• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Next FA

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Some would say, 'If you don't help bake the pie you shouldn't get to eat the pie!'. Which is valid so I'm actually conflicted on that one, I do think it's better for everyone to get the prizes, but then of course there are people that just tag every tournament and never do anything more which seems not cool... Still if they grow the FS grows, good for everyone... Capitalism or Communism... Both have pros and cons. o_O
Yeah I thought about this as well, and for me personally I decided it wasn't that important. The way the FA is set up players between chapters are going to do a lot of the heavy lifting anyways (I have almost 100 workshops on Winy at the end of halflings) so I really don't care if a FS member with a full city makes 10, 3, 1 or zero badges.
If the difference is I have to wait 30 minutes for them to come online to insert a badge to get credit, or I can do it for them and they still get the reward, I'll bite that bullet.
Depending on your FS rules/style the players that just tag in for tournaments/FA are either acceptable or not, and the contribution mechanic for the FA is more annoying than it's worth.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The reason fellowships demote members during the FA is that anyone ambassador or higher can click the flag and move to the next stage. If they don't check to make sure everyone has made a contribution then some players may not get any reward.

Oh, I get that. And under normal circumstances it would make a difference, but none of us are treating this as a normal event/FA/whatever. We're all a bit burned out on events right now, so we mostly want to let the new folks see it and have some fun with us in chat if not in the FA itself. We're all making sure the new folks are in and get the rewards, and that's about all we care about, lol! I'm our backbone with 30 WS and 5 sets of lvl 1 T1's, so we'll get through all three rounds on the blue path and then we're done! We've already got all the 1 day production badges we'll need for the whole thing. Now, as long as my wrists hold up under all the clicking, I'm focusing on the brewers and treants, oh joy!

DeletedUser9247

This thing is just designed to bring chaos to any FS that doesn't run like a robot, everyone is popping in at dif. times, on lunch or half asleep or with the baby crying, ect., ect,. Messages are all buried in 3 other ones and the chat is full of other business... I don't even fault them, it's insanity. Reminds me of the basketball game in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'

I remember it being exactly like that with my previous FS plus AM appearing online after 2 days of FA and asking what's going on and then claiming 20 mins later it's to hard and she won't bother...the horror!
I'm sooooo happy now with Derps- it's like an alternate reality :D We just sit and flip switches on teh sheet- glorious organization. Kudos to TomatoeHu for all the work!
I recommend you steal that sheet as well ;)

DeletedUser5800

I'm sooooo happy now with Derps- it's like an alternate reality :D We just sit and flip switches on teh sheet- glorious organization.
I respect that but I'm not looking to run an ant colony :p ... I'm actually a fan of mild chaos, makes things interesting. The FA just really amps it up to a level of madness no longer interesting and just down right stressful. :mad:

qaccy

Pretty disappointing that I don't notice any substantial improvements over the last adventure. I think the only 'improvement' is adding an icon for the badge you get on the questgiver icon?

Quest cycling for FAs should be done away with if at all possible. Figure out a way to have everything active simultaneously and have badges be earned immediately upon collection, without needing to click on quests multiple times when collecting from a lot of buildings. If I could collect 10 baskets of groceries in one drag of the mouse and instantly get 2 farmer's delight badges without needing to click on anything but my workshops, that'd be leaps and bounds better than how it currently works. Same for all the other badges.

It's possible that there could be technical limitations that lead to the current design, but right now FAs are mostly just frustrating. There's very little actual gameplay here, even by Elvenar's standards. You spend most of your time trying to coordinate your FS members and dealing with clicking through a bunch of quests just to keep repeating the one(s) you're personally working on, and I personally find neither of those things particularly enjoyable, especially when the rewards are so lackluster. Tournaments are more expensive but so much more rewarding that it's worth the extra effort to get those rewards. I'm not sure if that's the case for FAs.

DeletedUser9247

Lord Draconian said:
This thing is just designed to bring chaos to any FS that doesn't run like a robot
Lord Draconian said:
I respect that but I'm not looking to run an ant colony
Are you overcompensating for you fear of management or just trying to be condescending?

DeletedUser5800

Are you overcompensating for you fear of management or just trying to be condescending?
I don't fear management I just don't care for over-management as a leisure activity. :p
...and how you got condescending from that I have no idea... I plainly said I respect the style, it just isn't mine. I firmly believe it is a more efficient way to do things... just not very fun for many people including myself. I also don't want to live in North Korea, but I'm sure some people find it highly efficient. o_O

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Lord Draconian @Yol Thor Shul
Before this goes any further, I don't think anything was intended as an insult. Lord Drac's comment about an ant colony should be taken light heartedly esp with the ":p" emoji.
korea.jpg

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
We finished it about 3 hours ago. Followed the blue path (mostly, except for a few that inexplicably landed in the yellow circle o_O) and everyone who wanted one of the prizes got one. Everyone figured it out by the end. We had fun doing it, because we were determined to have fun, not because there's anything inherently fun about a gazillion mouse clicks. We're hoping they make a few changes to the next one, just so 'adventure' deserves to be in the name...Glad to be done.

DeletedUser6653

May be different this time, but last round no rank was required to move to the next map we had someone close both of the first maps while just a "fellow". Also, am i wrong in thinking that the prizes got dropped down a bit...i mean the top three are still the cozy/auction/herd but the time boosts have been lowered in qty and duration..or do i just have a bad memory here?

DeletedUser3468

I'd just like an answer on when exactly it ends! Is it like the last countdown timer where when it said 1 day, what it actually meant was 1 day until we get the hourly countdown or is it 1 day as in it will be done at some unspecified time tomorrow? One of my 2 very small Fellowships is trying to garner enough more points to move up a bit in the ranking and so hasn't collected the 3rd chest yet. (Happily, our ArchMage had the sense to temporarily demote everyone to Fellow so she could decide when to collect but is being a bit nervous about when exactly it is going to be done!)

This has been an "interesting" Fellowship Adventure. All of my Fellowships have gotten to the finish with only one in the top 50. Interestingly enough, it's the smallest Fellowship I'm in but we had extremely good communication throughout the event, pretty much like the first time where we also finished in the top 50, which is pretty good for a small (18 member with only about half participating in the FA) no diamonds allowed Fellowship, even if it is in Sinya Arda. Unfortunately this time our ArchMage there didn't temporarily demote everyone (like she did for the first FA) and due to one of the ambassadors not checking the most recent messages where we were debateing trying to finish off a few more waypoints since they're worth 300 points as opposed to the 50 points from the bottomless pit, and collected the last chest before we decided. *sigh* Not anything major and one failure to communicate is much better than in the other small Fellowship where it felt like trying to herd cats... except I think the cats would have been more cooperative.

Again... since I kind of wandered off my main point, does anyone know exactly when this is ending?

DeletedUser

Is that tomorrow (meaning Saturday since it's after midnight here so it's technically already tomorrow) or on Sunday?

I'm in Pennsylvania, and it's 1:31 am Eastern Standard Time, if that helps you figure things...

DeletedUser10008

My expectation is it's like last time, the counter shows days until it gets under one day and then shows hours. So it should end on Sunday at 5pm eastern time.

nightrider1

thanks for all the contributions and belly shaking comentary. I must say if another member and myself had not just finished a chapter and had the visiting space empty there was no way we could have made a dent in this.
hopefully major changes are in the works

PS anyone looking to buy a bridge:p:D:cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser6892

I've got at least one member with chat down; this is their first look at the FA's. We're doing it because we have a bunch of new to the game members and want to get the rewards for them. Also, a good teaching opportunity in hopes of future improvements to the FA. And a good learning opportunity for coordination and tracking as the tools for that are sorely lacking. But your post made me LOL. We don't have strict communication guidelines, we don't demote anyone for this thing, heck we'll promote you to FA Ambassador if you'd like! Most members will do whatever is asked of them if (a) I can figure out what I want them to do & (b) they can figure out how to do it. And if someone messes up and makes badges we'll never need, puts in a badge someone else was working on, grabs the flag too quick..., no one gets irate about it. But it does require a bunch of time and energy and reminds one of herding kittens.

I do understand much of the frustration of players & problems w/FA....tho this post is saying something close to what I was thinking and why my FS in both worlds knowing all the issues did the event ANYWAY, yay! Not so much for rewards, reason is obvious! But to work on figuring out best way to play, learn what needs doing & if mistakes made, better now than when game works properly!!!! I am on the border if Devs actually listening or not, except that support has listened & been great w/help ... doing what they should so that gives hope!
--As for messing up even if game is fixed up; it's a game, we have fun playing as a team, tho want issues fixed it is like practicing the way it is now which is exactly what we said, in both worlds, lets see how this thing works, & hope we figure out stuff while the techs fix stuff! And then we have fun! Also, tho was wiped out when done! Communication important to my groups so when unable like now w/servers down... not everyone knows to come here....we are kind of lost esp when in middle of some important stuff or conversation, important or not! But realize server issues happen to the best of companies, many with what I have upgraded on my laptop, tho better now than it used to be! HOpe is in sight, ty for listening and have fun, and keep smilin!:)