• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Perks Reset

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The reset can be done only by the Archmage. They would do it if they decided that they put too many points in one perk and not enough in another, or if another mage accidentally put points in a perk that wasn't wanted.

For example, say the archmage wants to concentrate on building up the spire perks. Then some mage comes along and spends the points in the tourney perk. The AM could then reset the points and get them all back, so they can redistribute them in the perks they want them in.

Khalani

Thank you. Now each area has a limit. If you hit that limit than thats all you can put in? Say you hit the limit on spire, that means you cant put anymore perks in the spire. Is that forever or does it go back down as you use them?

Flashfyre

The reset doesn't affect the points limit for each perk, it just resets the amount of experience points to be spent is leveling the perks.
IOW, the point limit for the Tourney perk, for example, will remain the same as long as the level isn't changed, but the actual points saved will fluctuate as your AM spends them and your FS gains them during the event.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Each Perk is leveled up with Experience points (XP). The max level for all of the perks is lvl 10. Once your Spire Perk reaches level 10, it will stay there unless the decision is made to reset the perks and redistribute the XP.
The Perk level determines the max storage level of the Archive points for Spire/Tourney. It's 50pts/lvl for Spire and 2500pts/lvl for Tourney. Storing, using and replenishing those Archive points is separate from the Perks themselves and the XP.

Khalani

Thank you everyone. It wasnt clear in the original write up that resetting them doesnt change that you've reached level 10. If I'm understanding correctly once thats happened thats all you can do with that area as far as perks go?

Darielle

Thank you everyone. It wasnt clear in the original write up that resetting them doesnt change that you've reached level 10. If I'm understanding correctly once thats happened thats all you can do with that area as far as perks go?
Yes, if you reset the points, it WILL change the level, from what I understand.

Example: You are at level 10 for the tourney perks. Your AM decides to take all of the points out of tourney perks and put them in spire perks instead. Now, you are maxed in spire perks and have no tourney perks left, so your level has gone down to zero in tourney perks. I hope that makes sense. That's how I understand it.

Zoof

Try checking this post out. It contains much of the discussion related to Fellowship perks, how they work, and what is done with them. A few key highlights:

* The currency used to upgrade any of the perks is called Fellowship Experience (or just XP).
* XP is gained by obtaining chests in Tournament, collectively reaching certain checkpoints in Spire, and by providing Neighborly Help to your fellows.
* The amount of XP needed to upgrade a perk increases the XP needed to level that perk again by 50000.
* The amount of XP needed to upgrade the other perks also increases by 25000.
* When perks are RESET, all perks drop back to level 0. All XP that was spent is refunded and can be reallocated.
* RESET can be freely used once a month. Additional resets within the same calendar month costs an arm and a leg in diamonds.
* Tournament and Spire points that were accrued at the time of RESET stays put and can be freely spent. You just can't accrue any additional points over whatever the new maximum is after you reallocate XP to whatever perks is wanted.

Note: I did NOT mention in the highlights that XP can also be gained by ranking highly in Fellowship Adventures, since that comes much later and was not discussed in the thread. I'm also not sure if the tourney/spire points thing was mentioned either, but decided to include those in case it was. I remember it was discussed in the Beta thread, but tracking that down would've been too much work

Darielle

* Tournament and Spire points that were accrued at the time of RESET stays put and can be freely spent. You just can't accrue any additional points over whatever the new maximum is after you reallocate XP to whatever perks is wanted.

You've lost me on this one, Zoof. The tourney and spire points do not stay put if the AM resets all of the points and places them elsewhere. At least that's my understanding. For example, if you had 300,000 in one tourney perk but the AM resets all of the points and puts that 300,000 into a spire perk, you no longer have 300,000 in the tourney perk. You have zero in tourney so it does not stay put.

You may have meant something else and I'm just not understanding correctly, so if you could clarify, I'd appreciate it.

Lady Dastardly

Pretty sure @Zoof is referring to the points you have banked in the Tournament and/or Spire Archives, not the FS XP used to upgrade those perks. If you have the Spire Archive perk at level 4 and you have banked the full 200 points, they will still be there and can be spent, even if you reset and take no levels of the Spire Archive perk.

Zoof

You've lost me on this one, Zoof. The tourney and spire points do not stay put if the AM resets all of the points and places them elsewhere. At least that's my understanding. For example, if you had 300,000 in one tourney perk but the AM resets all of the points and puts that 300,000 into a spire perk, you no longer have 300,000 in the tourney perk. You have zero in tourney so it does not stay put.

You may have meant something else and I'm just not understanding correctly, so if you could clarify, I'd appreciate it.
Yeah, I probably should've explicitly defined what "tourney points" and "spire points" were, but were slightly offtopic since the outline was about "Fellowship XP", which are not the same thing.

* Fellowship XP - Earned by doing things described in the prior post. They're used to upgrade Fellowship perks.
* Tournament points - The currency used to unlock chests. It is obtained by completing tournament rounds. Earn 10 chests (which includes the beautiful and oft-coveted Blueprints) by cumulatively and collectively earning 40,000 points. At least, according to this thing since I have no way to directly verify. Any points above the unlocked chest at the end of the Tournament can be preserved/stored, up to a limit, with the Tournament Archive Perk.
* Spire points - The currency used to unlock one of the 12 checkpoints in Spire to earn those prizes. A Gold Spire run requires the fellowship to earn 1330 of these and can be obtained by beating up or sucking up to negotiating with the thingies in Spire. Any points above the highest checkpoint can, up to a limit, be stored with the Spire Archive Perk.

EDIT FOR FURTHER CLARIFIACTION: Taking the example with Spire, my fellowship has level 8 in Spire Archive, which allows us to store 400 points. If we actually had 400 points and decided to reset Spire Archive to zero, that 400 points would still be there and remains freely spendable. If we then decided to reallocate points such that only 1 level is in Spire Archive, we wouldn't be able to put any more points into it until the amount of banked points dip below 50, since 50 is the new maximum. Tournament should work in a similar fashion

Last edited:

Darielle

Yeah, I probably should've explicitly defined what "tourney points" and "spire points" were, but were slightly offtopic since the outline was about "Fellowship XP", which are not the same thing.

* Fellowship XP - Earned by doing things described in the prior post. They're used to upgrade Fellowship perks.
* Tournament points - The currency used to unlock chests. It is obtained by completing tournament rounds. Earn 10 chests (which includes the beautiful and oft-coveted Blueprints) by cumulatively and collectively earning 40,000 points. At least, according to this thing since I have no way to directly verify. Any points above the unlocked chest at the end of the Tournament can be preserved/stored, up to a limit, with the Tournament Archive Perk.
* Spire points - The currency used to unlock one of the 12 checkpoints in Spire to earn those prizes. A Gold Spire run requires the fellowship to earn 1330 of these and can be obtained by beating up or sucking up to negotiating with the thingies in Spire. Any points above the highest checkpoint can, up to a limit, be stored with the Spire Archive Perk.

EDIT FOR FURTHER CLARIFIACTION: Taking the example with Spire, my fellowship has level 8 in Spire Archive, which allows us to store 400 points. If we actually had 400 points and decided to reset Spire Archive to zero, that 400 points would still be there and remains freely spendable. If we then decided to reallocate points such that only 1 level is in Spire Archive, we wouldn't be able to put any more points into it until the amount of banked points dip below 50, since 50 is the new maximum. Tournament should work in a similar fashion
That sounds perfect. Thanks, Zoof.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
You would use the reset to:
  • Change strategy
  • Fix mistakes
  • Strategically use your xp for max benefit

This is one of the reasons you might strategically reset. To obtain a balance in a spire or tourny perk then resetting to a different choice. The other way you could do it strategically is as perks get more costly it can take a long time to save for the next level, so spending perks on something cheaper to gain a benefit that month and then reset once your overall points would let you get the higher level perk.

Example (illustrative not actual) is if you have KP perk at lvl 5 and tourny at level 2, you might put level 3 onto tourny as you can afford it but you really want kp lvl 6. Once your XP is enough you reset and put kp to lvl 6 and tourny to level 2. Rather than just haveing xp sitting there unused for a month or more.

Ok, read the above and still have questions
We’ve maxed out tourney perks, get Gold and 16 chests average weekly
We do use the tourney points occasionally to get the additional chest, no need for perk points in the other buckets (although we’ve banked 5 for Spire emergencies)
So now what?
if I reset the points can we accumulate more for tourney or how exactly does it work please?

Darielle

Ok, read the above and still have questions
We’ve maxed out tourney perks, get Gold and 16 chests average weekly
We do use the tourney points occasionally to get the additional chest, no need for perk points in the other buckets (although we’ve banked 5 for Spire emergencies)
So now what?
if I reset the points can we accumulate more for tourney or how exactly does it work please?
If you have maxed out the tourney perks (are at level 10) then you have 25000 tourney perk points. If you don't reset, you will always have those tourney perks at that maxed level. If you use 5000 one week, you can replenish them the next week, but you won't be able to get more than 25000 tourney perk points ever.

If you reset all your perks (only the AM can do that), then if you were at level 10 before (maxed out) you still can't go above level 10 on the tourney.

You can take away all your tourney perk levels and add them to spire, knowledge, or helping hands, your tourney point level will no longer be maxed at 25,000. You will still have your tourney perk points currently earned, but they would eventually go to zero. By keeping your tourney perk level maxed at 10, then even if you spend tourney points, you can replenish them back to 25,000.

I hope that makes sense.