• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Notifications & Neighbor Visits changes. Please add an additional page or separate trades and visits altogether.

DeletedUser20539

I understand this has been a forum thread before, but I'm hoping member responses will continue to let Elvenar know how badly we are in need of a larger Notifications pop-up. I am finding some of my Map Neighbors visits are falling off the pop-up! So I am not able to receive or return aid with them unless I have the time to search for them on my neighborhood map. (And most days I don't!) This is especially true when I have had a lot of Trades! Surely an additional page can be added to the Notifications format! Maybe even two. How do others feel about this? We must continue to let the Elvenar team know how important this is to us so they will do something.

AtaguS

Agree completely! I've seen 2 ideas out there that have merit.
1) Add a page or more to the notification list - not sure this would entirely fix the issue as NH visits increase with new map changes...
or,
2) Separate trade notifications from visit notifications. Those trade notifications are usually the culprit what I'm noticing NH visits not making it to my list.

LisaMV

2) Separate trade notifications from visit notifications.
YES to that, what a great idea! It is so messy and confusing as it is, why even have the busy trade info there? Why not just add a tab in the trader window for trades that have occured? There is plenty of room, and it would be nifty to be able to consult it when choosing a trade, or researching who always needs what, etc...

AtaguS

An idea has been recently forwarded to the developer, which you can read about here. These things take a very very long time, but there is some hope that the wheels have been squeeky enough to get some attention. I agree with you that it is up to us to keep the pressure on about this. Particularly as NH visits increase in the future :)

DeletedUser20539

Agree completely! I've seen 2 ideas out there that have merit.
1) Add a page or more to the notification list - not sure this would entirely fix the issue as NH visits increase with new map changes...
or,
2) Separate trade notifications from visit notifications. Those trade notifications are usually the culprit what I'm noticing NH visits not making it to my list.
Separating the Help and Trades is an awesome idea AtaguS I never thought of that. I depend on help and trades a lot so I'm with you

Risen Malchiah

Separating trades is an excellent idea. As it is now, there are times when I hold back in posting more trades because I don't want to fill up my notifications.

One tab for trades and one tab for neighbor visits, fellowship members joining/leaving, and FA stage change would be great. Ideally, the trades would be shunted off to the second tab.

KarlD

Seems to me that from a programming point of view it should be pretty easy to just have 20 (or whatever) pages of notifications rather than 10. Then nothing much at all changes in the user interface.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Good Evening,

I have decided to dress up this idea a little bit to have it forwarded. After all, it has been a long time suggested concept here on the forum. Hopefully, coupled with this concept by @Mykan: here, the developers will feel a small sense of urgency and understand the need to have neighborly visits tracking revisited.

I will let you know if it was forwarded or not ^.^

Xelenia

DeletedUser20539

Good Evening,

I have decided to dress up this idea a little bit to have it forwarded. After all, it has been a long time suggested concept here on the forum. Hopefully, coupled with this concept by @Mykan: here, the developers will feel a small sense of urgency and understand the need to have neighborly visits tracking revisited.

I will let you know if it was forwarded or not ^.^

Xelenia
That you so much Xelenia!!:D This makes me so happy!!! Please post again if they say ok. <hugs>

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello @SeaWolf

I hope you are still around the forum! I did receive an additional update on this! The developers are acknowledging the problem caused by the current set up of the notification setup (that is a start!). While they seek a long term solution, they hope to have a short term solution.

I am not quite sure the time frame of what is defined as "short term" or "long term" in the eyes of the developers, but hey...they are acknowledging it and will keep it in mind!

Xelenia

DeletedUser20539

Hello @SeaWolf

I hope you are still around the forum! I did receive an additional update on this! The developers are acknowledging the problem caused by the current set up of the notification setup (that is a start!). While they seek a long term solution, they hope to have a short term solution.

I am not quite sure the time frame of what is defined as "short term" or "long term" in the eyes of the developers, but hey...they are acknowledging it and will keep it in mind!

Xelenia
Yes Xelenia I'm still here . :D Thank you so much for the update. You are so thoughtful. Just the fact that they are working on it is a wonderful thing! YaY!!!

DeletedUser20539

Don’t know how to add a quoted section of a previous msg yet, but in the app separate notification tabs for Neighborly Help and accepted trades would be Wonderful!
I wanted to say I just "LOVE" your picture Silver Lady. She's so beautiful