• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Opinions requested How many Orc and Mana -- Read for more

StarLoad

OK I would like your opinion and reasons for this Question "Should I stay in chapter 15 when I complete the last tech (only 4 to go now) or open chapter 16 and complete the First tech (Senate), I will not be going forward into 16 past the first tech. Arendyll server - Ed1960 is the account

I know that opening chapter 16 will likely increase my Spire and Tourney costs and
I know that opening Chapter 16 will provide a full level of RR upgrades and MR and MW upgrades

So if you are/have or will be facing this what would you do and why. There is no wrong answer...

Ed

Part TWO: OK I will enter ch 16 and then park ... So that leads me to ask as I build up the city with AW and Troop productions how much Mana and Orc productions will I need?
I have 1.5 mill Orcs 2.9 mil Mana. The Orcs are from the 2 Witch huts and 7 Orc nests, Mana is from Lava Eggs and 2019 Winter event and the revealers fountain.

What other bldgs can I teleport away if I will be parked?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you go all the way to the end of 15 one more tech will have no noticeable impact on the spire and tournament. I could look it up, but something far less than 1%.
The bigger concern might be that quests/FA badges will ask for more stuff like higher T1 amounts for bracelets.

All around, unlocking MUCH better workshops beats all of that handily, not to mention event buildings won.

ekarat

If you go all the way to the end of 15 one more tech will have no noticeable impact on the spire and tournament. I could look it up, but something far less than 1%.
The bigger concern might be that quests/FA badges will ask for more stuff like higher T1 amounts for bracelets.

All around, unlocking MUCH better workshops beats all of that handily, not to mention event buildings won.

Why the focus on workshops in particular? (Says the person with unupgraded workshops.)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I run 3 Magic Workshops (won in the Spire) and have a surplus of supplies to the point I have to purchase from the wholesaler to have the space to collect my supplies. I don't usually use POP spells but pile them on during the FA for the badges so I get about 3 weeks of POP spells on my 3 magic workshops. I also have a bunch of AW's to produce supplies too. So the advice to go to 16 to increase supply production should be taken only if you are struggling with supplies or feel you might get to that point. It just depends on where your city is at in producing them now.

AJ

StarLoad

Unfortunately, this city has no Magic Workshops placed(1 amuni level in storage) and, the 8 I have keep me at 90% capacity. I do have 17 Magic Residences that would upgrade into 16.

Edited for correction: looked back and I only won a single MW but more than 12 MR on the spire

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Unfortunately, this city has no Magic Workshops placed and, the 8 I have keep me at 90% capacity. I do have 19 Magic Residences that would upgrade into 16.
The magic res are also nice, with a good ~20% bump in efficiency. Hopefully, you win some MWS soon, if not then spire-won diamonds could probably not be spent better anywhere else.
2,000 diamonds for what is basically an expansion and a half that doesn't increase your spire formula is a great deal.

StarLoad

Thanks for all the advice I will open the tech and once completed just park in ch 16. now the rest of the questions begin...

Part TWO: ... So that leads me to ask as I build up the city for AW and Troop productions how much Mana and Orc productions will I need?
I have 1.5 mill Orcs 2.9 mil Mana. The Orcs are from the 2 Witch huts and 7 Orc nests, Mana is from Lava Eggs and 2019 Winter event and the revealers fountain.

What other bldgs can I teleport away if I will be parked?

ekarat

That varies by individual. Do you have any ongoing orc or mana costs? Negotiation? Orc strategists? If not, you have more than enough. The mana will decay, but the orcs will accumulate. But you really can safely teleport things away, especially for mana, which will decay.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thanks for all the advice I will open the tech and once completed just park in ch 16. now the rest of the questions begin...

Part TWO: ... So that leads me to ask as I build up the city for AW and Troop productions how much Mana and Orc productions will I need?
I have 1.5 mill Orcs 2.9 mil Mana. The Orcs are from the 2 Witch huts and 7 Orc nests, Mana is from Lava Eggs and 2019 Winter event and the revelers fountain.

Mana will not be a crazy issue until you go into chapter 17 and research the next set of levels for your tier 3 factories. Level 28 upgrade will need 1.0 million mana, level 29 needs 1.1 million, level 30 needs 1.2 million, and level 31 needs 1.3 million. Yes, that is 4.6 million mana to max out one factory. Now multiply that by how many tier 3 normal and sentient factories you keep out I can't remember the big expense needed to level your tier 2 factories after doing the research in chapter 16, but it is not mana.

StarLoad

Mana will not be a crazy issue until you go into chapter 17 and research the next set of levels for your tier 3 factories. Level 28 upgrade will need 1.0 million mana, level 29 needs 1.1 million, level 30 needs 1.2 million, and level 31 needs 1.3 million. Yes, that is 4.6 million mana to max out one factory. Now multiply that by how many tier 3 normal and sentient factories you keep out I can't remember the big expense needed to level your tier 2 factories after doing the research in chapter 16, but it is not mana.
As I said I will NOT be going forward with that city just redoing it to support spire and tourney play.
Do you have any ongoing orc or mana costs? Negotiation? Orc strategists?
Other than use in clearing provinces, Spire catering, and maybe some odd bldg update or tech I am not aware of any need

SoggyShorts

As I said I will NOT be going forward with that city just redoing it to support spire and tourney play.
Other than use in clearing provinces, Spire catering, and maybe some odd bldg update or tech I am not aware of any need
It's that Spire catering that is the big question. I recommend taht you check your stash before and after this upcoming spire and see how your production holds up when you aren't blowing it on techs.

Personally, I think I'm going to remove ALL of my sentient buildings, add the Pyramid and a handful of orc nests and see what happens.
My 1:1:1 sentients put me at 350K, 140K, 200K which is way too much to just rot every night while those 3 factories are holding 40,000 pop and 3 expansions hostage.
Maybe I'll put the pop towards a few more armories too.

StarLoad

Good point and I still negotiate the 3 Bosses on the spire so I will need Sentient goods but clearly not 3:3:5 and even going to 1:1:1 it will reduce my need for seeds dramatically.

I will likely drop half my orc nets as the Witch huts I have seem to make enough

ekarat

Ironically, I want sentient decay, since I'm boosted in scrolls, so I trade for T5 goods and let them decay into T2 goods. That is easier than trading away my scrolls.

But sentient goods do decay into normal T1-3 goods, unlike seeds, which decay into nothing.

ekarat

Maybe I'll put the pop towards a few more armories too.

Why more armories? How does that help? More orcs for orc strategists?
I've never understood why people have so many armories, since their usefulness diminishes after your queue is long enough.

SoggyShorts

Why more armories?
For me, longer queues so I can put KP into Needles and Flying academy without putting any into shrewdy shrooms/bulwark to maintain queue length.
That and more orcs to give me more sentient goods via the pyramid since I'm boxing up ALL sentient factories.

InvincibleRailroad

@ Soggy Shorts. Do you think it is possible to box up your sentient manus and just rely on armories and the pyramid? I am only asking as I have 10 armories and the pyramid (level 6).
I mostly negotiate the spire and auto fight the tourny.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Hey @SoggyShorts you remember that thread where people were talking about troop production times and what increases it in which way and levels in buildings needed to get to just the right amount of time five queues of troops should take? You and I both posted in it, but my searching is not working.