• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Capture.PNG

Its been said many times. I dont think there would be as much of a backlash if inno was going to keep/do BOTH these forums and discord. But obliterating the forums is just one more thing obliterating my desire to remain on this game...

As for ppls attitudes... well, yea. Cant argue with him there. Ppl tend to be pricks all the time these days.
But i dont think that will change with the changing of platforms.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Its been said many times. I dont think there would be as much of a backlash if inno was going to keep/do BOTH these forums and discord. But obliterating the forums is just one more thing obliterating my desire to remain on this game...

As for ppls attitudes... well, yea. Cant argue with him there. Ppl tend to be pricks all the time these days.
But i dont think that will change with the changing of platforms.

So we are to be punished because the German mods can't control their forum?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The forums arnt being shut down because some ppl in the german forums are pricks. Its likely because inno doesnt want to pay to host them. Its always about the money. So our 'punishment' of no more forums is not because of that. - That being said, its still fully possible to acknowledge separately that some ppl are pricks, and troll the forums or otherwise try to still up hate. And its unreasonable to expect a mod to sit there and take it with a smile. Especially since i dont think most are being paid anything. They just do it to help out.

BrinDarby

Its not rocket science, it really isn't .....
Forums/BBSs own'd by the game run by players,
for players, and modd'd by players... ( free labor )
Server cost and domain name cost these days
should be negligable. Getting 1-2 of those "pricks"
as mods, solves the problem of the trolls.... lol.

Ultimately its the $$.... alot of that is in the data. ;)
Look @ privacy laws now in the EU. The player is
#1, Inno is #2, so sharing with 3rd parties is reduced
when Inno owns/runs the forum/traffic. When Inno
partners with Discord, both Inno and Discord become
#2, and both get all the data. If then, Discord is owned
by ohh say Google... Google now gets direct access to
all the data, bypassing privacy laws, that might/prolly
exsist now with the forum and its current form.

Inno not only saves all the costs for the forum, but Discord
prolly kicks back some greenbacks to Inno.... Sure thats a
win/win for them, but its us players that are the lo-ooo-sers. o_O

Disclaimer: thats 1 possible, plausable conclusion to the question :
Why is the forum moving to Discord ? Its an opinion, and may or may not be true.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Sigh. That German CM screenie was so demoralizing to read.

It kinda sucks that the whole forum/discord fiasco has even taken away the excitement of them finally implementing flat city view on browser. Management is like Angel Hernandez inserting themselves into a situation to make it about them instead of the game and ruining it for the fans. It’s okay. They don’t watch baseball in Europe so nobody will get the reference. We know they sure don’t watch college basketball or football.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The in-game link to the forum has been replaced by a link to Discord :( . Unfortunately I cannot access Discord, as my phone number is linked to an old Discord account. This game will soon be less enjoyable without the forum: time to look elsewhere, maybe Baldurs Gate 3.

Oh man, I remember the original Balders Gate.
Is #3 a free online game?
Because I may be forced to look for something new also.

Let's face it, I'm only still here for the people.
There are plenty of games out there.
And if the Forum goes, then the people I like go, what's there left to keep me here?

getmomo

The forums arnt being shut down because some ppl in the german forums are pricks. Its likely because inno doesnt want to pay to host them. Its always about the money. So our 'punishment' of no more forums is not because of that. - That being said, its still fully possible to acknowledge separately that some ppl are pricks, and troll the forums or otherwise try to still up hate. And its unreasonable to expect a mod to sit there and take it with a smile. Especially since i dont think most are being paid anything. They just do it to help out.

I'm sure there will be plenty pricks and trolls on discord as well, there is only one reason they want to shut down the forums and that is money.

FaunWillow

I'm sure there will be plenty pricks and trolls on discord as well, there is only one reason they want to shut down the forums and that is money.
Oh they are already there and commenting more and more.
Ya know, those types who want to shut down other players voices just for fun.

Hardly anyone is using discord for elvenar, other than to participate in contests.

And it’s even worse now on discord because the “structure/layout” is all over the place so the same arguments and questions are in multiple channels because hardly anyone is going to take the time to dig through and scroll up on already made threads.

Conversations are fleeting on Discord. If you’re not around while they’re happening, you’re already behind and have missed out.

Helya was on there briefly. Good luck scrolling back to find what she said.

It’s a quick chat platform not meant for a long lasting game, with dynamics that are permanent and deserve ongoing discussions.