• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Play is getting repetitive

I loved playing this game in the beginning. I have been here for almost 3yrs and now I am getting very tired of playing the same way all the time. The great thing about the beginning was it seemed like it was different having and Elf city vs. Human city. Now that I am in the higher chapters it feels all the same. The buildings are the same and so are the AW's. I keep loosing members of my FS because they are tired of doing the same thing everyday week after week. Even the special events have us doing the same things over and over again. Please help save the game I love to escape from the real world to.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I had fun in the beginning too! Then I hit guest races and there was a slowdown. So I started other cities. I'm losing that loving feeling too. Maybe it actually is boring after a year or maybe I just have too many cities which makes me feel like I'm on a treadmill.

Moho

Chef
Any game is more or less repetitive, and for an online game Elvenar includes a reasonable amount of variety as well as novelty.

My opinion is that it is players that cause themselves to (become tired or overwhelmed and) lose interest sooner than they expect because they either try to rush through chapters as fast as they can or they start running too many cities in different worlds. Or both.

shimmerfly

I'm approaching my 5 yr mark and still enjoy the things I liked about it when I started.
Here comes the "but"...
Chapter 15 almost did me in.
I'm not crazy about needing sooo many Sentient goods and a trader ful of thieves.
Of course, it's possible it was some frustrating doses of RL kicking me at the time.
When it gets repetetive I go find something else to do now to slow myself down.
I'm a one city girl and am considering starting a new city.......Maybe.
It would be nice to tear this one down and build something pretty.

Aritra

Just less than two years here, still happy. Started a second city after playing a little over a year. (Now I have a third, but it is a non-FS, tinker when I'm bored kind of place). I'm not a fan of FA but glad to get extra artifacts if I needed them (which has been less often since I joined FS, coincidence? idk).

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hmm I did go through a phase where I found everything very samey and was very bored. But it was when my lead city (Elven) was in Orcs & Goblins chapter. That just seems such an unfortunate combination, Elven city overrun by orcs, that it really does color your perspective on the game overall.

Now I am not saying anything, really, beyond try getting a city mired in a guest race unstuck and moving forward again, it may help your perspective.

Huor

I'm coming up on my first year and still having a ball! I'm in a great fellowship, which I think makes all the difference in the world. I only run one city and I suspect if I tried for more, I would loose interest as it would be the same thing all the time. I manual fight only and I really like the "chess match" with the unwashed characters. I do like the idea of less FA's, at least until we have something new to play with. All the different events and new buildings and how to make use of them are a lot of fun. And as others have said, there is the artwork. Really great artwork.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The game mechanics are the core of the game, technically speaking. Figuring out what happens when you do this or that, and how to master this or that aspect of the game is what is challenging. However, those mechanics are not dynamic, but, more or less, rigid. Once you've become intuitively familiar with them, all you can do is go through the motions to move from point A to point B. The various chapters make the movement take longer, but the process, once mastered, offers little challenge. And that's boring.

To keep things "interesting" they add aspects of the game. The Spire, tournament, and various events. But they, too, are soon mastered. And the games get boring again.

The only aspect of the game you can't master, is the part that does change...the players. Thus, in the long run, it is more likely that you will develop relationships, take on roles of responsibility, and hone your "people" skills as the only real continuous challenge. And as you move around from one fellowship to another, you will encounter these challenges. That's why, I think, long term playing of this game, as probably all games, cannot depend on mastering the mechanics, but on learning to deal with and enjoy the players.

AJ

Yogi Dave

I loved playing this game in the beginning. I have been here for almost 3yrs and now I am getting very tired of playing the same way all the time. The great thing about the beginning was it seemed like it was different having and Elf city vs. Human city. Now that I am in the higher chapters it feels all the same. The buildings are the same and so are the AW's. I keep loosing members of my FS because they are tired of doing the same thing everyday week after week. Even the special events have us doing the same things over and over again. Please help save the game I love to escape from the real world to.
Just had to be repetitive.

Hawk1911

I think somethings are repetitive like the weekly Spire climb and the tournaments. But I truly love the variety of each chapter and the new challenges each chapter brings. In order to meet the new challenge ahead, you need to evaluate your current situation, figure out where you need/want to go and then plan out the changes. This involves rebuilding your city, changing the number and mix of buildings, etc...

I could see how some who fall in love with a particular layout would get frustrated, because the next chapter rotates the buildings and forces a change. I feel that each chapter is a fresh start and makes it interesting. In some ways, each chapter makes it feel like a new game. Sometimes we hate it (orcs and goblins) and sometimes we love it.

So many talk about ch15 and the S-good demand. I'm 25% into it and am really having fun with this chapter. Finally have a reason to use some of the teleports I have saved up. I'm switching out factories and constantly adjusting my productions to meet the demands of the chapter. I think it is really fun!

Yogi Dave

...and now I am getting very tired of playing the same way all the time.
So play different. The game has evolved, so should your game play.
I keep loosing members of my FS because they are tired of doing the same thing everyday week after week.
Do they quit the game or move to another FS? Are you being a Gloomy Gus?
I had fun in the beginning too! Then I hit guest races and there was a slowdown.
To me the guest races have been what the gaming part is all about. They offer new challenges and I've loved the storyline text in all but 1 chapter. Even if the quests seem a bit off, I do them. It's an aspect of the game that helps keep it from being the same. True, there is a sameness to many of them, but the story is the more important part. You just have to be patient and not click anywhere and drive off the character sliding in from the side before you read what they have to say. (That's browser, don't know how it works in mobile.) They also offer you to have a lot of interaction with your fellows figuring out what/how to do them and help those coming through them after you've finished. I use the sounds when not sneaking in at work. The different sounds of the shrooms being picked, the bleating sheep, the trader's ships. All different sounds and a nice feature. Even the normal things like manus. The T good, S good and A good for the same manu make different sounds. That has saved me many times from building T goods in an S factory and vice versa. However, I don't turn on the music. Oh, have you heard the banshee scream when she attacks or the sound when she dies? It's AWESOME!

Alram

Flippers just flip
I play on mobile only and my story questgiver is always my builder. It's a one elf show with him reading all the parts. I've heard the different characters are interesting to see.

Iyapo1

I play on mobile only and my story questgiver is always my builder. It's a one elf show with him reading all the parts. I've heard the different characters are interesting to see.
I have received my quests from other quest givers it really makes the game more engaging! Sadly it never lasts more than a day or two and then I am back to the builder giving all my quests!

Mothardes

Hi JerseyMeeko76, I agree with you! It's now just a game to me, so I set my factories and workshops to daily production and go do something else. Like watch television or play Diablo 3 or Witcher 2 or "real life" stuff. I still participate in the Spire, Tournaments, FA, chats and messaging, but some of these events are boring and long and the prizes aren't great enough for me to waste my time playing for hours on end. I play on Arendyll and Sinya Arda; in SA I have an elf city and a human city. My game name is Mothardes and in my 2nd city it's Mothardos. Escape and have other fun!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I keep loosing members of my FS because they are tired of doing the same thing everyday week after week. Even the special events have us doing the same things over and over again. Please help save the game I love to escape from the real world to.

Jersey, I can sympathize with some things you are saying, but I think perhaps your unhappiness may impact the players. Of the two players you lost in January (if you are talking about the Ceravyn group, that is), one of them is doing great in another fellowship. Of the two players you lost on November 28, one of those is also doing great in another fellowship. I know it's hard to be enthusiastic every day, but if you aren't, then people can see that. Maybe you just need a vacation for a while from the game. I hope you can find that spark again and be a light to your group. Inno has changed some things for the better, and we can look forward to other changes in the future. Some aren't great, I know, but it's always interesting to find out how this evolves. Good luck to you.

Farinx

Of the two players you lost in January (if you are talking about the Ceravyn group, that is), one of them is doing great in another fellowship. Of the two players you lost on November 28, one of those is also doing great in another fellowship.

Oddly specific. Speaking for yourself or for a friend?