT but have to have for the stupid event. I hit tournaments pretty hard 2,000 points every week little catering, I already have 15 Million in T1 storage already. I don't need all this wasted T1, and huge usage of population and culture, that is only used for Idiotic Event quests!

@Pheryll You just made me remember that Inno said normal goods would become less and less important as we moved deeper into the sentient goods chapters. It appears that this is the case and that Inno is indeed designing the game around the expectation that we're scaling back our production of T1/2/3 goods, if not eliminating it entirely from our cities (at least in terms of manufactories). By now, the only parts of the game that features that include combat and are outside of the city itself - every normal building receiving upgrades in the Elvenar chapter either requires sentient goods to upgrade, or doesn't require goods at all; the Main Hall, Barracks, Mercenary Camp, Armories, and Residences all do require them while Workshops and (oddly) S1 manufactory upgrades do not. Of course, the Elvenar buildings themselves also require sentient goods to build and upgrade (as I mentioned before), as well as needing them to produce. While normal provinces are hardly a factor in play for most if not all players at this level, it appears it's going to become quite difficult for tournament and spire players to juggle keeping up normal goods production with heavy sentient demand.

qaccy

@chgobob33 You wanna use up those goods, start doing more tournament! I regularly go over 5000 points in a week. Catering varies depending on which tournament it is but those scores generally keep pace with what I produce. Don't just stockpile, put them to use!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Elvenar Ancient wonders have just been given a secondary effect:

Vortex: Increases portal maximum, increases sentient good production

Thermal Springs: Increases residence population, increases culture

The Vortex's first effect stills seems odd to me. It has so little meaning when you cannot even make use of it til chapter 16. But what if they have some weird idea to make chapter 16+ like a new game+ from video games, where you go back to the beginning and you play through a harder version of everything. Except for us, this new game+ would start over at chapter 6, with higher costs, etc, where this effect would actually make a difference? So chapters 16-25 would be harder versions of chapters 6-15 again?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A Manufacturing Challenge just started on Beta World - win Medals by making factory production runs of any goods (not just boosted) and by casting spells.

The prizes are:
  • 270 medals - I KP Instant
  • 810 medals - 3 KP Instant
  • 1620 medals - 7 KP Instant
  • 2970 medals - I0 KP Instant
  • 5400 medals - I5 KP Instant

71801133_10214906285271271_831848235097128960_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.