• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crackie have you signed up to SAVE THE FORUM HERE - It worked for StarTrek
No. I don't intend to. After some consideration, I've concluded this current version of the forum is a mess too and prob not worth saving. Ask yourself, if they miraculously changed their minds and decide to keep the forum, does it remove that bad taste they've already left in your mouth? For me, it's a no. At this point, I don't think saving the forum will change anything. The damage is already done.

Smooper

I still think the information and ability to help players that the forum provides is worth saving. If you mainly liked the forum for suggestions and bug finding then probably not but I never cared about suggestions to make the game better and rarely ran into a bug and sending in tickets should work for that part of the game.

BrinDarby

@defiantoneks ,
I'll warn ya, I confuse wiki with wikipidia, .... but
yes, if its owned by Inno, then everything ElvenGems
was + everything in Wiki, then sure add in everything
from here so we don't lose it.

My comment was to the post about reddit, (when that
info should go to wiki. ) It was bad enough with
Elven Gems/Stats/Architect.... now Discord and reddit...
not to mention other sites like iDavis and others.

My packleds comment was on its own and was a Joke.
I guess you didn't get it, no worries...

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crackie Interesting point…and I hate that we’re going to loose that, but I want to try to highlight as much as possible what they’ve done to this community.
We are losing too much information from the forums, and what have we gained?
To be honest, I can't even tell if killing active communities on purpose IS their goal because the priority is less work for everyone. The screenshot of the German CM sure supports that theory further. So if nobody actually moves to discord and it's an empty shell of a platform, then that might be fine too since that's less things they need to manage. They haven't even gotten discord off the ground and the German CM, who runs the other major market, is essentially asking, "What's in it for me?", regarding keeping the forum. Well, what exactly is in it for the players to join discord? Maybe figure that out and fix discord first before shutting down existing communities and asking what's in it for you? They aren't exactly giving us anything new if they took it all away in the first place. Players lose out far more since we lose a major knowledge depot AND longstanding members of the community that provide such info. The forum is user generated content. Discord is a glorified chat room. You don't have worthwhile content without the creators. If you don't have the users, then discord is just a bunch of people idling around waiting for official announcements. Whether it's true or not, I get the vibe that they're content with discord being just a bunch of CMs and mods staring at each other idling in an otherwise empty space. And that's the problem. It might not be true at all! And yet, somehow that's the message we're receiving based on observing their behavior and actions.

The U.S. CM is new and has shown sign of wanting to keep the forum, but then what? The U.S. has to battle the German and other CMs that might not want to do more work? So I don't really see a cohesive community anymore. There's too much "US versus THEM" tribal vibes, and that includes players being "other", even though we're the ones that pay the bills. How many people have already declared in this thread that they're putting away their credit cards? Ironically, some of them probably spent enough money to pay for several lifetime forum licenses from XenForo. Like if you're short staffed and bleeding funds, maybe the strategy should be to figure out how to maintain existing customers and keeping new ones to generate income streams instead of tick off the existing enthusiasts who have played long enough to see end chapters and driving them all away? Cause you can't get ad streams either if there are no eyeballs left to look at the ads. The future down this path is likely just more budget cuts. Let's just say I won't be surprised if I read about more layoffs in another press release. As others have also said, I'm here because of my fellowship. If they manage this game into the ground, then we just migrate to a new game.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have admitted when I made an error or mistake, I am not perfect and my feet go to the bottom when I step in water. I saw the original post and laughed and was surprised that it got mod-edited, but there is no way for me to know who did it. At this point, it hardly matters.

So back on topic anything new to add for feedback?
I don't have a Discord account and have no plans to add one. Even if it becomes the sole source for Elvenar info. But if you keep this existing forum, I will continue to be an active member and will continue to add contributions to the community. That is my feedback.

Yogi Dave

Okay, Discord Duck wins. What we do here no longer matters or at least not much (It took 10 years for Star Trek to come back. Not saying you shouldn't try, but in my opinion, it isn't going to happen.)

That leaves the question of what purpose can this forum have in the future? What might they allow? There is a great repository of info here. Over 7 years of it. I direct people in my FS to it at times or come here to find info to feed back to them or to check to see if what I'm saying is correct. Within the forum, people have directed others to info previously posted. Why just remove access to it? If nothing else, it'd be nice if INNO froze the forum instead of shutting it down. No more input from members, but the more that 7 years of info would still be available. Those who use discord could point people to places in here for help about various things and let Discord do its thing. Disco ball and all. Just keep this site open to peruse. There is a channel in the Disco server -er- Discord server named "useful-links". Add the link to this forum to that list. Just let the info stay available and not be lost, please.

BrinDarby

(It took 10 years for Star Trek to come back. Not saying you shouldn't try, but in my opinion, it isn't going to happen.)
yeah, ur prolly right , but equally as impossible is leaving
this forum in a locked state. You see, 1 benefit to erasing
the whole forum, is erasing ~7yrs of any "bad press"
against Inno or its Dev team.

Tehya1

I guess I am late to the party, but clicking on the info icon in game gives you only two options: discord and wiki. I had to do a google search for the forum just now.

Well not that it will mattter, but I attempted to post a reply, on discord. I could not reply as I was not logged in.. I was. I logged out and logged in. Now my acct was not active until I claim it. So I click claim to have them send me an email, and it brings me to a box with my email and login and hit claim. Only to be told...that email already exists. Go to my pfl profile, see its attached to my email...gave up

Silver Lady

Funny…I reported a bug in game and my support reply said they would put info in the FORUM when/if there is a fix. So where does Discord & Forum actually stand?

Laochra

I've been playing since 2017 & come to the Forum as often as I can. At my most active times, I had 7 cities plus one Beta city. When the last realm opened up, my hubby threatened divorce if I started another city-LOL. I had a Discord channel for all my fellowships, but not everyone participated. Gradually, it became a ghost town. I still have my Discord, but I rarely even go on it myself. I don't see how helpful of a replacement it could be. Due to RL circumstances, I had to scale back & I am only running my one city/FS {The Brothers' Grimm}. I have learned so much here in the Forum, that I am able to take back to my FS. I've made several friends here too. It is sad to think that we will lose so much by not being able to come here. No more cake for @SoggyShorts , no more graphic artwork from @Sir Squirrel , no more smiling at @mucksterme 's love of sandwiches & all the happy banter of friends or the shared commiserations over another pitiful FA. One more reason not to stay? {sigh}

TimeMachine

I'm sure there will be plenty pricks and trolls on discord as well
Oh they are already there and commenting more and more.
Yes I've observed it too, it was just a matter of time!
People who never ever played Elvenar and just log in to troll or to provoke. I guess The "Discord-Community" will see/delete more of this in the future.

Conversations are fleeting on Discord. If you’re not around while they’re happening, you’re already behind and have missed out.

Helya was on there briefly. Good luck scrolling back to find what she said.

It’s a quick chat platform not meant for a long lasting game, with dynamics that are permanent and deserve ongoing discussions.
I agree and my guess is that the people at Inno who decided to switch this forum to discord, did it for exactly those reasons.

I guess they just don't want to have those ongoing dicussions about the game anymore.
I have always red those with great pleasure because that's where I was able to learn much more about Elvenar.

But maybe they don't want people to learn too much about the game, it seems to me that their guess is:
"Those who don't learn that much from experienced players, possibly are earlier willing to spend diamonds and/or real money in Elvenar.

I can understand @InnoGames at least a little, but I think they are not doing it very clever.

All that changes of the last time: the new techtree, that high density of events in general with aditional seasons going on, the adjustements to the rewards in the spire of eternity and the adjustements to the mystical object in the MA - less diamonds to win, the cauldron and other changes I am not allowed to talk about, should only help to put more pressure on players in hope that they invest (more) money.

Of course I am not able to recognize if them changes have led or will lead to more revenue but I've recognized that more and more players left the game - with every bad decison / bad adjustements, líke closing the forums for example, there were a few more leaving the game.

Another point is that it will be harder or not even possible anymore to blame defs for not solving long known issuses, that is maybe a point where the flleeting-charcter of Discord is very welcome.
If I cannot look up since when a bug was reported first, I cannot get annoyed that it wasn't been solved for about two years or longer! ;)

In addition to this I guess that the decission-makers @InnoGames did not want the "forum" to be public anymore although it is pretty normal that a forum should be a public place.
Doesn't this cast a really bad light at @InnoGames? Having a forum to the exclusion of the public?

One should not be able to dig in the crates anymore so nobody will be able to realize that some things have really been treated careless for years. Seems like a very primitive way of thinking to me! ;)

Discord should apparently be more like a pure announcement plattform which is able to recruit new players too, what I think was and is pretty important for @InnoGames too..

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am not impressed with the format of the elvenar discord channel. We are losing too much information from the forums, and what have we gained? A whole slew of Beta channels, and one each for each regular world. Searching for stuff on there is a nightmare. There is no search function either. I see @Lelanya has been trying to put info in but where are all the other scrolls of knowledge? The vast quantity of the knowledge that has been so helpful to so many players is going to be lost. That's a dirty rotten shame and shortsighted as heck.
Spire Scrolls will not be there unless someone transfers them. If you want to do it you have my permission, Myne. I simply do not need discord in my life.

Yogi Dave

I didn’t choke on coffee (since I don’t drink it) but it’s got to be one of the Biggest Jokes Ever!
Our coffee in Fresh Air with Coffee, is magical. It tastes exactly like the drink you want it to taste like. For example, in the evening, mine tastes exactly like Martha's 40 year old tawny port.
1697834341270.png

Should have gotten a bottle for Helya.