• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Optional building that collects and stores Event currency so they aren't scattered around the map

Palavyn

To me, this is the absolute worst part of every event. It is not fun to move the map around to have to find these, and yes, I know about ctrl+scroll.

Can you give us the option to build a small 2x2 building that collects these things for us, up to the maximum 6 that can appear on the map? Then instead of having to click, drag, and contribute to chronic wrist pain, we can click or swipe the building for the exact same reward. This building would be optional, and if it's not built players that haven't outgrown their Easter-egg-hunting desires can still find the stuff on the map.

Or, if it's easier to program, let us build up to 6 buildings, with each one being able to store one item and block it from appearing on the map.

Yogi Dave

A few years back there was a chest bug where they always appeared in one location when visits were made. Many, including me, were disappointed when that bug was fixed. While this doesn't apply to the find the seeds problem you are talking about, it would be nice if they limited the locations they are put. It was fun once or twice as a noobie looking around the edges of the city for the chests and seeds, beets, sky essence, etc., it did get old. An exception was last summer. I loved finding things on the back of the turtle swimming in the sea and I hope he comes back in the next event.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd support this. Whether it's the best answer or not, we'd benefit from an answer of some kind. I doubt if more than a tiny handful of players find the forest-edge gathering minigame entertaining for more than the first few efforts.

It has all the hallmarks of an engagement-check, forcing people to log in several times a day, so the replacement needs to take that into account. A single click ever six hours would probably be just as engaging (from my point of view), but I'm not sure the developers would agree. Maybe an event building that produces event-coin with production cycles of 1 hour, 3 hour, 6 hour, 9 hour 12 hour, and 24 hour, producing 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, and 12 would do the trick, or not runs, but a 24 hour cycle with early collects that are more profitable than a full day collect.

The latter would probably also be a better engagement tactic for the existing buildings on a long cycle with early collect.

Palavyn

A 24 hour cycle building with early collect would be great! You can set it up like the advanced trader. You get a bonus in addition to what you collect. For example, if we set the early collect at 3 hours, then you get 3 event currency plus a random bonus between 2-6. If you collect at 9 hours, you get 9 event currency plus the same random bonus of 2-6.

The building could be the reward for completing an early quest. The following quest could be to place the building. The reward would be 0, but it could be declined in case you believe players would rather keep picking up stuff on the map.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For example, if we set the early collect at 3 hours, then you get 3 event currency plus a random bonus between 2-6. If you collect at 9 hours, you get 9 event currency plus the same random bonus of 2-6.
That increases the amount you'd get from collecting, for less work. I don't imagine that flyiung. The bonus is not having to go scrounging in the underbrush, not extra doo-daws.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
How about a slotted building where you have to upgrade it until it has 6 slots for the event "find" item? You still have the items on the screen if you want to search for them, but as you get more and more slots you do less and less searching. Each item, as it appears on the screen, also appears in a slot -- provided a slot is available. So the goal would be to get all 6 slots available and it would be something you would have to build and upgrade like the trader. No need to give the person anything else but the convenience of collection since in that you are saving them time and, sometimes, frustration.

AJ

sam767

With the addition of the spire, the game takes a lot more time. One of the most annoying parts of the game that has largely been fixed is the search for the "reward" from doing visits. That leaves the annoying search for the event currency. IMHO, the user experience team does not understand the players and has to receive bitter complaints before they remove mindlessly tedious features. For example, they received huge complaints about the tedious Christmas event, and we were served up the same tedium this time - click - wait - click wait- click wait, to build the May Tree.

Palavyn

That increases the amount you'd get from collecting, for less work. I don't imagine that flyiung. The bonus is not having to go scrounging in the underbrush, not extra doo-daws.
The random bonus is to account for the fact you get 1, 2, or 3 event currency for each click on the map. If you collect after 6 hours, you're probably going to get LESS with my proposed bonus (6+ 2to6) than you would collecting on the map (6 + 0to12). Also, with an early collect building, you would lose any fraction of an hour on the timer. This doesn't seem to be what happens with the map items, as picking them up when there aren't 6 out doesn't seem to reset the timer for when the next one appears. I'm just suggesting a bonus that would net the approximate same yield as the current situation.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The random bonus is to account for the fact you get 1, 2, or 3 event currency for each click on the map.
I fogot about that. That makes more sense.
Also, with an early collect building, you would lose any fraction of an hour on the timer. This doesn't seem to be what happens with the map items, as picking them up when there aren't 6 out doesn't seem to reset the timer for when the next one appears. I'm just suggesting a bonus that would net the approximate same yield as the current situation.
I suppose it depends on what the building ended up being. I think I hybridized it in my brain, so that while I said "produce" I was still actually thinking of it as auto-collecting it from the forest, so there'd be no time loss.

Palavyn

I suppose it depends on what the building ended up being. I think I hybridized it in my brain, so that while I said "produce" I was still actually thinking of it as auto-collecting it from the forest, so there'd be no time loss.
I was thinking what would be easiest for them to implement. Copy and modify the algorithm for the advanced trader, then turn off the forest spawns seems to fit the description.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I was thinking what would be easiest for them to implement. Copy and modify the algorithm for the advanced trader, then turn off the forest spawns seems to fit the description.
Probably easier, but then it's no longer optional unless people who choose not to build it are willing to forgo the extra event-coin completely. And there are still people (I assume not many, but don't know) who enjoy foraging in the truffle zone. Unless the option of building the building turns the gathering off, while leaving it for those who don't build it, which seems quite a bit more complex code-wise.

Agvar

I agree that it's a bind having to go search for these truffles, but I have no space for a new building so that solution wouldn't work for me. I'd like to know why they set a limit of 6 appearances on the map though - just seems like an exercise in depriving people of sleep, also the algorithm for how many you get seems rigged - finding only 1 seed over a dozen times in a row was very frustrating.

Handgrenade

To me, this is the absolute worst part of every event. It is not fun to move the map around to have to find these, and yes, I know about ctrl+scroll.

Can you give us the option to build a small 2x2 building that collects these things for us, up to the maximum 6 that can appear on the map? Then instead of having to click, drag, and contribute to chronic wrist pain, we can click or swipe the building for the exact same reward. This building would be optional, and if it's not built players that haven't outgrown their Easter-egg-hunting desires can still find the stuff on the map.

Or, if it's easier to program, let us build up to 6 buildings, with each one being able to store one item and block it from appearing on the map.
Please tell me you can think of something better than this to busy the developers with. There is a gazillion things that need to be fixed and not scrolling around the map is not one of them... the map is small, it takes no time at all to collect your goods and restart their production. The goods can only be produced in 3 or more hour queues, supplies! Now thats where it gets fun i click on a building, and pick as fast as 5 minutes!! Yessss. Then i can look at the screen and watch my buildings animations... and you are trying to get them to "fix" an event that makes you look in about the same exact spots every single time... got a mental fix. Immagine that building being placed on the top left side, mid left, and bottom left, middle, bottom right, and top right. There are your 6 buildings. You are welcome, no space is wasted in your city. Lets talk about fixing the game now. Not our carpal tunnel. Download the mobile version. PC is only good for moving buildings and buying gems litterally everything is better on Mobile if speed and ease of use are whats important to you. I prefer content...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Please tell me you can think of something better than this to busy the developers with. There is a gazillion things that need to be fixed and not scrolling around the map is not one of them... the map is small, it takes no time at all to collect your goods and restart their production. The goods can only be produced in 3 or more hour queues, supplies! Now thats where it gets fun i click on a building, and pick as fast as 5 minutes!! Yessss. Then i can look at the screen and watch my buildings animations... and you are trying to get them to "fix" an event that makes you look in about the same exact spots every single time... got a mental fix. Immagine that building being placed on the top left side, mid left, and bottom left, middle, bottom right, and top right. There are your 6 buildings. You are welcome, no space is wasted in your city. Lets talk about fixing the game now. Not our carpal tunnel. Download the mobile version. PC is only good for moving buildings and buying gems litterally everything is better on Mobile if speed and ease of use are whats important to you. I prefer content...
It's so good to finally hear from someone who knows what matters, unlike the rest of us.

Nothing's stopping you from making your own suggestion threads.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If you collect after 6 hours, you're probably going to get LESS with my proposed bonus (6+ 2to6) than you would collecting on the map (6 + 0to12).
Just note that the ranges do not contain equal probability for all elements. Thus ranges do not make clear what the average value is. 6 + 2d3 (borrowing DnD notation for 2 rolls of a 3 sided die) would average 10 while 6d3 would average 12, but the event currency is weighted toward the lower values. If the weighting is 4:2:1 (4/7 chance of 1 seed, 2/7 chance of 2 seeds, 1/7 chance of 3 seeds) and your metric simulated 2 hours (with the 2to6) + a constant 6 then your average would be 9.14 while the 6 hour collection would be 9.42, which makes your values not that much less.

Palavyn

Just note that the ranges do not contain equal probability for all elements. Thus ranges do not make clear what the average value is. 6 + 2d3 (borrowing DnD notation for 2 rolls of a 3 sided die) would average 10 while 6d3 would average 12, but the event currency is weighted toward the lower values. If the weighting is 4:2:1 (4/7 chance of 1 seed, 2/7 chance of 2 seeds, 1/7 chance of 3 seeds) and your metric simulated 2 hours (with the 2to6) + a constant 6 then your average would be 9.14 while the 6 hour collection would be 9.42, which makes your values not that much less.
That sounds great to me!

Palavyn

Immagine that building being placed on the top left side, mid left, and bottom left, middle, bottom right, and top right. There are your 6 buildings.
I can't believe you haven't figured out that if you have a few buildings close together, you can collect from ALL of them by swiping them on mobile!

Handgrenade

I can't believe you haven't figured out that if you have a few buildings close together, you can collect from ALL of them by swiping them on mobile!
Thanks for the tip ;)
I would rather have the 16 grid squares for an event building and not something like that. I think we could put our heads together and come up with something better to have the developers work on. Like a realm chat, or a Fellowship adventure that awards a building that is worth the effort needed to get. Here is another one, maybe a search function for mobile like they have on PC. Or a more bland version of the world map then is already in place, or the difficulty level of provinces like in PC. Maybe even fix the Samsung Note S-pen coding so i can use it like i can in litterally every game on the app store including others by INNOGAMES like Forge of Empires. Not to get on your bad side though, i would be okay with what you suggested but its just way at the bottom of my list of things the already slow response we get from the developers. Heck the tournament rewards are not even delivered and they know that every one of their players are waiting for them. They will come but there will be zero apology or here is a little compensation for your inconvenience.