• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Next FA

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Marindor said "it might not be a bad idea to start getting ready as it's not too far off." I wouldn't expect more info than that until it is released on Beta.

edeba

It has been released on beta...

I did not see any improvement to the endless scrolling...

The game is becoming something that throws my mood off. Seeing the FA without any implementation on the feedback about the endless scrolling and how that makes me feel has me questioning why I continue to play the game. My mood is cranky from seeing this and my mood was cranky when I needed a small amount of marble and I couldn't use my crystal lighthouse to just visit a few neighbours until I had a small amount of marble.

Too much cranky really leads to re-evaluation continuing to play. I've already boycotted further spending to deaf ears...

I'm stunned that developers didn't pick up that the FA without redesign is a defective product that should be canned until feedback issues are addressed. This isn't a problem with font face, but a problem with game design that makes the game feel awful and dreadful and I just don't think anyone plays a game for that.

DeletedUser9601

I'm stunned that developers didn't pick up that the FA without redesign is a defective product that should be canned until feedback issues are addressed. This isn't a problem with font face, but a problem with game design that makes the game feel awful and dreadful and I just don't think anyone plays a game for that.
Genuine question, since I know nothing about game development. Assuming Inno is re-working the quest interface so that you don't need to decline 10 quests every time you complete a badge. Is it better to run this FA while working on the project in the background, and then another FA in December with the improved quest interface? Or never run November's FA and just wait for the good interface? Again, assuming that Inno is working on this, and that its not an easy "done in 1 day" fix?

DeletedUser7370

Assuming Inno is re-working the quest interface so that you don't need to decline 10 quests every time you complete a badge.
Approximately 1 day for 1 programmer to build a new UI window. About 1 more day to connect it with player actions. And then 2 days debugging tests. 4 days. That is how long it would take me if I was familiar with their code. Since I am not, give me a week to get familiar, 4 days frustrating days building the thing because I have not worked with flash programming, still 2 more days testing; so 2 weeks to come in cold and build it.

They have had months since the first FA ran on beta and were told that the design was completely wrong. Lack of performance at this point is evidence of lack of attempt.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Well said.
The FA looks even worse now that we got a decent number of instants from other events. Who wants to decline hundreds of quests for a chance at one single 5h booster, 80% total coin/supply instants, and an orc nest+hut? Sure the mana hut is a decent building for chapter 9+ but come on.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser7370

I too have no intention of participating in the FA given those details. I will cycle the quests to things that do not happen in my city and then ignore them.

DeletedUser3468

Given that the Halloween Event is still running and that we haven't had much of a chance to catch our collective breath between "special" events lately, I'm not overly happy about rolling out the FA so soon, especially with the endless scrolling issue not dealt with. My Khelonaar Fellowship is asking members if we want to participate. A lot of the members weren't playing during the first one (yeah, lots of newbies) and our archmage asked if we even had a chance of finishing it with such a small (18 members) group. My answer to her was Yes, we could (I made it to the very last point on map 2 the first time in my Fellowship of One. If I could go that far on my own, an 18 member fellowship could make it all the way). Then I let the group know that asking if we could finish the FA is the wrong question to ask. We should be asking if we want to do the Fellowship Adventure! Too soon after the Halloween event which was too soon after the Eldrasil (or whatever) event and no time to really concentrate on building our cities... you know... the main part of the game! I have no interest in doing the FA if it's rolled out next week or even the week after that. Too much "special" stuff too close together just makes me cranky! o_O

DeletedUser7738

The FA as it is currently designed and implemented is a waste of time, resources & energy. Some will stick up for this "thing" because they feel they have to or out of some warped sense of loyalty or because it is there & should be accomplished or hope that it will improve, but I think they are being duped by smoke & mirrors. I I like the idea of a Fellowship Adventure, but this "thing" is not it !! :mad: :( :eek:

DeletedUser9247

I agree this thing has nothing in common with adventure, it's more like "week from a life of a drone" event...but...I want mana hut! I'm like a puppy jumping waging drooling and falling over my own little paws for a little treat dangling in front of me :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5800

I will be their backbone.
I did that last time and had the dev's took all this time after all that fail to rework it into something that looked like they were trying at all to care I would do it again (if I had the space) but since it looks like they did nothing.
1. I hope it crashes again so they are forced to rethink the whole thing.
2. If by some miracle it doesn't I wouldn't be putting in any effort with all the space in the world.
3. It's a shame that probably half the people feel that way and the other half will blame them for skipping it rather than the dev's for pushing this garbage to begin with just hoping those people get frustrated and spend money while having no regard for the wedges it drives nor the FS's it breaks.

DeletedUser4366

What's better than a Failed/Fellowship Adventure - what's that? A second FA that is exactly the same! No worrying about the devs not creating new and exciting prizes or using the same buildings over and over for this one! Wow! If there were possibly any folks out there that did not love the prizes the first time, get ready to continue to be underwhelmed. I can summarize the discussion in my FS like this:

-Hey it's going to launch again...
--Wha???? We just finished an event, just after that other event...
-But it's the FA, and you know they must of updated it - tell us more... (sarcasm implied)
-Well if you thought the prizes were downgraded heavily from the fall event to the halloween one...wait to see how low they can get now! It is exactly the same as the last time.
--What?!? We weren't happy about the last one
(a chorus of agreement ensues)
(the villagers sharpen pitchforks and attempt to ignite torches)
-Wait a tic! The plan is to be lazy and just do the minimal possible work to get the small 3 prizes to the most members of the team
--Lazy sounds good. Minimal sounds good.
-In summation: our FS will attempt to finish all 3 maps with a total lack of effort
(cheers rise up throughout the fellowship - torches used to roast farm products from guest races - pitchforks used for quidditch matches)
--Yay for total lack of effort