• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Offers should be for everyone at the same time

Risen Malchiah

Currently, the really awesome 3x faster factory production bonus is available for some players, but not everyone got it. Doing really cool things, but only giving them out to some players actually is WORSE than not making these cool offers at all.

Here's a thought. When you make an offer or provide some kind of promotion, how about everyone gets it at the same time?

Doing it seemingly at random makes players who didn't get it feel left out. And perhaps some players who did get it might feel guilty about enjoying an offer others don't have or frustrated in trying to explain what it is they're seeing that others aren't.

It's also annoying when nobody knows what's going on. People are left to wonder if they will get it or not, and might log in and out constantly to see if they will get it too. It's annoying for players and probably a headache for support staff to field tons of questions about it.

StarLoad

Do you really expect an official reply? I am seriously asking, my tongue is nowhere near my cheek.

Edward

Risen Malchiah

No, but I suppose if enough people said something and overwhelm the support staff's ability to hit ctrl+c and ctrl+v, someone might notice.

DeletedUser3507

No, but I suppose if enough people said something and overwhelm the support staff's ability to hit ctrl+c and ctrl+v, someone might notice.

I actually agree...:D
We need more to complain on this subject, please...;)
And I have spent plenty on this game, over $3k

Last edited by a moderator:

shimmerfly

@Ashrem Well said.
@Zyviron I sincerely hope your son doesn't see your post:( I have some knowledge of autism and your post makes me very sad.
@Risen Malchiah Yes it may be unfair for some to get some small token but you know this game is not always fair. I doubt anyone will quit over it and the Devs know this. We are just being herded once more? I respect your opinion though!
@jps54 You make me laugh:D (in a nice way).

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Yes it is unfair
Yes some people get a temporary advantage and therefore will be forever winning the competition
No I have no idea why some people think this game is competitive
Yes I was one of the lucky ones for a change
No I do not feel guilty
Yes I would love some coffee thank you
No that last comment was not directed at you
Yes I am now trying to figure out a good way to end this post
No I haven't come up with anything
um
Asparagus

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I have already cleaned a post in here. If discussions cannot be handled on calm heads, unfortunately I will have to close this thread.

Xelenia

DeletedUser5800

Here's a thought. When you make an offer or provide some kind of promotion, how about everyone gets it at the same time?
While I agree and constantly get annoyed by one account getting offers the one I would use it on doesn't, I kind of see what they are doing.
It's more like some people getting random coupons in the mail rather than an actual sale at the store...

I do think their algorithm could use some adjustments because as I mentioned I constantly get promotions I would gladly use on a dif. account on accounts I will never use them, it seems like a basic fishing system, X never does Y so let's throw Y offers and see if they ever change their mind. It would be much better if they had a slightly more complex system that rewarded use of things by offers that reflect that. X used Y so let's give them an offer for Y in the future as they are more likely to use it.

The whole random shot's hoping to catch someone seems under developed... they could at least do both... random coupons in the mail to Current Resident as well as the thing at the store that knows you just bought coffee cream so spits out a coupon for your next coffee cream.
Less "Random" and more "Targeted"

As far as silly little things like the current situation, that should just be global, it's not really an offer, more of a flash sale and those should always be for the entire customer base.

bkbajb

I have already cleaned a post in here. If discussions cannot be handled on calm heads, unfortunately I will have to close this thread.

Xelenia

I think a lot of people, yes I am included are tired of the increased whining that is going on. Never used to be this bad. I for one don't care when something for free comes into play. I appreciate it and will use it if I can. Life is more important.

Risen Malchiah

Xelenia
I guess cleaned means gone completely. For those who didn't see the post in question, the poster was expressing displeasure with how to explain this to their autistic son who didn't get the freebie that others did.

I realize this is a game and I personally don't care so much that I didn't get it, but it did cause some unnecessary confusion in the fellowship and I ended up logging in and out to see if I was missing something while the person in the fellowship who got it thought he had a glitch, not a deal.

DeletedUser3507

Xelenia
Quit with the cleaning, I have told you about that before dang you....

DeletedUser5800

Quit with the cleaning, I have told you about that before dang you....
upload_2018-4-17_15-45-13.png

DeletedUser

I agree i got it but feel Its not right and giving free production or other rewards to only a few just drives more players to dislike the game.

They're just testing this out, which is why it's random. After this reaction though, they may rethink it.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
, but it did cause some unnecessary confusion in the fellowship and I ended up logging in and out to see if I was missing something while the person in the fellowship who got it thought he had a glitch, not a deal.

So you're saying your Fellowship has people who are,
(hmmm how do I say this politely?)
not exactly honor students?

DeletedUser6547

Can care less either way. The devs could make that x3 special even a bought in diamonds and I still would not be into it. Gave it to 1 of 2 main accounts and it was the dwarf one. Really worked well for me and tourny too.