• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs in the elf chapter

Fahrverg

Why is the game suddenly requiring me to have orcs in the middle of the elven chapter? I don't see any way of getting them at this point and yet I can't advance my elven buildings without them. It looks like the game has me stuck.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
We need more information, sorry. If you are in a chapter prior to 8, Mud and Mushrooms aka Orcs and Goblins and these are not the infamous orc wall in the Province ring, then you had best contact Support for help.

So the chapters have been renamed, and I primarily play Humans, right, so I have no idea what you mean by Elven chapter. And I not in a position to check. But at some point, if a player has expanded too quickly, they will need orcs to negotiate provinces. Note: you do not need orcs to  fight your way forward.

Silver Lady

Once past chap 6 (I think) you will need orcs in provinces, Spire and to upgrade some buildings. You get these kind of Orcs from Orc Nest (which you craft in the Magic Academy) and make in Armories level 20 and higher. Making Orcs in Armories will cost supplies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The normal orcs that are used for upgrading buildings or for making the orc troops in the training grounds will be needed in every chapter after chapter 8. You need to make them in the same buildings you did in chapter 8, so you need your armories and any event buildings you can win or craft that make them. And the new mana resource that is introduced in chapter 9 will always be needed too.

Glandeh

@Fahrverg: At 72 expansions you might be at the "orc wall" (unless you bought many premium expansions). As stated by @Lelanya, you need orcs to negotiate province encounters from a certain point (ring 10, I believe). As you are in chapter 7 (formerly known as Fairies), you can not yet produce those orcs. You will unlock those in the next chapter.
The only way to do more province encouters right now (and I would strongly advise against that), is to collect a good number of troop boosts and try to fight the provinces.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes/no ... Orcs, not Orc warriors are only need'd
in the Orcs CH and beyond. Bldgs making Orcs
have to be CH8 or above ?

Seems silly if Orcs are now required in CH 7, not 8.

Wood Elves are chapter 9, Faeries are chapter 7. They said elves. Maybe advance your cities past chapter 6, so you can stop guessing.

Fahrverg

Yes, I'm sorry, I'm in chapter VII, with the Fairy Portal. It looks as though my expansions may be the reason for the Orc (builder) requirement. But I still see no way of obtaining Orcs at this point. I'm not all that proficient with the Magic Academy. How do I construct an Orc producer there? My Armories are maxed out at 19 without more research.

I have spent monies on the game, but I'd be surprised if that brings any punishment rather than help to ones play.

Thanks, btw, for each effort to help me with this. You're a great crew.

Last edited:

Glandeh

I fear the answer to your question is simple: you can not produce orcs while below chapter 8. Orc nests from chapter 6 or 7 will not produce orcs but tier 3 goods.
If you have buildings that require orcs to upgrade and that you have to upgrade to advance, ask support for help. In that case it might be a bug (the game still has bugs, even after all carefull testing :) ). If you need those orcs for province negotiations, you will have to wait till you unlock them in chapter 8 (Armory (breeding grounds), 3rd column). It has an orc symbol (at least in the browser).
It has nothing to do with paying or not paying, as far as I can tell.

Lelanya

Right so province expansion issue is the problem. You cannot make orcs yet, so there are three things you can do.

Look for other provinces that do not require orcs and solve those. Save them for quests asking you specifically to solve provinces.

It  is possible to fight your way forward if necessary.

Stop expanding. You clearly have enough provinces open the next chapter.

Good luck :)

P.S. I love your avatar.

Oh. I see another point that could be confusing. Yes we need orcs occasionally for a variety of tasks but not until they have been unlocked. That province expansion is the exception, that's meant to put a break on unlimited expansion.

Last edited:

Fahrverg

Thanks, everyone. Even with all the money spent, I'd rather quit than mess with Support. LOL, conquered by the Orc Wall. I've played the game solo w/o a fellowship because I have severe health issues, could go anytime, and didn't want to 'burden' a fellowship with an absent player. The only reason I expanded as far as I did was to try and reach the village of one who has helped me in buying goods and with KP exchange. Guess I didn't learn enough about the game before diving in. Thanks again, everyone.

Silver Lady

@Fahrverg Sorry to hear of your health issues and I hope they improve soon.

If you have/had a city in Elcysandir we would welcome you to our FS. It’s a casual, no pressure group as several of our members are working with major health & other RL issues.

Fahrverg

Thanks, I've not heard of it. I played Forge of Empires for a while but ran into too many bugs there as well. It just seems odd that any Fairy building would require Orcs to upgrade, especially when I had already upgraded the same level workshop to the same next level (lvl 20) without Orcs.

Lelanya

They shouldn't require orcs, and if they do, that's a bug. Let me look, it rings a vague bell.

Fayeanne

According to the wiki, a level 20 Workshop is supposed to require being in Orcs chapter and is the first level that requires orcs to upgrade. If you are in Fairies chapter and haven't yet researched the Advanced Scouts at the end of the chapter and the game let you upgrade a Worskhop to level 20, that may well have been the actual bug.