• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Not enough Pet food

StarLoad

Flat out there is not enough pet food available and even more, bldgs are being made available that "NEED" it. OK, so it's not a need, but the Fire chicken must be fed for the tourney and I am not seeing any available to craft and am down to 4. The new tourney just about requires the UUU, MM and ELR and they are not showing up for crafting either. I am seeing this over several accounts and I am in-game multiple times every day.

I even paid the 50 to reset and got more un-needed relics that I have no use for...

Deleted User - 1178646

I definitely recall the days when these forums were full of complaints that there were just too many pet food offers...
How many pet food do you need per week?
I've been leveling up my Timewarp trying to get down to 2 (polar+fire)
mme as well, just like people complained that they wanted more spell fragments in the spire.

Flat out there is not enough pet food available and even more, bldgs are being made available that "NEED" it. OK, so it's not a need, but the Fire chicken must be fed for the tourney and I am not seeing any available to craft and am down to 4. The new tourney just about requires the UUU, MM and ELR and they are not showing up for crafting either. I am seeing this over several accounts and I am in-game multiple times every day.

I even paid the 50 to reset and got more un-needed relics that I have no use for...

The puzzle is do deal with the limited pet food you can aquire, essentially you have to make choices.
If you see all 4 recipe pools a day, you get ~6-7 pet food a week.

You then have to decide how to use those pet foods. ideally you create a little stock first, this way you can absorb a bad week, and fix your stock in a good week.
Just make sure you do not spend more than 6-7 a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aritra

The puzzle is do deal with the limited pet food you can aquire, essentially you have to make choices.
If you see all 4 recipe pools a day, you get ~6-7 pet food a week.

You then have to decide how to use those pet foods. ideally you create a little stock first, this way you can absorb a bad week, and fix your stock in a good week.
Just make sure you do not spend more than 6-7 a week.
I have not kept written records, but I am positive I do not see pet food nearly that often. I have one crafting now, and I think it's been a week since the last opportunity. And I do see all recipe shifts (prob avg 25/28 a week, tbh).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is crazy how bad the randomness is that Inno uses. Yeah, it is probably the same coding that many other games use, but it always feels worse here than elsewhere. lol

Anyway, I usually see an average of 5 pet food a week, maybe 6, but I do not keep track of it that well.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
<apparently i forgot to hit 'enter' on this yesterday>

It is random luck
I have been holding steady at about 30 pet food and I never go into battle without my fire chicken
And I feed my brown bear semi regularly

I don't seem to get the buff buildings as much as i used to

GlamDoll

I don't seem to get the buff buildings as much as i used to

I would gladly trade with you...I agree, it is half random & half what you want. If you really want it, it might be weeks on end. The algorithms in this game are off the charts. No, really...makes rng almost look good, by comparison. The more I pay attention to others, the more I realize how skewed it truly is.

Deleted User - 1178646

Sadly it is this and there is more and more luck in the game than ever before. You either get good luck or bad. One of my kids gets pet food once or twice a day, sadly no pets for them so not helpful.
I have not kept written records, but I am positive I do not see pet food nearly that often. I have one crafting now, and I think it's been a week since the last opportunity. And I do see all recipe shifts (prob avg 25/28 a week, tbh).

I have kept written records for a long time, and it was 6-7 a week on average

Because of luck you need a stock, for example I am in a really bad luck streak for dwarven armouries now for over 3 months.
But because of stock I am still surviving and waiting on a lucky week where you get one after the other.

I am counting on 1 armoury ~every other week, for a long time I was well above that, and now I am in a crapshoot period, my other town does get them week after week, but my main fails over and over atm.

It's the same with pet food, there are good moments there are bad moment, so you need a bunch of them to absorb the bad and really bad moments, it will restore in good moments.

The problem is that most spend to much in good moments, but the second they get a bad streak it's the end of the world.
it's quite easy to overspend in good moments.

GlamDoll

Because of luck you need a stock, for example I am in a really bad luck streak for dwarven armouries now for over 3 months.

I find this very enlightening...I guess, since I have never used any of these type of booster buildings, that's why I have them rain down on me? I also have pet food rain on me too! Please do not misunderstand me. I have just started using pet food in the past few weeks, so Inno, or whatever, showers me in bliss, with them. God, I love learning!

GlamDoll

Well I am sure that if I was getting 6-7 per week I would not be here posting about the lack of pet food. and yes I see all but 1 cycle in the MA and nope no pet food since the FA was running.

Can I join the party? I have even seen screenshots of people getting 200% diamond offer...

Guess what Inno? That is when I will buy diamonds again! Any questions? Don't come at devs! Check! Don't come at us gamers! Check! I am still waiting for that second part, but, I am fiesty & have a rep to uphold. :/

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Can I join the party? I have even seen screenshots of people getting 200% diamond offer...

Guess what Inno? That is when I will buy diamonds again! Any questions? Don't come at devs! Check! Don't come at us gamers! Check! I am still waiting for that second part, but, I am fiesty & have a rep to uphold. :/

The only time I have seen anyone talk about that offer is as a first-time offer for new players. I don't think anyone who has bought diamonds already will ever get it.

Aritra

If you really want it, it might be weeks on end.
Yep. Last month it took me two and a half weeks before I could craft a single catalyst. Recipe uses three relics and I was plentiful in two. The third was beyond scarce. Would not show up in crafting (and those days I was checking every six hours without fail because the recipe selection I'd miss would have been the one I wanted). Not even a single one would show up when I got relics from neighborly help. Wow. That was frustrating. When the tourney for that relic came up soon after, I went all out just to stock up.

GlamDoll

The only time I have seen anyone talk about that offer is as a first-time offer for new players. I don't think anyone who has bought diamonds already will ever get it.

If memory serves, Soggy shared this recently...I will track it down, no matter how long it takes, if need be...As for whether he ever spent money, I have no idea, whatsoever, at all!

Deleted User - 1178646

Well I am sure that if I was getting 6-7 per week I would not be here posting about the lack of pet food. and yes I see all but 1 cycle in the MA and nope no pet food since the FA was running.

Well I looked it up for you on the account where I actively craft on 2 worlds.

Last 14 days:
World 1: 13 petfood
World 2: 12 petfood

I might have missed 2-3 recipe pools on the second world because I was lazy and lame in the morning and not in the mood to log into both worlds.
anyway it aligns pretty much with what I have seen since the recipe change in "pools" of items.

There will be weeks I get 9 there will be weeks I get 4, but on average it will be 6 to 7.

Seeing all recipe poos but not seen a single pet food in 3 weeks is not impossible but more than extremely unlikely.
On average the spire should reward 5 premium houses and 2 workshops a year, It took me almost a year and a half to get my first on my 2nd world (2 weeks ago I think) so really bad luck is always a possibility. but normally bad luck is followed by luck, at least thats what I hope ;)

But if you arrange the recipe switch scedule in such a way you see all recipes (you can use a 1 time diamond expence to set the time in your favour) if you are frugal, stick to the 6-7 rule and have some reserves to survive bad streaks you should be have enough and you would not have 0 but more something like this
1607575785454.png

This was partially made in the old days when we got an overflow of them, but ~66 of those are from being frugal and knowing how much you can get/use. this is not based on luck but on carefull calculations.

Last edited by a moderator: