• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Over Scouted

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
You'll probably need to get into the next chapter. When you do the first tech of the new chapter, things will immediately get easier. Squad size upgrades can help, but not as much as the opening tech in the next chapter.

From now on, you can check to see if you've overscouted by looking ahead at the next chapter and seeing how many provinces it will take to open it. If you have the amount necessary to open the next chapter, or maybe just a few provinces over that, you're fine.

Traser

" you can check to see if you've overscouted by looking ahead at the next chapter and seeing how many provinces it will take to open it "
How do you do this?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Shtrumph
On browser, go to the research tree and scroll to the first tech of the next chapter. Here's a pic of what that first tech shows:
Adv Scouts Tech Provinces.png
(click to enlarge)
Mine shows 527 provinces completed out of the 560 required to open the next chapter.

Not sure how it displays on mobile, but should have the same info available there as well.

Zoof

The best advice I can give regards to overscouting (if fighting for events is your concern) is also what I ended up doing:

(1) Reserve/don't touch a few provinces that are scattered around. There must be gaps between them.
(2) Play the game. Seriously. Keep cheesing all the other provinces via catering if you feel you must have a bigger city. Get more KP.
(3) Make sure to keep researching all the "Squad Size Upgrade" techs. Those will make what you've scouted easier since you can then bring a bigger party to the fight.
(4) After a month or so of dedicated gameplay, you'll see results.
(4.5) Alternatively, if you're far enough to have unlocked Spire and can swing the resources needed for the expiring military buildings such as Dwarven Armorer, Enlightened Light Range, Magnificent Mage Multiplier, and Unleashed Unit Upgrade, do that. I haven't checked to see if that actually reduces the listed difficulty, but you'll definitely have an easier time mowing down enemy formations you have absolutely no business destroying.
(5) Even as you achieve results, you'll gain insight as to how many more provinces to reserve for events. Trust me, it gets a lot easier as you go on and get access to more varying types of troops. At around chapter 5 or 6, you'll find it best to keep your scout running 24/7. Believe me; I've got a few provinces that I've reserved at that stage that read "Very Hard" at first and are now "Very Easy" and are taunting me each time I look at the world map.

tl;dr: If you play your cards right, "Very Hard" is just a scare tactic that exists to discourage gamers. And what a discouragement it is! It gets better

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Shtrumph
If you're scouting in a circle around your city, the city that's at 222/160 will have hit the 'Orc Wall' that's found in provinces from ring 11 onward. If you're not scouting in a circle, keep the provinces that are below ring 11 incomplete so you'll have some if needed for event quests. That's where the little green orc heads are required to negotiate the encounters as well as the other resources you're already used to seeing. At that point, fights will usually be 'very hard', have heavy troop losses at best and sometimes impossible. If you haven't unlocked Ch8 (defined by the game as activating the first tech of the chapter) by the time that happens, you'll be stuck since you can't make orcs until then. Fortunately, you're close to Ch8! Once you've activated Adv Scouts for Ch8, the Orc Nests in crafting will make those orcs. Crafting and placing those will get you making orcs before you reach/activate and then upgrade the armories to lvl 20 when you can make orcs there using supplies.

Zoof

[...] I have a couple of worlds 222/160. I will have to be patient.
That's... a bit further along than I previously thought; honestly believed you were in the 2-5 chapter range. Results for you may take a few months if you start reserving provinces now. The ones that you reached that requires orcs for catering? They'll probably be down to Hard difficulty by the time you reach chapter 8 and made a bit of progress there.

I'm currently in chapter 8 (I only play one city) and the other day, I went and beat up a few ring 11 marble provinces with heavily boosted light ranged (two +50% light range, two +25% HP, and a Needles at +23% light range at the time) since I didn't want to spend orcs on catering. Those provinces were rated "Hard" for me at the time. Archers go brrrrt.

I forget which provinces were generally weak to mages, but you can get a lot of mileage with blossom mages if you similarly bulk them up with some DA/UUU and MMM. If you (auto)fight against less-than-optimal enemy formations, try sticking a sacrificial light ranged unit in the second and third slots from the left. If the field isn't sufficiently roadblocked, they'll draw enemy fire away from your squishier mages.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
As far as reserving provinces, some people reserve them after they open them, but that's probably because they no longer have to worry about the hard/very hard levels. I would advise against that for you. Do not open them at all. Provinces that are already opened stay the same color/difficulty, even after you open the advanced scouts in the next chapter. The only provinces that the tech affects are the ones you haven't started already. The unopened/unscouted ones immediately go down a notch on the difficulty scale, both for fighting and for catering. That's what you need ... for the colors to go down from red and orange to yellow, at least.

That will be true for all the provinces ahead ... the difficulty level is permanently fixed at the level at which you opened it. However, getting a bigger squad size will help you to fight those large enemy squads a bit more easily, since your squad size grows. But the negotiation/catering costs remain high, and there's really nothing you can do to lower it after the province is opened.

Yes, you do have a ways to go before you start to see easier provinces, but the good news is that within a couple of chapters, you should be at a very good level. There comes a point in this game where the scouts take so long to complete (55 hours, in my case in chapter 16, and some have it worse than I do), where you can keep scouting all the time and never go above blue level (very easy) on scouts. 95 percent of my available provinces are blue level. Best of luck to you!

(And don't feel bad ... Been there, done that. I was overscouted big time too, when I was around chapter 3 or 4. Inno really should warn players not to do that.)

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I’m at the end of ch 3 in Khelonaar. The only thing left to do in the research tree is to finish some map provinces. Mine are rated medium and hard, without overscouting. Not a very nice “welcome” to new players, (even “experienced” new players).

Mirai

@Shtrumph
On browser, go to the research tree and scroll to the first tech of the next chapter. Here's a pic of what that first tech shows:
View attachment 12052
(click to enlarge)
Mine shows 527 provinces completed out of the 560 required to open the next chapter.

Not sure how it displays on mobile, but should have the same info available there as well.

On iOS mobile, it shows on an overlay how many you've scouted / how many needed (oops, I appear to be well overscouted for opening Chapter III and it's a lively green). Does it get easier past each hurdle?