• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

BrinDarby

@-Solaris- ,
Where might I find an answer to this :
Why is it, that by taking a link from Elvenar to Discord
there is no handshake of Username to preclude a login ??
It kills 2 birds with 1 stone.....
a) we don't have to signup for anything/remember a PW.
b) it guarentees authenticity of usernames

I always wondered the same about the Forum, but if
other embedd'd chat clients that are 3rd party can do
this, exactly why can't Discord ??

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The thing about Discord is that the pages are so cluttered. It took me a while to figure out the layout of things, but with all the special icons and terms you really don't know what's what. And, of course, they push you to "upgrade" your account with Nitro. I don't like that at all. This forum, on the other hand, is very clean and easy to navigate. Probably because it's doing the forum thing and not trying to be everything to every one....which is what I think Discord is trying to do. Sigh.

Wonder how long I'll be able to post here?

AJ

Deleted User - 281932

I think it has the potential to be more flexible and user-friendly than this forum, but not if you/Inno doesn't allow people to do things like add screen-shots, post links, etc. And why don't we have separate channels for the worlds on the US server? Frankly, right now it's a confusing mess the way it's been set up. Even if it improves, I hope it won't replace this forum - players like to be able to go to something in-game and not to have to join yet another social network. Discord is rumoured to be a bit dubious in terms of how much it intrudes into your privacy; I don't think it's cool to force players to use it in order to get information and help.
I DO NOT DO SOCIAL MEDIA! This forum is the closest to social media as I’m going to get. I resent that it appears that I either have to join or will miss out on updates on upcoming events and new features. I will miss the forum, the people and the knowledge here when Inno shuts it down.
I have not been able to get into Discord through the game or directly for over 2 weeks. Waste of time
How about a more constructive response, please
I've been on discord and it was a disaster for me. I've been playing for 8 years now. I'm not a Frequent Flyer for the Forum but I get on to find the info needed to help the 3 fellowships I'm in. I could not even find anything that had a label or word with Elvenar on it in Discord. I had never heard of it either. I'm not sure it's worth trying again. This has been a great place to come for knowledge and help from so many. The moderators shouldn't have to do much in this Forum. Everyone answers questions here.

Caseybaby

What is there to discuss? It sucks.

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the official Discord server!

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I like to give anything new a chance. I have an open position so I tried to figure out how to post the opening. I think I put something there but am finding the platform difficult to navigate. I did post my ad in this forum, so hopefully I can get a new player. As an AM, I realize, I will need to learn to use discord but I am not enjoying the experience.

Guinevere13

Dear Humans and Elves,

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I prefer the Forum for finding information. I do have a discord account and we use it to post pictures and other non-game-related things in my fellowships. But I've tried using discord for reading announcements in my beta city and it really sucks! It's clunky and it's almost impossible to find the information. I think info should go on both Forum and discord. You're making a huge mistake if you stop sharing info on the Forum! (And this is the general consensus of pretty much all players in my three cities.)

Glenndar

Dear Humans and Elves,

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I have used Discord for another site to get information when the site was down. I hopped in, got the information and left. I didn't like using Discord. The complaint about the Forum is that "no one is using it" but I beg to differ. People are using the forum, they just don't have to log in to use it so it seems like no one's using it. I, myself, use the forum all the time but I come to get the information I need, then leave; I rarely post. And I like that I don't have to log in to get the information I need.

With Discord, members must log in every time they go there. It's a hassle. Even if it's "not that hard" to log in, it's still an extra step that most of us aren't willing to take. It's lazy but I don't care. I'm not doing it. The same way I don't use forums that I have to log into to get information. Inno sees all the log ins on Discord and says, "see, people are using it." I haven't logged into the Discord server and have no plans to. I hate having to log in to get information that could be freely available. It feels like Big Brother always trying to track you. As an Archmage this sucks because I do a weekly info email to my members which will have to end now that I can't get any information. Oh well, I've been thinking about handing my Fellowship over to someone else anyway. I've been playing for quite awhile and I'm over it. Maybe it's time to move on. We'll see.

Myne

Oh Wise One
yeah...I'm still getting the redundant invite and the links you provide to announcements don't actually take you to the announcement..It drops you in the swamp of confusion.

Logan 9 Fingers

A little late to the party, I’ll admit, but here’s my 2 cents. Been playing for years, but I just created my “forum” account today. However, I’ve been regularly accessing the forum site for years to get valuable information. On the other hand, I’ve had the Elvenar Discord account for some time and I haven't accessed it since the initial registration. Nor do I plan to. Just not a lot of worthwhile or user friendly information available on the Discord site. Maybe there’s some data supporting Discord usage, but clearly those numbers can be deceiving. Ultimately, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
It takes you to "Do you know how to register to join the Forum community?"

So they're driving people to registering for the forum after they told everyone they're shutting it down? Or could it be they're keeping the EN forum now? I can't wait to learn something equally ridiculous like they'll save the EN forum but not the US forum. Cause you know, EN has 4,171 registered users and US has 9,905 but let's make EN the bastion of the English community.
I think this was preplanned....
@Lelanya did you see this?

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Yes, I too was coming to report on the link, to their "Did you Know" which they claim we ripped off of them, when the Scrolls were created. :rolleyes: Their 'did you know', is like the stuff the game promotes when we sign in, "Did you know if you visit your neighbor, you will earn coins ... " kind of thing. They recently added a ... How to sign into the Forum one.

This Forum is way better, please let it be this one for the English language.
They think we "copied" them? For real? I thought this was an Elvenar community all of us. Why are they wanting to not be a team with us instead? If only 1 forum is kept.... why can't it be one that ALL ELVENAR players on ANY server can use? We could all come together and work together and collab together. All of Elvenar players.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Yes Yavi, my original cities are on EN.
Is it possible to combine forums together? Or do you think it might be an option that all if us that would like to could also still use a forum at all? Instead of keeping 1 for only certain players maybe we all could be in it together? I would not mind copying and pasting anything needed. Like combine all of the forum accounts so we can all still be in whichever forum they keep.

BrinDarby

@least Discord has 1 thing going for it.....
noone is going to log in, to join a chat,
that is about making a sentence with 6 letters,
or endlessly count to 15 for 6 years.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@least Discord has 1 thing going for it.....
noone is going to log in, to join a chat,
that is about making a sentence with 6 letters,
or endlessly count to 15 for 6 years.
I am running the counting game on Discord, lol. I think we're at Players 87, Mods 10.